home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

06-09-2021, 04:47 PM   #1
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Canadian allocations are out

It appears that Canadian allocations on M3 AWD were given to dealers today at noon.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #2
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris888 View Post
It appears that Canadian allocations on M3 AWD were given to dealers today at noon.
I can confirm order sheets are in.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 07:42 AM   #3
ckennedyYOW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Cool. I should be receiving an email from my SA soon, i hope.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3xDrive

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Same here... I talked to my SA this morning, he adv only his mgr can submit the order but will be done today. As per my SA, my allocation spot is reserved since I placed deposit back in 2020.
Hope that's accurate
      06-10-2021, 05:08 PM   #5
Multani
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Competition

when are your AWD due for delivery? My July delivery is looking bleak, so i may switch to AWD, if they are out in September
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 06:12 PM   #6
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multani View Post
when are your AWD due for delivery? My July delivery is looking bleak, so i may switch to AWD, if they are out in September
SOP is 07/2021. September seems reasonable. I just got back news about Individual paint that isn't already on the order sheets. ~5 month delay, massive cost delta. I want what I want, but not enough to bump cost over $100K and delivery into 2022. Looks I'm getting a M3 Comp xDrive, Portimao outside, Fjord blue inside.

Last edited by evilalien; 06-10-2021 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 06:26 AM   #7
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Need some guidance and info here please to ensure I'm getting right info from my SA. So a little concerned!
I talked to my SA since Wednesday when I heard allocation are available but he is waiting on his GM to submit the order. I tried to call him a few times and he said not to worry, that my allocation is confirmed as I paid a deposit back in 2020. My concern is that he has not confirmed my order is submitted or provided me with an allocation number. SA says I will get an August build and September release.
Have anyone of you got an allocation number from your dealer with build date?

Last edited by ct335i; 06-11-2021 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #8
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct335i View Post
Need some guidance and info here please to ensure I'm getting right info from my SA. So a little concerned!
I talked to my SA since Wednesday when I heard allocation are available but he is waiting on his GM to submit the order. I tried to call him a few times and he said not to worry, that my allocation is confirmed as I paid a deposit back in 2020. My concern is that he has not confirmed my order is submitted or provided me with an allocation number. SA says I will get an August build and September release.

I just finalized my order today. Like you I had put a deposit before to hold an allocation. I was told that the process was order is entered and then build date/delivery date is generated. I was told it could be a July, August or September build.

Seems right in line with what you shared if that helps.
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #9
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
When I talked to my contact (a sales manager, maybe has more authority) the other day, he said the internal build tool wasn't updated yet but that he'd build it manually and submit it. Might be a similar thing for you, but waiting for authorization.
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #10
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
On the same boat here. Signed off my build On Friday (# 1 on the allocation list but no production number yet). I saw people on the US forum have production scheduled as early as July 11-17 but not sure what I will get.

I guess once the dealer get an allocation then the production schedule is set for them?

Btw I also saw the pile of file for people who were waiting allocations for G80/82 xDrive and there were at least 30 people on my dealership's list! Crazy… glad I paid my deposit in 2020 Lmao
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-12-2021, 01:29 PM   #11
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
Quote:
On the same boat here. Signed off my build On Friday (# 1 on the allocation list but no production number yet). I saw people on the US forum have production scheduled as early as July 11-17 but not sure what I will get.

I guess once the dealer get an allocation then the production schedule is set for them?

Btw I also saw the pile of file for people who were waiting allocations for G80/82 xDrive and there were at least 30 people on my dealership's list! Crazy… glad I paid my deposit in 2020 Lmao
That's good to hear the experience is similar. I spoke with GM and SA yesterday. They were having an issue updating my order as I wanted ultimate pkg with M Sport seats instead of the CF seats but system did not allow. So they have reached out to BMW to assist and will confirm on Monday. Hopefully it's a system error as data sheets shows the option to switch seats.

As per my SA, for Canada it will be August build and late September or early October delivery.
      06-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #12
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
Quote:

That's good to hear the experience is similar. I spoke with GM and SA yesterday. They were having an issue updating my order as I wanted ultimate pkg with M Sport seats instead of the CF seats but system did not allow. So they have reached out to BMW to assist and will confirm on Monday. Hopefully it's a system error as data sheets shows the option to switch seats.

As per my SA, for Canada it will be August build and late September or early October delivery.
Pretty much the same info here too. I'm jealous to see folks in the US showing off July production schedule… 😔
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 06:07 PM   #13
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multani View Post
SOP is 07/2021. September seems reasonable. I just got back news about Individual paint that isn't already on the order sheets. ~5 month delay, massive cost delta. I want what I want, but not enough to bump cost over $100K and delivery into 2022. Looks I'm getting a M3 Comp xDrive, Portimao outside, Fjord blue inside.
Maybe better off getting it wrapped in the exact colour you want 🤔
      06-12-2021, 07:04 PM   #14
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
I'm considering stealth wrap. I originally wanted to get frozen portimao, but don't want the extra complication of dealing with actual frozen paint. I haven't seriously considered getting a wrap in a different colour, though. I will look into that.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 09:24 PM   #15
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
I'm considering stealth wrap. I originally wanted to get frozen portimao, but don't want the extra complication of dealing with actual frozen paint. I haven't seriously considered getting a wrap in a different colour, though. I will look into that.
I opted for the frozen dark grey at the end. Dealer quoted me $5,550 for full car Matt PPF if you want to go down that route for peace of mind
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      06-14-2021, 06:42 PM   #16
CPSI90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4

Dealer in the West still don't have any allocation. I'm on the waiting list. Anybody in the West got the allocation yet?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #17
sobester
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPSI90 View Post
Dealer in the West still don't have any allocation. I'm on the waiting list. Anybody in the West got the allocation yet?
Not officially, but I've been told it's "my turn" to submit build to the factory for a July build. Deposit placed back in January.

No build number yet though. Hopefully you hear back soon.

Last edited by sobester; 06-15-2021 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 12:34 PM   #18
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobester View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPSI90 View Post
Not officially, but I've been told it's "my turn" to submit build to the factory for a July build. Deposit placed back in January.

No build number yet though. Hopefully you hear back soon.
Same in the east. Order submitted but no production no. Very frustrating
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #19
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

My build is in, but I don't have a number or production month yet. More excitingly, though: looks like individual paint is back on! BMW says they can get the car delivered by EOY, production delay might only be a month.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 03:06 PM   #20
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Update:

Just got off phone with my dealer. Order is submitted and have a production number but could not get the color wanted but got my second choice.

I wanted Frozen Portimao but as per Bmw system, the frozen colors are not available even though configuration sheet shows it.

Here is my configuration

2022 M3 MxDrive
Tanzanite Blue Metallic
19"/20" M Forged Wheels Double-Spoke 826M, Bicolour Black, Perf Non-RFT
Kyalami Orange/Black Full Merino Leather
Carbon Fibre Trim
Ultimate pkg
Advanced Driver Assistance
M Compound Brakes, Red High Gloss
      06-15-2021, 07:19 PM   #21
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Update:

Just got off phone with my dealer. Order is submitted and have a production number but could not get the color wanted but got my second choice.

I wanted Frozen Portimao but as per Bmw system, the frozen colors are not available even though configuration sheet shows it.

Here is my configuration

2022 M3 MxDrive
Tanzanite Blue Metallic
19"/20" M Forged Wheels Double-Spoke 826M, Bicolour Black, Perf Non-RFT
Kyalami Orange/Black Full Merino Leather
Carbon Fibre Trim
Ultimate pkg
Advanced Driver Assistance
M Compound Brakes, Red High Gloss
Nice. I have the same colour but the rest of the build is not as daring since the car is mosting for my wife.

2022 M3 MxDrive
Tanzanite Blue Metallic
19"/20" M Forged Wheels Double-Spoke 825M, Bicolour Black, Perf Non-RFT
Black Extended Merino Leather
Carbon Fibre Trim
Premium pkg
Individual Shadowline Headlights

Confirmed August build.
Appreciate 2
evilalien447.50
ct335i119.50
      06-15-2021, 07:32 PM   #22
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
Nice. I have the same colour but the rest of the build is not as daring since the car is mosting for my wife.

2022 M3 MxDrive
Tanzanite Blue Metallic
19"/20" M Forged Wheels Double-Spoke 825M, Bicolour Black, Perf Non-RFT
Black Extended Merino Leather
Carbon Fibre Trim
Premium pkg
Individual Shadowline Headlights

Confirmed August build.
Nice!

My build, pending more rollercoaster on paint with an unknown production date but delivery by EOY (I could have had a July spot with Portimao):

2022 M3 MxDrive
Individual Santorini Blue
19"/20" M Forged Wheels Double-Spoke 826M, Black, Perf Non-RFT
Fjord Blue/Black Full Merino Leather
Carbon Fibre Trim
Ultimate pkg with ventilated seats (not carbon buckets)

I'm going to go ask my wife if she'll buy mine for me, BRB...
Appreciate 2
LSP72.00