BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-22-2021, 05:49 AM   #837
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Does anyone know how to have the same profile in both keys? My fiancé will likely never drive the car, and even when I try selecting my profile and putting in my PIN with the second key, it doesn't seem to take properly. The #1 seat position setting is still different on each key for instance.

How do I associate both keys with my one profile?

Edit: Meanwhile I've just disabled profile linking to keys. I still have to select my profile every time I get into the car, so not sure if there's a faster workaround.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 11:01 AM   #838
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Gonna take this on a tangent to the AC point. I immediately noticed too, like earlier posts, we don't have an easily accessible A/C on/off button. When I asked my Genius about it he said that BMW is now recommending the A/C stay on all the time. Windows open, etc., doesn't matter. He said the car uses the cold air flow to help with the engine cooling, and under heady load/draw it automatically shuts it off.

I thought that cooling part was counterintuitive since for the longest time, running the A/C leads to overheating. But maybe the system has been evolved. Can anybody else check with their Genius or know that in these generations this is the manufacturers recommended setting?
Interesting. Although I know I could bump the temperature up to 70 or so, there are times where I just want regular outside air. I'm going with my friend for his X3M PCD in a month. I'll ask the people there and see what they have to say about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 12:48 PM   #839
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Interesting. Although I know I could bump the temperature up to 70 or so, there are times where I just want regular outside air. I'm going with my friend for his X3M PCD in a month. I'll ask the people there and see what they have to say about it.
System is like that in my C7. Basically, you turn the fan all the way off to turn the A/C off. It will raise or lower the temp if you use IDrive and say "I'm cold/hot" which is interesting. As to running the A/C all of the time for engine "cooling," it does run the fans much more if the A/C is on. Maybe that's what they're getting at. But the reason is A/C makes for a hotter engine in the first place. Will be interested in what you hear.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 06:28 PM   #840
m.dreamin
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

Came to this thread after searching Google on how to enable the Sports Heads Up Display in "Road" mode. This long thread was great to read but it's apparent that the more useful Sports HUD is not available in M1/M2 buttons, but is only available with the M Mode button.

This is a huge let down. Practically the only thing I wanted from the Executive Package was the HUD. I loved my F82's sporty HUD, configurable by the M buttons.

Two questions for you all: first is that I've read that iDrive can be programmed/coded. I'm a software developer by day, so I'd love to explore this option. Does anyone know if something like programming/coding the Sport HUD into Road mode is even possible?

Secondly, does anyone know if/how customers can make feature requests to BMW Corporate? Given the HUD is already installed and theoretically just needs a software patch to become available without switching to M Mode, it seems like a software upgrade request that would be feasible. But maybe that's naive wishful thinking.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 06:58 PM   #841
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
How is low end torque on the m3 comp? Have been seeing mixed reviews on this so would love to hear everyone’s opinion! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:09 PM   #842
warcity
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_travers View Post
Came to this thread after searching Google on how to enable the Sports Heads Up Display in "Road" mode. This long thread was great to read but it's apparent that the more useful Sports HUD is not available in M1/M2 buttons, but is only available with the M Mode button.

This is a huge let down. Practically the only thing I wanted from the Executive Package was the HUD. I loved my F82's sporty HUD, configurable by the M buttons.

Two questions for you all: first is that I've read that iDrive can be programmed/coded. I'm a software developer by day, so I'd love to explore this option. Does anyone know if something like programming/coding the Sport HUD into Road mode is even possible?

Secondly, does anyone know if/how customers can make feature requests to BMW Corporate? Given the HUD is already installed and theoretically just needs a software patch to become available without switching to M Mode, it seems like a software upgrade request that would be feasible. But maybe that's naive wishful thinking.
Quote:

Impossible to do this from what I have read so far. You can't even have sports mode display in road mode on the regular display let alone HUD. BimmerCode doesn't have this option yet either. Agreed it's a let down.

In terms of making recommendations, you can call BMW Corp and put this forward as a reco. I've done this before with other cars.
m.dreamin1610.00
      09-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #843
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmin View Post
How is low end torque on the m3 comp? Have been seeing mixed reviews on this so would love to hear everyone’s opinion! Thanks
Missing below 2500 RPM or so, and then the surge of linear power carries through to redline. Very different feel than the F8X. I like it, but some won't. But I'm not a stoplight, 0-to-60 kind of a driver. Very rarely am I trying for the "best 0 to 60" time, or racing someone from a standstill. Just not my thing.

If 0 to 60 is an important part of your car ownership experience, simply get the AWD model and master launch control.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #844
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Parking question?

Does the G8X with parking assistant with 360 view have a front camera?

Does the front camera by chance activate when pulling into a parking spot?

My 911 has 360 view cameras. And when I pull into a parking spot, the computer activates the front camera which shows my lip and a red bar marking on the main screen so that I know how far to pull in without smacking my lip. Its basically the rear camera view, but on the FRONT camera when pulling into a parking spot. I love this feature.
      09-07-2021, 02:39 PM   #845
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Does the G8X with parking assistant with 360 view have a front camera?

Does the front camera by chance activate when pulling into a parking spot?

My 911 has 360 view cameras. And when I pull into a parking spot, the computer activates the front camera which shows my lip and a red bar marking on the main screen so that I know how far to pull in without smacking my lip. Its basically the rear camera view, but on the FRONT camera when pulling into a parking spot. I love this feature.
Yes when I go into the garage it shows the front camera so it helps not to hit stuff and when you get close to the wall it shows the top down camera from the front so you don't hit the wall.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #846
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
Yes when I go into the garage it shows the front camera so it helps not to hit stuff and when you get close to the wall it shows the top down camera from the front so you don't hit the wall.
Excellent! Thank you sir!
      09-07-2021, 04:58 PM   #847
m.dreamin
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcity View Post
In terms of making recommendations, you can call BMW Corp and put this forward as a reco. I've done this before with other cars.
Gotcha. Just called them to make the request. I think I'll start a thread devoted to this. Maybe we can all campaign BMW Corp to get the feature request as an over the air software upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 07:34 PM   #848
warcity
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by warcity View Post
Gotcha. Just called them to make the request. I think I'll start a thread devoted to this. Maybe we can all campaign BMW Corp to get the feature request as an over the air software upgrade.
Count me in.
m.dreamin1610.00
      09-08-2021, 07:00 AM   #849
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Can anyone with a G82 confirm if you're able to fit a golf bag(cart bag) in the trunk without folding the rear seatbacks?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 08:36 AM   #850
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Can anyone with a G82 confirm if you're able to fit a golf bag(cart bag) in the trunk without folding the rear seatbacks?
yep two cart bags even fit fine sitting diagonally on top of each other.. no real need to take the driver out if you can position the club head cover in the cubbies on the side
      09-08-2021, 09:22 AM   #851
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
yep two cart bags even fit fine sitting diagonally on top of each other.. no real need to take the driver out if you can position the club head cover in the cubbies on the side
Great! Thanks for confirming.
I’d hate to stretch the crap out of those nets around the cubbies, though.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 10:57 AM   #852
CMW33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

I am sure this has been answered but the thread search function turns up no hits for CarPlay. How is CarPlay integration/functionality generally? I use Waze and Amazon Music pretty consistently and I know CarPlay has been glitchy in previous iDrive versions. By "glitchy" I mean randomly crashing the infotainment system, inexplicably being unable to find my phone and project CarPlay, and depressing the music volume...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #853
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
I am sure this has been answered but the thread search function turns up no hits for CarPlay. How is CarPlay integration/functionality generally? I use Waze and Amazon Music pretty consistently and I know CarPlay has been glitchy in previous iDrive versions. By "glitchy" I mean randomly crashing the infotainment system, inexplicably being unable to find my phone and project CarPlay, and depressing the music volume...
Works well for me. Only issue is if your phone is wirelessly charging (especially in the armrest for 6MT), while using carplay it will get very warm. Once it's hot enough, carplay will disconnect. Solution is to not charge the phone with the wireless charging if you want carplay.
Appreciate 1
CMW33312.00
      09-09-2021, 12:49 PM   #854
warcity
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post
Quote:
Works well for me. Only issue is if your phone is wirelessly charging (especially in the armrest for 6MT), while using carplay it will get very warm. Once it's hot enough, carplay will disconnect. Solution is to not charge the phone with the wireless charging if you want carplay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post
Quote:
Agree with the point above. I charge it for 30 mins and then take it out. Horrible place to have a wireless charger for the MT but I'm sure there is a good reason for it.

But otherwise wayze and Spotify work perfectly with CP.
CMW33312.00
      09-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #855
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Those who got driving assistant professional - how noticeable is the notch in the grill in person? Does anyone regret getting it?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 04:10 PM   #856
CMW33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

Could someone comment on OEM brake pedal feel? I prefer a really firm pedal that's almost grabby, but with most cars I've had, even performance ones, the pedal is mush and then stone hard, at least with stock fluid.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 04:24 PM   #857
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Can someone post a M3/4 Xdrive Alignment sheet ?

thx
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 05:12 AM   #858
TheRas900
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

How does the steering and clutch weight feel in these cars compared to the prior generation 340i or M240i?
Appreciate 0