BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-20-2022, 11:25 PM   #1
Vico726
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Questions for unknown fees

Hi guys, I have some questions with my order final price. Anyone knows Options and Pre delivery service fee? Thank you!

Here is my build

2023 M4 Competition Xdrive
Brooklyn Grey
Kyalami Orange
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Parking Assistance Package
Executive Package
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline Lights
BMW M 50 Years Emblems
M Carbon Bucket Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
M Carbon Exterior Package
M Double-spoke lack Wheels Style 826M
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 11:40 PM   #2
apexes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico726 View Post
Hi guys, I have some questions with my order final price. Anyone knows Options and Pre delivery service fee? Thank you!

Here is my build

2023 M4 Competition Xdrive
Brooklyn Grey
Kyalami Orange
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Parking Assistance Package
Executive Package
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline Lights
BMW M 50 Years Emblems
M Carbon Bucket Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
M Carbon Exterior Package
M Double-spoke lack Wheels Style 826M
Looks like the "options" are broken out in the right column...something called Stargard, a quick google search and it looks like those are paint and interior protection packages.

Not sure what the predelivery fee is but probably best to ask your dealer. You can always see if they can be negotiated but depending on the dealer they may not budge if they have a waitlist of people they could sell it to.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 12:26 AM   #3
disancke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32; 2023 G82 XDrive

Since you ordered it at msrp, just think of these two as a 2k markup…dealers charge you extra fees for whatever reasons and if you are super curious, do ask them they will give you a seemingly justified cause. But who cares
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13477.50
      10-21-2022, 01:08 AM   #4
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Pre Delivery Service fee is a bullshit fee that the dealer charges you to prep the car, for sale, in which BMW, already pays the dealer for the PDI inspection. Included in this would be anything else prepping the car for delivery, like a detail.

The second is another bullshit add on. In the car industry, it's called mop and glo. Some trash paint protection, and interior protection, that people spend thousands of dollars on, and never use. Both of these are just pure profit for the dealer.

Appreciate 1
      10-21-2022, 06:03 PM   #5
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico726 View Post
Anyone knows Options and Pre delivery service fee?
You can assume it as a dealer markup as most products included in the addons are not worthy for the price.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 06:07 PM   #6
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by disancke View Post
Since you ordered it at msrp, just think of these two as a 2k markup…dealers charge you extra fees for whatever reasons and if you are super curious, do ask them they will give you a seemingly justified cause. But who cares
Or just do a PCD delivery and they can't add that stuff on
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 06:11 PM   #7
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
If the dealer is including it in the PO, it shouldn't really matter where OP takes delivery. PCD team just delivers the vehicle and do not process any paperwork.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 06:22 PM   #8
robopp
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Quote:
If the dealer is including it in the PO, it shouldn't really matter where OP takes delivery. PCD team just delivers the vehicle and do not process any paperwork.
The dealership never even sees the car with PCD so they can't add on those extra services.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 07:00 PM   #9
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The dealership never even sees the car with PCD so they can't add on those extra services.
One is a service fee and other one looks like a protection plan. I dont think any of those need any installation at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 07:46 PM   #10
disancke
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You naively thought the dealers are actually charging you for whatever services or add-on They are charging you for nothing but pure profits. If they can't charge you for a physical product because you do PCD, they will just charge you another whatever fee with the same value. This is finalized after you negotiate the deal and you can't escape from that just by not picking it up at dealer. Dealerships are not easy to be fooled.

Add a story: I was ordering thru a local dealer which charged mandatorily ~$2.5k for a maintenance plan and add-on, but then I found a better deal so I cancelled this order. A month later I was dropping by so I said hi to the SA at that dealership. He told me it was nice that I found another better deal since now they are charging $5k for the same plan and add-on. These charges are just another name for MARKUP. Dealers expect you to know that.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2022, 07:48 PM   #11
robopp
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
You naively thought the dealers are actually charging you for whatever services or add-on They are charging you for nothing but pure profits. If they can't charge you for a physical product because you do PCD, they will just charge you another whatever fee with the same value. This is finalized after you negotiate the deal and you can't escape from that just by not picking it up at dealer. Dealerships are not easy to be fooled.

Add a story: I was ordering thru a local dealer which charged mandatorily ~$2.5k for a maintenance plan and add-on, but then I found a better deal so I cancelled this order. A month later I was dropping by so I said hi to the SA at that dealership. He told me it was nice that I found another better deal since now they are charging $5k for the same plan and add-on. These charges are just another name for MARKUP. Dealers expect you to know that.
Sounds like you need to find another dealer. I have two that will do PCD and charge MSRP for a standard or individual M3
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 08:10 PM   #12
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Stargard is a vehicle recovery system similar to Lojack. Of course completely superflous now. It likely is dealer installed but as someone said they would find some way to stiff you with something else regardless.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 09:03 PM   #13
disancke
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like you need to find another dealer. I have two that will do PCD and charge MSRP for a standard or individual M3
Why do I need to find another dealer? I'm doing PCD and paying MSRP with easy discounts and very low dealer fees. There are nice dealers but I was talking about the asshole dealers like the one that OP dealt with.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 10:30 PM   #14
robopp
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Why do I need to find another dealer? I'm doing PCD and paying MSRP with easy discounts and very low dealer fees. There are nice dealers but I was talking about the asshole dealers like the one that OP dealt with.
Ah, my apologies. Was, unknowingly, reiterating your point that there's no need for adm or unnecessary addons when buying a M3/4. Plenty of MSRP dealers out there.

Hell, I have a Porsche MSRP dealer with very small waitlists.
Appreciate 1
disancke142.00