BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-20-2022, 07:56 PM   #1
brandobot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M

Changed my order at least 6 times. Am I the only one?

I’ve put in my order in May and have made numerous changes. What I found was the BMW configurator does not do a good job reflecting what the real world colors look like.

Went from all black wheels to bi-color, changed from BSM to Alpine White. Added carbon buckets, went from the tartufo interior to silverstone, and now to black.

I’ve never been so indecisive with any car configuration in my life. Ended up alpine white with black carbon buckets, which is probably the most basic config you can get.

Car is now in 111 status and I’m just hoping it goes in production so I can stop looking at color palettes and have the build finalized.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13476.00
maelfyn156.50
      10-20-2022, 08:05 PM   #2
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandobot View Post
I’ve put in my order in May and have made numerous changes. What I found was the BMW configurator does not do a good job reflecting what the real world colors look like.

Went from all black wheels to bi-color, changed from BSM to Alpine White. Added carbon buckets, went from the tartufo interior to silverstone, and now to black.

I’ve never been so indecisive with any car configuration in my life. Ended up alpine white with black carbon buckets, which is probably the most basic config you can get.

Car is now in 111 status and I’m just hoping it goes in production so I can stop looking at color palettes and have the build finalized.
Literally the only thing I changed was going from Bi-color 825M to Orbit Gray 825M. Same reason as you - I didn't have a full grasp of the appearance based on the visualization. Otherwise, I've never had a second thought since the first time I configured one back in April.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 08:22 PM   #3
geighty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS

I went from Brooklyn Grey to Skyscraper Grey.

Went from black 826m to bi-color 826m

Added Shadowline Lights

Added Carbon Buckets, then removed, then added Carbon Exterior Package.

Never got a complaint from my SA.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13476.00
      10-20-2022, 08:47 PM   #4
IcebergM4
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandobot View Post

I too went from BSM to Alpine White (glad I did), also from Silverstone carbon buckets to Fiona Red full, from 825M bi-color to 826M bi-color and from 6MT to auto. I've been back and forth with the exterior carbon package four times, but I think aftermarket will be a better choice for much less.

Last edited by IcebergM4; 10-21-2022 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 08:49 PM   #5
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
I looked up ever color I was interested in on Google images to get real world pics. That helped a lot.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2022, 09:19 PM   #6
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Hahahaha!!! I’d tell you to seek help, but it didn’t work for me!! Don’t worry it’ll pass once your car goes into production and you cant make anymore changes. Then you’ll just sit and wonder if you made the right choice in the end!! Enjoy the ride!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 09:35 PM   #7
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
When I saw the launch cars, I immediately wanted IOMG/ KO. When I sat down the next day to order the car, it was BG/KO. On the way home from ordering my car. I stopped at a dealership that was closer to my house. I saw Dravit in person, in the sun, on an X5. I called and changed to Dravit, and hour after I left the dealer. I got home and started watching videos online, and ran across a IOMG/ KO car where the guy was complaining about blue jean transfer on the KO seats. I called the next day, and Changed to Black. Ivory, Tartufo, Fjord and Fiona, weren't listed as options when I ordered. Looking back at it, I would have gone with Dravit/ Ivory.

This was my video that sold me on getting Dravit.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 09:40 PM   #8
BimmerNC413
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7, 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
2022 BMW x7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G80PJ View Post

Added Shadowline Lights

I also went from BG to Skyscraper. At first, I thought I loved BG. Then I started seeing it around town on a few X3s and 1 M3. The more I saw it in person, the less I liked it. Haven't seen Skyscraper in person, but went with Fiona interior, so figured I'd tone down the exterior.

To each their own. At the end of the day, each M3 is still an amazing car regardless of color selections - except Yas JK, but not really.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 09:43 PM   #9
Krisp97
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Cx

Garage List
Originally ordered Portimao Blue with full Silverstone interior. Switched to black full leather interior, then switched back to Silverstone. CA chose extended by mistake so had to have him switch to the full interior.

Changed my mind and went for Skyscraper Grey for a hot second. Switched back to Portimao.

Got a wild hair and switched it all to Alpine White / Fjord blue full interior / blue brakes as my final build.

You’re not alone
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      10-20-2022, 10:13 PM   #10
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Xdrive

I did a lot of this. The only things that I was no 100% certain about was color and carbon ceramic brakes. I started with Brooklyn then went to Dravit then to Frozen Dark Grey then Frozen White… Car is almost here and ultimately I decided on Dravit and I did get the CCB's as well. I think the only box I didn't check was the wireless charger due to multiple complaints in different threads here on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 10:42 PM   #11
geighty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNC413 View Post
Quote:

Added Shadowline Lights

I also went from BG to Skyscraper. At first, I thought I loved BG. Then I started seeing it around town on a few X3s and 1 M3. The more I saw it in person, the less I liked it. Haven't seen Skyscraper in person, but went with Fiona interior, so figured I'd tone down the exterior.

To each their own. At the end of the day, each M3 is still an amazing car regardless of color selections - except Yas JK, but not really.
I've seen Skyscraper in person. Dark grey under a overcast. Light blue/silver in the sun. I think it's an awesome color.
      10-21-2022, 01:53 AM   #12
435toM3
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435

Quote:

Added Shadowline Lights

Same color combo build ! I actually got my first delivery in this color combo and now the 2nd one as well! I can assure you it will look dope
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 07:11 AM   #13
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Beware - https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1955604.

I slept over the configurations for more than 6 months and made all those changes in my mind before submitting it to my CA.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 10:04 PM   #14
maelfyn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

I have spent a ton of time messing with the build on the configurator. It has taken me a ton of restraint from repeatedly updating with my SA. I've only put in two official orders so far. I am doing my best to prevent making any more changes. I went a bit conservative with my choices because I didn't want to make a risky option choice that I ended up regretting like crazy seat colors. That's why I ended up choosing simple black sport seats. I did end up falling in love with Isle of Man green, so that was adventurous enough for me. Pulling the trigger on the M Carbon Exterior Package was a big decision for me. It's pricey, but I think the M3 looks fantastic with all of the carbon fiber options and it sets it apart quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 10:37 PM   #15
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC M3C X View Post
I did a lot of this. The only things that I was no 100% certain about was color and carbon ceramic brakes. I started with Brooklyn then went to Dravit then to Frozen Dark Grey then Frozen White… Car is almost here and ultimately I decided on Dravit and I did get the CCB's as well. I think the only box I didn't check was the wireless charger due to multiple complaints in different threads here on the forum.
I guess I should clarify. All of my flip flopping was on the configurator. Once I actually received my allocation I have not changed anything.
Appreciate 0