BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-18-2022, 03:14 PM   #1
BTC Maxi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Remote start / Drive Recorded

I was wondering if it would be possible to purchase Remote start and drive recorded after taking delivery ? I didn't option the executive package and remember reading somewhere that both those options can be purchased through the MyBmw app. If so does remote start then work with the key?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 03:21 PM   #2
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 Comp XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTC Maxi View Post
I was wondering if it would be possible to purchase Remote start and drive recorded after taking delivery ? I didn't option the executive package and remember reading somewhere that both those options can be purchased through the MyBmw app. If so does remote start then work with the key?
You can purchase both after delivery. Drive Recorder might be more expensive after the purchase by $25 (I purchased this for my Wife's BMW SUV afterwards and noticed a slight difference).

As far as starting the car, you can definitely do it on the BMW App, but you would have to have the dealership program the key for remote start to work (I believe).
Appreciate 1
BTC Maxi416.00
      10-18-2022, 05:04 PM   #3
MMnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmalho2 View Post
You can purchase both after delivery. Drive Recorder might be more expensive after the purchase by $25 (I purchased this for my Wife's BMW SUV afterwards and noticed a slight difference).

As far as starting the car, you can definitely do it on the BMW App, but you would have to have the dealership program the key for remote start to work (I believe).
No dealer required. Just buy it from BMW Store then your car will have the patch update. After doing the update, just go to car menu to turn on the option and you're all set.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 05:07 PM   #4
1BAD4DR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 23 G80

For my23 the option to buy remote start in connected store is not there yet. I check daily.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 06:27 PM   #5
vmalho2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 Comp XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMnut View Post
No dealer required. Just buy it from BMW Store then your car will have the patch update. After doing the update, just go to car menu to turn on the option and you're all set.
Perfect even better
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 07:23 PM   #6
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Remote start may be able to add after the fact, but if you don't have the Parking Assistance Package, you will not be able to add the Drive Recorder - it wont have the cameras.
Appreciate 3
vmalho2703.50
BTC Maxi416.00