BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-15-2022, 10:57 AM   #45
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
I'm pretty sure CCBs are more like $20K, plus install of course. A little less sexy at that price point.
I know on the f80 you could get the kit from BMW.

This price has gone up but doesn't appear super intensive.

Not sure if this will work on the G80s or if bmw will launch a similar kit.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...e-retrofit-kit

https://youtu.be/-7E1ty3DWLQ
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 01:19 PM   #46
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
For those who pay close attention to your credit report, like me, you will see that a credit hit, from a dealership inquiry, is worth 2-3 points, at best, and reverts after a month or two.

There is no significant 20 point drop, where its like missing a payment. If you're already an 800 or an 840, there isn't anything that a credit inquiry is going to do to your credit, for it to matter.

The most you need to get a Tier 1 rate, would be 740-750. And if you're under that, and close to their minimum, and you have a good finance guy, he is in with all of the banks, and deals with them dozens of times, a week, and he can call and request a tier bump.

On the CCB comment, BMW Parts Pros, lists the CCB upgrade kit, for $22,000. I paid $8,150 for it, when I ordered my car. I will tell you, for you guys, that pay cash for everything, and penny pinch your asses off, over rate of return, you will lose your minds, over this, never buy CCBs, they aren't worth anything on a trade in.

The only saving grace, for CCBs is, I'm already seeing people replacing the rear pads, at 12-14,000 miles. If you need rotors, like 2 of the 5 people that i know, that have already replaced the rear pads, that's going to cost you in the neighborhood of $1800-$2,000 just for the rear rotors and pads. If you need to replace them, 2-3 times in 100k miles, the CCBs pay for themselves.

Check my trade in sheet I had done at my buddys dealer. CCBs on a trade, on the average, are worth $106.00 to KBB. The Executive Package has about the best rate of return.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-15-2022, 02:15 PM   #47
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

I think you're right. I checked my score before they ran it, and checked again just now and it looks like it only dropped by 3 points. Prob not a big deal in the long run, so it is what it is.
      10-15-2022, 02:25 PM   #48
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
For those who pay close attention to your credit report, like me, you will see that a credit hit, from a dealership inquiry, is worth 2-3 points, at best, and reverts after a month or two.

There is no significant 20 point drop, where its like missing a payment. If you're already an 800 or an 840, there isn't anything that a credit inquiry is going to do to your credit, for it to matter.

The most you need to get a Tier 1 rate, would be 740-750. And if you're under that, and close to their minimum, and you have a good finance guy, he is in with all of the banks, and deals with them dozens of times, a week, and he can call and request a tier bump.

On the CCB comment, BMW Parts Pros, lists the CCB upgrade kit, for $22,000. I paid $8,150 for it, when I ordered my car. I will tell you, for you guys, that pay cash for everything, and penny pinch your asses off, over rate of return, you will lose your minds, over this, never buy CCBs, they aren't worth anything on a trade in.

The only saving grace, for CCBs is, I'm already seeing people replacing the rear pads, at 12-14,000 miles. If you need rotors, like 2 of the 5 people that i know, that have already replaced the rear pads, that's going to cost you in the neighborhood of $1800-$2,000 just for the rear rotors and pads. If you need to replace them, 2-3 times in 100k miles, the CCBs pay for themselves.

Check my trade in sheet I had done at my buddys dealer. CCBs on a trade, on the average, are worth $106.00 to KBB. The Executive Package has about the best rate of return.

Probably true but those auction prices are crazy and probably not realistic in regular times.

I agree CCBs are a money dump if it's a short term deal but I plan on leasing and it's only 100-130 dollars extra which over the course of 3 years is less time I'm going to spend cleaning the rims or extra costs associated with deep rim cleaning.

However, I fully agree when it's time to sell some folks will see CCBs and pass but same token you can always just downgrade to steel costs.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 02:29 PM   #49
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Probably true but those auction prices are crazy and probably not realistic in regular times.

I agree CCBs are a money dump if it's a short term deal but I plan on leasing and it's only 100-130 dollars extra which over the course of 3 years is less time I'm going to spend cleaning the rims or extra costs associated with deep rim cleaning.

However, I fully agree when it's time to sell some folks will see CCBs and pass but same token you can always just downgrade to steel costs.
100% worth it on a lease, especially since you can residualize the cost into the lease.

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 02:30 PM   #50
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
100% worth it on a lease, especially since you can residualize the cost into the lease.
Got to scam where you can
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13476.00
      10-15-2022, 02:31 PM   #51
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Got to scam where you can
Agreed

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 03:09 PM   #52
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

That report was from first week in July. The market has cooled significantly since then and will continue to cool off with rates continuing to push higher and allocations becoming more available. My .02.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2022, 05:27 PM   #53
xXMPowerXx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ford, Lexi, Lambo's

A Mercedes dealer tried to run my credit when I was paying cash for a car for like $29k.

I obliged. And here is my social security number if anyone wants to buy a car on me. Get ready….

Wait for it…..

123-45-6789

You’re welcome.

The lessons learned:

A: Benzo’s suck. That’s why they are worth garbage used

B: Don’t buy a benzo
Appreciate 0