BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-12-2022, 10:46 AM   #1
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Cx

Garage List
Car is almost here. Couple Questions. Ext. Warr & Maint?

Hey All,

So my car is almost here after months of waiting. It should arrive at the Galveston Port tomorrow (10/13) off the Horizon Highway. Genius said the car should make it to my Fort Worth dealer within 1-2 weeks.

I was also told I am NOT affected by the Stop Sale. Woohoo.

I am so freakin' excited.

As it finally feels real. I had a couple of questions before taking delivery.

1. Anything I should be on the look-out for at delivery. I know someone said something about the suspension and shipping.

2. I know I will get the IDme $1500 discount. But has anyone had any incentive in these time to finance VS pay cash (my plan). Doubt it, but figured I would ask.
Plan to get All Weather Mats, whether they throw in, or I buy.

3. I know most lease these. But for those that own and keep longer term have the warranties/maintenance plans been beneficial for a 6~ year car? Especially an M car. I know that this is highly subjective.

I only ask as this is first M and all my other vehicles I did get extended maintenance/warranty as I got for cost. So no brainer for extra peace of mind.

It seems the powertrain in these have proven to be pretty reliable. It is all the tech that worries me, and the typical "BMW" "M Car" out of warranty expense. I know you pay to play.

I was quoted the following which seems high. May just be better to pay as I go and skip these?

60 months/75k miles $3750
60 months/100k miles $4200

72 months/75k miles $4550
72 months/100k miles $5150

84 months/75k miles $5300
84 months/100k miles $6450

Maintenance includes the brakes
48 months/50k miles $1849
60 months/75k miles $3149
72 months/100k miles $4699
84 months/125k miles $6099

Thoughts?

4. Tire & Wheel Warranty - I think this is only one you cannot buy after sale. Roughly what are people paying for this? And is it worth it? Does it cover just OEM Star tires? Or tires have to be done at dealership?

5. Original plan was to wrap the whole car vs just front, and roof, in PPF, then ceramic. Overkill?

Appreciate all the help and solid advice I have gotten from many of you on here!! Cannot wait to get the car and share some pictures!
geim9000240.00
      10-12-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
wjkalana
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340 and X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnrox250 View Post
Hey All,

So my car is almost here after months of waiting. It should arrive at the Galveston Port tomorrow (10/13) off the Horizon Highway. Genius said the car should make it to my Fort Worth dealer within 1-2 weeks.

1. Anything I should be on the look-out for at delivery. I know someone said something about the suspension and shipping.

2. I know I will get the IDme $1500 discount. But has anyone had any incentive in these time to finance VS pay cash (my plan). Doubt it, but figured I would ask.

3. I know most lease these. But for those that own and keep longer term have the warranties/maintenance plans been beneficial for a 6~ year car? Especially an M car. I know that this is highly subjective.

I only ask as this is first M and all my other vehicles I did get extended maintenance/warranty as I got for cost. So no brainer for extra peace of mind.

It seems the powertrain in these have proven to be pretty reliable. It is all the tech that worries me, and the typical "BMW" "M Car" out of warranty expense. I know you pay to play.

I was quoted the following which seems high. May just be better to pay as I go and skip these?

Thoughts?

4. Tire & Wheel Warranty - I think this is only one you cannot buy after sale. Roughly what are people paying for this? And is it worth it? Does it cover just OEM Star tires? Or tires have to be done at dealership?

5. Original plan was to wrap the whole car vs just front, and roof, in PPF, then ceramic. Overkill?

Appreciate all the help and solid advice I have gotten from many of you on here!! Cannot wait to get the car and share some pictures!
What is IDME discount?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 11:35 AM   #3
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjkalana View Post
What is IDME discount?
Military Discount. But cannot be used with BMW FS.
https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...incentive.html
      10-12-2022, 03:51 PM   #4
UpstateM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
I was told that this did not apply to the M3 for some reason. Is that true?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 03:58 PM   #5
tharkins10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7, M3, Jeep Gladiator

Following as I had same questions.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 04:00 PM   #6
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonChad View Post
Quote:
I was told that this did not apply to the M3 for some reason. Is that true?
They removed it from the website for the 2023 when the model year changed but I've been told by my CA that it's still available to be done and I think it's back on the website now
      10-12-2022, 04:14 PM   #7
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

1. Make sure that your dealer removes suspension pucks which are installed for transportation. I always ask my dealer not to wash the vehicle unless its hand washed.

2. If you own a BMW in the household, you will get loyalty discount for financing through BMW. Current incentives - https://www.bramanbmw.com/incentives/md36/

3&4. Dealers are known to inflate warranty and maintenance plans. You can shop around and add them later if needed.

5. If you are planning to own the vehicle for a while, i would recommend full front ppf and it should be worth the money.
Appreciate 5
      10-12-2022, 04:22 PM   #8
catalleres
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
5. If you are planning to own the vehicle for a while, i would recommend full front ppf and it should be worth the money.
When folks say "full front". Which parts of the car does this cover, and am I in the ballpark that the cost to do this at a reputable shop is ~3k?

I also wonder whether it's advisable to do partial PPF on a car with "frozen" color without it being too noticeable.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 04:24 PM   #9
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalleres View Post
Quote:
When folks say "full front". Which parts of the car does this cover, and am I in the ballpark that the cost to do this at a reputable shop is ~3k?

I also wonder whether it's advisable to do partial PPF on a car with "frozen" color without it being too noticeable.
Full front at my shop is full hood, fenders, bumper, headlights and mirror caps.

I'd do xpel stealth on frozen paint and if it's a good shop you should never notice a difference.
      10-12-2022, 04:31 PM   #10
How1tz3r
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
1. Make sure that your dealer removes suspension pucks which are installed for transportation. I always ask my dealer not to wash the vehicle unless its hand washed.

2. If you own a BMW in the household, you will get loyalty discount for financing through BMW. Current incentives - https://www.bramanbmw.com/incentives/md36/

3&4. Dealers are known to inflate warranty and maintenance plans. You can shop around and add them later if needed.

If you do PCD, do you still need to make sure to go back to the dealer later to remove suspension pucks?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 04:39 PM   #11
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalleres View Post
It generally means hood, bumper, fender, mirror and front lights. $3k for this seems to be on the higher side.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2022, 04:40 PM   #12
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by How1tz3r View Post
If you do PCD, do you still need to make sure to go back to the dealer later to remove suspension pucks?
PCD is one place I would trust and I don't think you have to worry about it.
Appreciate 2
      10-12-2022, 04:49 PM   #13
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

1. Perfect! I'll have to find the post on here that shows what I'm looking for. I vaguely remember it. Ya I don't plan on them washing it. Don't need the extra swirls.

2. I do not. So nothing for me there. Only IDme/military. Which hey, it's better than nothing. Hoping I can get them to throw in all weather mats. Probably won't.

3. The numbers I got are from a reputable store. I just still think $12k is high, assuming I did the longest coverages. Wasn't sure if anyone else has a better connection/experience. Just have the worry of a BMW outside of warranty and repairs getting crazy- which if no warranty and tons of issues, the car would go bye bye. But they seem to be more solid from what I'm hearing? Or hoping. Lol.

4. I plan to do full front PPF, plus carbon roof and rear fenders - around the hips at a MINIMUM. But was thinking go full car ppf, ceramic, wheels coated, leather coated and EXOshield on windshield. Looking around $7.5k.
      10-12-2022, 06:00 PM   #14
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll have to find the post on here that shows what I'm looking for. I vaguely remember it.
Here you go.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1878077
Appreciate 2
      10-12-2022, 06:02 PM   #15
UpstateM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They removed it from the website for the 2023 when the model year changed but I've been told by my CA that it's still available to be done and I think it's back on the website now
If you find it, please let me know. My dealer said it doesn’t apply to the M3 so I’d love to determine otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 06:23 PM   #16
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
If you find it, please let me know. My dealer said it doesn't apply to the M3 so I'd love to determine otherwise.
Will do, I'm on the website and don't see any M cars, but my CA assures me I'll get it. So that will be an interesting conversation.
      10-12-2022, 06:44 PM   #17
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Hey All,

Thoughts?

Im in the same boat. Just doing the front PPF and mirrors. I was looking at extended warranties but if i remember correctly the “extended warranties” doesnt cover bumper to bumper warranty anymore. Its just oil changes and wipers. The brakes are covered if u pay more. So in the big picture, it really doesnt pay to buy these nowadays. I might be wrong so make sure you ask ur CA the details.

Last edited by Aalfred; 10-12-2022 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 07:36 PM   #18
UpstateM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Will do, I'm on the website and don't see any M cars, but my CA assures me I'll get it. So that will be an interesting conversation.
I hope you get it. I was set a photo of the website showing that pretty much the only model omitted from the $2k incentive is the “BMW 3 Series + M”. It makes no sense.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 07:48 PM   #19
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
I was looking at extended warranties but if i remember correctly the "extended warranties" doesnt cover bumper to bumper warranty anymore. Its just oil changes and wipers. The brakes are covered if u pay more. So in the big picture, it really doesnt pay to buy these nowadays. I might be wrong so make sure you ask ur CA the details.
BMW offer extended warranty plans and level of covered components depends on the plan you choose. Its different from the extended maintenance plans.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2022, 07:52 PM   #20
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The numbers I got are from a reputable store. I just still think $12k is high, assuming I did the longest coverages. Wasn't sure if anyone else has a better connection/experience. Just have the worry of a BMW outside of warranty and repairs getting crazy- which if no warranty and tons of issues, the car would go bye bye. But they seem to be more solid from what I'm hearing? Or hoping. Lol.
You can also reach out to the forum sponsor for extended BMW warranty and maintenance plans.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1676787
Appreciate 2
      10-12-2022, 07:54 PM   #21
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I hope you get it. I was set a photo of the website showing that pretty much the only model omitted from the $2k incentive is the “BMW 3 Series + M”. It makes no sense.
I hope so too! I'll keep you advised. I may call my CA tomorrow again to just confirm. But I had brought it up that it wasn't on the website and wanted to know if it was because the model year change and he assured me I'm still eligible.
      10-12-2022, 07:57 PM   #22
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
The numbers I got are from a reputable store. I just still think $12k is high, assuming I did the longest coverages. Wasn't sure if anyone else has a better connection/experience. Just have the worry of a BMW outside of warranty and repairs getting crazy- which if no warranty and tons of issues, the car would go bye bye. But they seem to be more solid from what I'm hearing? Or hoping. Lol.
You can also reach out to the forum sponsor for extended BMW warranty and maintenance plans.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1676787
Dm'ed you.