BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-30-2022, 01:25 PM   #1
doyouthinkhesawrus
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i, Tesla Model 3P

Delay in shipping to the Bay Area from Oxnard VPC?

Anyone else have this experience ? The M3 has been at Oxnard for a few weeks now; was supposed to be delivered to the (Bay Area) dealer by Dec 23; a week later (today) it shows that it is still at the VPC.

Apparently dealers have limited visibility into trucking assignments and
do not have any way to expedite deliveries.

The process that BMW uses seems pretty opaque ... either dealers should be given more autonomy to arrange for shipping, or BMW NA should take over the entire delivery process (like Tesla).
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 02:15 PM   #2
Onestubbornbull
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 2016 435, 2020 F82

Garage List
2023 G82  [0.00]
2023 G82  [0.00]
2021 G06  [0.00]
2020 F82  [0.00]
2009 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouthinkhesawrus View Post
Anyone else have this experience ? The M3 has been at Oxnard for a few weeks now; was supposed to be delivered to the (Bay Area) dealer by Dec 23; a week later (today) it shows that it is still at the VPC.

The process that BMW uses seems pretty opaque ... either dealers should be given more autonomy to arrange for shipping, or BMW NA should take over the entire delivery process (like Tesla).
Unlike many other car manufacturers BMW actually has a pretty cool tracking system. Far from perfect, it’s not Amazon or UPS. The last leg can be difficult to track. My dealer told me that as long as it’s on Priority 1 it will be assigned the first available truck.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 02:16 PM   #3
nomad.hatter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouthinkhesawrus View Post

You might have a stop sale though I imagine your CA would have told you that. You can check at https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/

Last edited by nomad.hatter; 12-30-2022 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 04:02 PM   #4
doyouthinkhesawrus
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i, Tesla Model 3P

Seems like the delay was due to having to add the 50 Jahre kit which needs to be scheduled and requires time. Apparently the kits are installed at the ports, didn't know that before. In any case my CA says it should be here late next week and I will definitely post photos when I get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 09:20 PM   #5
Speedbird71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 xDrive28i

My dealer told me my car was held back to fix a clear coat deterioration from a bird crapping on it. May be a number of reasons for the delay. Hopefully it’s to make sure your car is perfect.
Appreciate 0