BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2021, 09:40 AM   #23
chicagofan00
Brigadier General
chicagofan00's Avatar
United_States
5021
Rep
4,037
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3 Competition
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedster2 View Post
That color combo is stunning! Love everything about it, but the rear wing. Just can't get on it with it or the new M performance exhaust. All that matters is that you like it.
I'm beginning to think that the wing is exactly like the nose. A higher number of people don't like it in renders and photos, but in real life, just about everyone seems to like it a lot. BMW Seattle is going to be ordering more cars with the wing seeing how mine turned out (mine was the first car delivered with it). To me the side skirts and wing were essential to correct some design deficiencies in my eyes. The front splitter and side winglets were nice to have items. I am definitely doing the front splitter. But 50/50 on the winglets right now.
You installing the front lip yourself?

I went to tackle it yesterday afternoon and had a hell of a time trying to get the 8mm bolt off so that I could remove the two gloss black pieces. Never got past it and gave up for the night. Didn't want to risk damaging anything.
__________________
Current - 2022 G80 ///M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Past- 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 ///M40i in Glacier Silver
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 10:37 AM   #24
DriveWithDray
New Member
119
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: G80 M3C & 600LT
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

That blue is excellent and the interior compliments it super well!! Congrats
Appreciate 1
kjx758.50
      12-06-2021, 02:11 PM   #25
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
kjx's Avatar
United_States
759
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
You installing the front lip yourself?

I went to tackle it yesterday afternoon and had a hell of a time trying to get the 8mm bolt off so that I could remove the two gloss black pieces. Never got past it and gave up for the night. Didn't want to risk damaging anything.
I was going to get a body shop to install it ($300-$500), but I asked my detailer if they could do it and they said yes*. I'm doing a full body PPF + windshield protection + ceramic coat on wheels/brake calipers, and they're projecting it'll take 2 weeks to finish.

*they'd previously told me to come with it installed, but when I took the car to them in person, they were very excited to see it and were able to fit me in immediately (same day) and said yes to whatever I wanted installed, vs. being scheduled out a month or two for just PPF.

So my detailer's going to install:
- front splitter
- rear winglets
- side markers
- door sills

Most of the above is "free" given disassembly already required (like door handle removal and reinstall, remove wing + reinstall, etc.). But they are taking me to town on the total cost (13K; painful but I have to commit given how 'invested' I am at this point). There's a place that does it cheaper (~$8K) but I don't know about the quality of PPF work at the other place unfortunately. The other place did window tint for me before on another car and left cut marks on my windshield that they then polished out. So yeah... I'm paying a substantial premium for quality and peace of mind.

But I guess I'm getting some relief from the higher labor costs associated with even port installs on the extra parts.
__________________
2022 BMW ///M4 Competition xDrive (Enzian Blue, Kyalami Orange - photos) | 2021 BMW X5 45e (Carbon Black Metallic, Ivory White)
Past cars: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Metallic, Oyster White - Euro-delivery)
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #26
chicagofan00
Brigadier General
chicagofan00's Avatar
United_States
5021
Rep
4,037
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3 Competition
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Ouch, 2 weeks without the new car and $13k! It will be alert hit though in the end.
__________________
Current - 2022 G80 ///M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Past- 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 ///M40i in Glacier Silver
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 07:56 PM   #27
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
888
Rep
415
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
I was going to get a body shop to install it ($300-$500), but I asked my detailer if they could do it and they said yes*. I'm doing a full body PPF + windshield protection + ceramic coat on wheels/brake calipers, and they're projecting it'll take 2 weeks to finish.

*they'd previously told me to come with it installed, but when I took the car to them in person, they were very excited to see it and were able to fit me in immediately (same day) and said yes to whatever I wanted installed, vs. being scheduled out a month or two for just PPF.

So my detailer's going to install:
- front splitter
- rear winglets
- side markers
- door sills

Most of the above is "free" given disassembly already required (like door handle removal and reinstall, remove wing + reinstall, etc.). But they are taking me to town on the total cost (13K; painful but I have to commit given how 'invested' I am at this point). There's a place that does it cheaper (~$8K) but I don't know about the quality of PPF work at the other place unfortunately. The other place did window tint for me before on another car and left cut marks on my windshield that they then polished out. So yeah... I'm paying a substantial premium for quality and peace of mind.

But I guess I'm getting some relief from the higher labor costs associated with even port installs on the extra parts.
Thatís quite the high price. The highest I was quoted for full PPF is 7k and thatís for Stek PPF which is the best. Unfortunately the shop I use only does Xpel but still around the same price.
__________________
IG: Adaptiive_M
E46 M3 (Sold)
E92 M3
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
kjx758.50
      12-06-2021, 08:01 PM   #28
Tyga11
Captain
927
Rep
771
Posts

Drives: M4 Comp
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

The wing looks great on that blue. Doesn't work for every color but does here.
Appreciate 1
kjx758.50
      12-06-2021, 10:39 PM   #29
Grumpy514
Captain
Grumpy514's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
750
Posts

Drives: 14' 535i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
What a beautiful build you got there, congrats!!

That 2 week wait is going to be killer but well worth it.
Appreciate 1
kjx758.50
      12-16-2021, 04:16 PM   #30
jmg
Lieutenant General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
11680
Rep
11,530
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, i3 LCI, VW Atlas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
STUNNING!!! Personally, I love the wing, it's a coupe, it's a fast car.... what's wrong with it?!

Question though, the wing is only listed as being compatible with the M3. I'm seeing part #51192475051.

Is there another part # for the M4 that I just can't find on the shopbmw site?

Also, this is port installed right? I couldn't option anything on the exterior except the M Carbon Exterior Package, which now that I think of it, is kind of a waste to pay for the trunk lid that I will need to remove to get the Wing.

EDIT: I just noticed you got the M Carbom Exterior Package too... so what do they do with the old trunk lid? Did they just give that to you so you could keep it in your garage? Could you "sell" it back to the dealer or get a discount on the wing? On that note, did you negotiate the price of the wing and side skirts?
__________________
2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - Ordered
2018 F80 ///M3 CS
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World

Appreciate 1
kjx758.50
      12-16-2021, 06:26 PM   #31
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
kjx's Avatar
United_States
759
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
STUNNING!!! Personally, I love the wing, it's a coupe, it's a fast car.... what's wrong with it?!

Question though, the wing is only listed as being compatible with the M3. I'm seeing part #51192475051.

Is there another part # for the M4 that I just can't find on the shopbmw site?
I don't know what the part number is, but I have the option codes for all the M Performance parts and the price for having them installed at port (it's a little higher than the price of the part itself but significantly cheaper than doing it later unless you're providing your own labor).

I've attached the list to this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Also, this is port installed right? I couldn't option anything on the exterior except the M Carbon Exterior Package, which now that I think of it, is kind of a waste to pay for the trunk lid that I will need to remove to get the Wing.

EDIT: I just noticed you got the M Carbom Exterior Package too... so what do they do with the old trunk lid? Did they just give that to you so you could keep it in your garage? Could you "sell" it back to the dealer or get a discount on the wing? On that note, did you negotiate the price of the wing and side skirts?
Everything is port installed. The carbon lip spoiler is 'gone with the wind'. The port keeps it probably or tossed it as it was already installed once (and can be compromised in the uninstall process?). You're writing off whatever value is in the smaller spoiler - I didn't want to be in the business of trying to sell a "used" spoiler to a tiny market of M4 owners.

There is no negotiating anything. They wouldn't budge on the price and the parts that I didn't get were ones that I dropped as part of negotiating (totally one-sided negotiation though - like talking to a wall). I'd have got them at port if they dropped the price a little. Not a dollar.

Instead I'm getting them installed for "free" now by my detailer as part of a full body PPF job. I've not had the car since the 6th, and now I only expect to see it on the 20th. And then it's getting tint, swapping tires, installing a dashcam and radar detector. And then, I'll be set until summer.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2022 BMW ///M4 Competition xDrive (Enzian Blue, Kyalami Orange - photos) | 2021 BMW X5 45e (Carbon Black Metallic, Ivory White)
Past cars: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Metallic, Oyster White - Euro-delivery)
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #32
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
kjx's Avatar
United_States
759
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

So I finally have the car back with me after (took 2.5 weeks; 6 days longer than expected):
- CF side grille installation
- CF rear winglets installation
- CF front splitter installation
- CF door sill installation
- Stek Dynoshield full body paint protection (including on all the parts above)
- Stek Dynoflex windshield protection film
- Ceramic coated wheels + brake calipers

My detailer has some photos on Instagram (and yes, that's a Ferrari Roma being worked on in the background):



Within a few hours of getting it, I dropped it off for window tint installation. Picked 3M Crystalline 50, and got it back today.

What else:
- Purchased the M Performance 963M wheel and tire set for summer when I saw it available for a much lower price than usual ($5578).
- Purchased M Performance floor mats. Not installed yet.

What's left:
- Front and rear dash-cam installation (DIY)
- Valentine V1 Gen 2 with blend mount installation (DIY)
- Weather tech trunk mat installation with //M logo replacement (pending delivery)
- Winter tires are at my tire installer but the earliest my schedule aligns with their openings is mid-January for installation
Attached Images
  
__________________
2022 BMW ///M4 Competition xDrive (Enzian Blue, Kyalami Orange - photos) | 2021 BMW X5 45e (Carbon Black Metallic, Ivory White)
Past cars: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Metallic, Oyster White - Euro-delivery)
Appreciate 3
      12-25-2021, 10:29 AM   #33
Seedster2
Private
United_States
46
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2021 AW BMW M4 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

That's the highest quote I have seen on a non-exotic PPF. Quite the price to pay for PPF, but the results look great! The pop of the voodoo paint is stunning.

I think painted IND roundels and body colored reflectors would be great. The orange reflectors disrupt an otherwise cohesive front end
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #34
MSpain
Second Lieutenant
MSpain's Avatar
Spain
137
Rep
203
Posts

Drives: M4 G82 xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Spain - Europe

iTrader: (0)

Wow dude that color is outstanding.
Congrats!
__________________
Current: G82 M4 xDrive
Appreciate 1
kjx758.50
      12-25-2021, 10:32 PM   #35
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
kjx's Avatar
United_States
759
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedster2 View Post
That's the highest quote I have seen on a non-exotic PPF. Quite the price to pay for PPF, but the results look great! The pop of the voodoo paint is stunning.

I think painted IND roundels and body colored reflectors would be great. The orange reflectors disrupt an otherwise cohesive front end
It's Enzian - Voodoo is a different but similar color. iND roundels would be good but they were backlogged on it pretty far. I've mixed feelings on the reflectors. I've seen them increase visibility in the dark in a conspicuous way and given how many terrible drivers there are in my area, I'm inclined to keep them as is for now at least.
__________________
2022 BMW ///M4 Competition xDrive (Enzian Blue, Kyalami Orange - photos) | 2021 BMW X5 45e (Carbon Black Metallic, Ivory White)
Past cars: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Metallic, Oyster White - Euro-delivery)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 01:43 AM   #36
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
1802
Rep
2,118
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340 xdrive w/MPE
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Absolutely love this color combo! I crave doing it on a G80.
Appreciate 1
kjx758.50
      12-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #37
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
kjx's Avatar
United_States
759
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Video-game style video shot from a drone:
__________________
2022 BMW ///M4 Competition xDrive (Enzian Blue, Kyalami Orange - photos) | 2021 BMW X5 45e (Carbon Black Metallic, Ivory White)
Past cars: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Metallic, Oyster White - Euro-delivery)
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2021, 07:07 PM   #38
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
kjx's Avatar
United_States
759
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Some shots in the snow today.

Color reproduction is not accurate as the photos were dark due to lack of sunlight and needed adjustment. I wasn't able to get to a state that reflects the color as well but the angles with the M Performance parts should help future buyers.
Attached Images
    
__________________
2022 BMW ///M4 Competition xDrive (Enzian Blue, Kyalami Orange - photos) | 2021 BMW X5 45e (Carbon Black Metallic, Ivory White)
Past cars: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Metallic, Oyster White - Euro-delivery)
Appreciate 7
akkando5114.00
luckylingy1334.50
n55f15194.00
M3EEE108.00
      12-27-2021, 07:35 PM   #39
rgrovr
Lieutenant
rgrovr's Avatar
344
Rep
509
Posts

Drives: 2016 YMB M3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Your indoor shots look exactly like Voodoo but your outdoor shots look so much lighter. Great looking car either way.
__________________
2022 G80 M3 AWD - Voodoo Blue
2020 G07 X7 M50i Tanzanite Blue II
2016 F80 M3 YMB *SOLD*
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 07:42 PM   #40
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
kjx's Avatar
United_States
759
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
Your indoor shots look exactly like Voodoo but your outdoor shots look so much lighter. Great looking car either way.
The photos in the snow are not color accurate - I had to bump up brightness and play with contrast to compensate for lack of sunlight.

The video right above that set is more accurate on color though. Snareman's video on YouTube offer much better representations overall of what it looks like in sunlight. There's not much sun where I am right now so I can't say I know what it looks like in bright sunlight yet.
__________________
2022 BMW ///M4 Competition xDrive (Enzian Blue, Kyalami Orange - photos) | 2021 BMW X5 45e (Carbon Black Metallic, Ivory White)
Past cars: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Metallic, Oyster White - Euro-delivery)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 04:43 PM   #41
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
kjx's Avatar
United_States
759
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
Your indoor shots look exactly like Voodoo but your outdoor shots look so much lighter. Great looking car either way.
I found a photo taken outdoors in low light that shows the color as it is and didn't require any correction. I don't think anyone has yet photographed Enzian and Voodoo together in different lighting conditions to help with a comparison.

To the best of my understanding, the differences start to pop up more in bright sunlight where Enzian take on hues of aquamarine? Though if I were to do a blind test on any of the photos of Enzian or Voodoo online, I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference in most cases.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2022 BMW ///M4 Competition xDrive (Enzian Blue, Kyalami Orange - photos) | 2021 BMW X5 45e (Carbon Black Metallic, Ivory White)
Past cars: 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Metallic, Oyster White - Euro-delivery)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 05:15 PM   #42
rgrovr
Lieutenant
rgrovr's Avatar
344
Rep
509
Posts

Drives: 2016 YMB M3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
I found a photo taken outdoors in low light that shows the color as it is and didn't require any correction. I don't think anyone has yet photographed Enzian and Voodoo together in different lighting conditions to help with a comparison.

To the best of my understanding, the differences start to pop up more in bright sunlight where Enzian take on hues of aquamarine? Though if I were to do a blind test on any of the photos of Enzian or Voodoo online, I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference in most cases.
Yea, I know what you mean. I think the only way to truly tell them apart is to do a side-by-side in full daylight. If you were east-coast, a meetup would be epic.

But I look at your pictures and mine and damn its REALLY hard to tell them apart. Daylight I think Enzian leans a bit more to aquamarine hue like you stated and Voodoo plays to a more purplish-hue but its splitting hairs as in the photo below.

Name:  PXL_20211215_155529844.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  471.2 KB
__________________
2022 G80 M3 AWD - Voodoo Blue
2020 G07 X7 M50i Tanzanite Blue II
2016 F80 M3 YMB *SOLD*
Appreciate 1
kjx758.50
      12-28-2021, 06:15 PM   #43
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
2556
Rep
4,185
Posts

Drives: 2021 M4 / Jeep Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
I found a photo taken outdoors in low light that shows the color as it is and didn't require any correction. I don't think anyone has yet photographed Enzian and Voodoo together in different lighting conditions to help with a comparison.

To the best of my understanding, the differences start to pop up more in bright sunlight where Enzian take on hues of aquamarine? Though if I were to do a blind test on any of the photos of Enzian or Voodoo online, I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference in most cases.
Throw Santorini into that confusion comparison of online pictures.
Appreciate 3
kjx758.50
Vervain173.50
      12-29-2021, 10:03 AM   #44
bforbrian
Lieutenant
bforbrian's Avatar
431
Rep
491
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X5 x40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

Contrary to what many people think, I LOVE the wing, and I agree - it does fill up the trunk area really well and makes the car look like a missile!
Appreciate 2
kjx758.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.




g80
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST