BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-01-2022, 05:22 PM   #573
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

What's the causes of this QC purgatory? I noticed it seems like it's all November and December builds. No one from 2022 builds? Is it due to SI2 code? I ask because I'm at QC now and saw this thread pop up. I have SI2 on my build sheet.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 05:27 PM   #574
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
SI2 is supposedly a designation that helps BMW track the cars as they move though the plant. It could be to help them keep track of cars that are in QC, but they haven’t said that, and most likely would not admit it. My car is stuck because of a shortage of CID (central information display) units, and I believe all the Week 41+ cars that are stuck are in the same situation.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:00 PM   #575
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
What's the causes of this QC purgatory? I noticed it seems like it's all November and December builds. No one from 2022 builds? Is it due to SI2 code? I ask because I'm at QC now and saw this thread pop up. I have SI2 on my build sheet.
I had si2 on my week 3 build.

Flew out of qc but have 2 stop sales
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #576
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
I am curious what each person's breaking point is to make them say screw it and walk away from their order.

On top of the long delays BMW corporate refusing to even confirm or acknowledge this particular issue, so far we are looking at a loss of any incentives from 2021 (PenFed for example) and interest rates have gone up twice. Even if cars exit QC this week it will be weeks before they are delivered.

I'm expecting April deliveries for most of us in my most optimal scenario in my head. I hope you be proven wrong but there's nothing telling us we won't have even further delays, stop sales not yet listed, or simple logistics delays even if the cars received their CIDs this week.

So with all of the above, what would make you absolutely say fuck it and give up? Would it take insane rate hikes? 2023 cars being delivered before ours? A surprise that some other parts are also missing and removed (laser lights for example)? A MSRP increase because the car is being delivered in 2022?

I've resigned myself to wait it out because my order is the only car that ticks all the boxes for what I want in a new car right now but I'm still pretty sure my spiteful side would make me walk away if a 2023 gets delivered before mine, ESPECIALLY if BMW corporate still refuses to acknowledge the issue or execute any sort of brand reputation or customer retention action to make those of us stick around short or long term.

So what's your breaking point?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:29 PM   #577
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm really close to my breaking point right now, but the problem, for me anyway, is what else is out there? And I agree that it's most like April or later for any of us that are still in this situation.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:37 PM   #578
monagram
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Today, my CA told me that BMW NA told them the car should be completed by the end of the month, which to me means April at the earliest. Sucks because my last 3 orders were at the dealer the day after the hitting the port, but we all know that isn't happening this time.

I asked about the rate protection, as my payment would now be $80ish a month higher, and they insinuated it *should* be ok.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:39 PM   #579
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
End of the month? It's only the first. If I have to wait another three weeks just for it to get to the port, I may be at my breaking point. Let's not forget that they may still be affected by RAM/Amp and get stuck again at VDC.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:49 PM   #580
monagram
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
End of the month? It's only the first. If I have to wait another three weeks just for it to get to the port, I may be at my breaking point. Let's not forget that they may still be affected by RAM/Amp and get stuck again at VDC.
Exactly. It's not their fault (dealer), but such BS when others built last month are already being delivered.

And I am calling it, the icing on the cake will be freaking Pirellis.
Appreciate 1
ATX_M3185.50
      02-01-2022, 07:02 PM   #581
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I’m supposed to be doing PCD, and I think all those cars get Michelin (don’t quote me).
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 11:45 PM   #582
jmmequon
Rep
Drives: 325ci, 435ix, M850

Garage List
I has also strongly considered abandoning my order, if for nothing else to relieve the frustrations. However, as early post said, what else is there to buy?

I have a 2015 435xi. I really want a new car (like now). I did not want another 4 series b/c the interior remains very similar. I want a coupe that I can drive as my every day car. After considering many options, I ordered a M850, realizing that I am stepping up in price a lot to a nicer car.

If I cancel the order on M850, what car do I buy and when I can get it.

There are no options that I see.
Appreciate 1
element561092.00
      02-01-2022, 11:48 PM   #583
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmequon View Post
I has also strongly considered abandoning my order, if for nothing else to relieve the frustrations. However, as early post said, what else is there to buy?

I have a 2015 435xi. I really want a new car (like now). I did not want another 4 series b/c the interior remains very similar. I want a coupe that I can drive as my every day car. After considering many options, I ordered a M850, realizing that I am stepping up in price a lot to a nicer car.

If I cancel the order on M850, what car do I buy and when I can get it.

There are no options that I see.
The interior in the G82 is almost identical to the 8 Series. Nothing like your 2015 4 Series.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 11:27 AM   #584
element56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 X3 '22 M4XC '23 X3M40i

been stuck since 11/9 as well. I knew when I ordered I would have to wait, just didn't expect it to be this long. not at any breaking point for me and no foreseeable need to abandon my order. this order is individual and unique and I waited for the xdrive version to start shipping before ordering. wife and I only have one car and both work from home so no rush for it to arrive.

I don't think canceling will make anything any better either esp with other brands having mandatory 6 month delays (porsche) or more depending on model.

I wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:01 PM   #585
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

I have trouble thinking about abandoning my order. I've been waiting for over 5 months now, with my car being in QC since 11/8. There isn’t anything out there that I would want at this point. I also will wait. ( although at some point who knows)
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:24 PM   #586
Garycoral
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60 / 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911_ View Post
I have trouble thinking about abandoning my order. I've been waiting for over 5 months now, with my car being in QC since 11/8. There isn’t anything out there that I would want at this point. I also will wait. ( although at some point who knows)
Is it just me, or am I sensing a sort of "Resignation" from all you guys to this being a protracted delay with no end in sight... A couple of weeks ago there seemed to be a lot more fight in the group. So BMW's "Just stall them" tactic is working...

I called the "Genius" line today - Only the 2nd in line and when Eric answered I pushed him harder than I'd ever pushed a Genius before - To no avail, but I felt it was my duty to try again.

BTW he insisted there's no escalating a call to a supervisor - Pfft.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #587
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garycoral View Post
Is it just me, or am I sensing a sort of "Resignation" from all you guys to this being a protracted delay with no end in sight... A couple of weeks ago there seemed to be a lot more fight in the group. So BMW's "Just stall them" tactic is working...

I called the "Genius" line today - Only the 2nd in line and when Eric answered I pushed him harder than I'd ever pushed a Genius before - To no avail, but I felt it was my duty to try again.

Have you tried contacting the bmw customer support email with your production number and situation? When i did that i got a lady from bmwusa corporate offices to get an update on my car and surprisingly enough my car moved out of QC a few days later with no stop sales. I would suggest trying that route if you haven’t yet. I’m sure she didn’t do much to make the car move but she at least tried to get me an accurate report as to what was happening.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:38 PM   #588
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:

I have not called in in months. Can't recall, are they asking if they resolved/answered the reason you called? Thinking no because no one would say yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:39 PM   #589
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3/ Yas Marina Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriffindor View Post
Have you tried contacting the bmw customer support email with your production number and situation? When i did that i got a lady from bmwusa corporate offices to get an update on my car and surprisingly enough my car moved out of QC a few days later with no stop sales. I would suggest trying that route if you haven’t yet. I’m sure she didn’t do much to make the car move but she at least tried to get me an accurate report as to what was happening.
What’s the email
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:40 PM   #590
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriffindor View Post
I emailed the CEO of BMW NA and was contacted by customer support. She had no answers for me and said that here in the U.S. they have no information. I told her that is highly unlikely and I’m sure the executive’s could get more information if they tried. It was a waist of a call.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:42 PM   #591
monagram
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I don't think it's resignation, just not going to keep ramming our heads into a wall.

BMW won't escalate/deviate from whatever plan they have for these cars, so we either wait or cancel.
Appreciate 4
JWBimmer135.00
bruce911_223.00
'Cane8677.00
Macheins282.50
      02-02-2022, 01:57 PM   #592
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monagram View Post
I don't think it's resignation, just not going to keep ramming our heads into a wall.

BMW won't escalate/deviate from whatever plan they have for these cars, so we either wait or cancel.
I agree. I have contacted BMW genius many times (they need to change that name as they know nothing), spoke to customer support, emailed BMW executives in NA, spoke to my dealer more times than I can count and no one has any answers for me. It’s futile to keep trying. Will just have to wait and see. Luckily I still have my 2015 M4 although the miles are getting high.
Appreciate 2
'Cane8677.00
Macheins282.50
      02-02-2022, 02:37 PM   #593
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
What’s the email
corporate.website@bmwgroup.com