BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

12-29-2021, 12:17 PM   #23
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.ricci View Post
Thank you for the reply!! Kind of a bummer a lot of the cars I managed to find, this option wasn't added.

I may have to commit to loosing to this option and become a bit more familiar with the power when I want to have a little fun.
I think you will be fine without it. Just take small increments in power application until you fine tune your modulation. I got it because i intend to track my car and I wanted to be able to setup wheel slip in rwd mode for various track and weather conditions. If you mainly drive in awd on the street but go to rwd occasionally for some fun drifts then it's not that compelling provided you are nice and smooth on the go pedal. Don't mash it
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 12:22 PM   #24
MarineRaider
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Why do people feel like they need to hide their license plate in pictures?
I would be more worried about parking on the streets of Los Angeles than my plate being exposed.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2021, 12:22 PM   #25
aaron.ricci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AMG c63s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRacer523 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.ricci View Post
Thank you for the reply!! Kind of a bummer a lot of the cars I managed to find, this option wasn't added.

I may have to commit to loosing to this option and become a bit more familiar with the power when I want to have a little fun.
I think you will be fine without it. Just take small increments in power application until you fine tune your modulation. I got it because i intend to track my car and I wanted to be able to setup wheel slip in rwd mode for various track and weather conditions. If you mainly drive in awd on the street but go to rwd occasionally for some fun drifts then it's not that compelling provided you are nice and smooth on the go pedal. Don't mash it
Thank you for this!! Ya that would make sense on weather conditions for sure. I live in San Diego CA so weather is primarily sunny. Throwing on a Jb4 tune will obviously add to the drama but just hoping to have a little fun in RWD on the occasional drift like you said.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2021, 03:04 PM   #26
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP manual (previous)

I did a lot of research on the Mdrive professional. You definitely need to hear from owners and not me. I did come from a manual F80 and others can probably attest on the following 3 drive modes: DSC on was very intrusive so it was not one of my M settings. MDM had a mix of less intrusive stability (brake) and traction (throttle) then there was everything off which required some skill.

I think it depends on your experience but those of us folks coming from an F80 will adapt to the G80 2wd mode without MTC quickly given the more challenging F80. It appears the G80 power is less spikey and the chassis and suspension gives it much more grip. Trasitioning from 4wd mode to 2wd mode without traction control shouldnt be overwhelming. Assuming 2wd will be on dry pavement then no problem. I am not comparing myself to better drivers but it seems the experinced guys prefer no TC.

Assuming you didnt come from an F80 or have much experience, my guess you will feel that you missed out initially. Yet, once you have some seat time, you wont need the MTC, especially given most of the time you will be in the rear biased 4wd sport mode then occasion do a slight drift in a safe environment. My post probably doesnt help much wanted to provide a perspective from another hopefully soon xdrive owner. I am hopeful you will get more input, not necessarily to make u feel better but so that make the most of your choice.
Appreciate 0