BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-21-2022, 10:47 PM   #1
CnynFnatic
Registered
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia TI

G80 M3 xDrive Allocation

So my Alfa Romeo Giulia lease is about to end here in June and knowing the car market, I don't want to wait last minute and get screwed over not knowing what is going to happen.

December 30th I decided I was going to order a G80 M3 xDrive so that is what I did. I did not order directly through a dealer. I ordered from a broker that originally gave me my Alfa Romeo Lease. I am going to end up buying the G80, but my
main concern here is when will I actually get it. I ordered it on December 30, 2021 and have yet to even receive allocation. I built the car online, sent the code to the broker to order the car and the broker ordered it through a BMW dealer. Reason I did this is lets say June, somehow, someway, prices decide to deflate, I could possibly get a good lease deal on the car, and worst case scenario I just buy it out for MSRP if not. It is now March 16 and I have still yet to receiver allocation. Is this normal? When am I expecting to receive the car. Those who ordered it and got it already, how long did it take? I've seen people on forums order it a week before I did and get allocation within 2 weeks. Not sure what to do here because the build process hasn't started and I want this car by June.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 10:58 PM   #2
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

I'm guessing at least 6 months give or take. Got my allocation a few weeks ago and car won't start production until may...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 11:09 PM   #3
CnynFnatic
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocox3m View Post
I'm guessing at least 6 months give or take. Got my allocation a few weeks ago and car won't start production until may...
When did you order the car? Did you go to several BMW dealerships or only one?
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 11:10 PM   #4
Delmoney335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM G80 comp

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
You need to check with the broker/dealer if you’re on a wait list for allocation and how far down the line. With no allocation yet , June delivery isn’t looking too realistic.
      03-21-2022, 11:22 PM   #5
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnynFnatic View Post
When did you order the car? Did you go to several BMW dealerships or only one?
I was put on their wait list in July, and finally got the allocation. I was on another smaller dealerships wait list, but nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 12:05 AM   #6
Molon Labe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp xDrive

I requested an allocation for an M3 in August, received the allocation in January and I probably won't see my car until July, at best. I went from week 11 to 18 to 20, back to 18.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 01:22 AM   #7
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
You will not see your car until late Q3 or Q4 this year. Your best bet is to start calling dealers and finding out how many people are on their lists. Find out what their deposits are and if they are fundable. After doing a good amount of research on calling dealers, start throwing down deposits & go with the first one that gets you an allocation.

Your broker was selling hopes & prayers it sounds like for this vehicle. I would at least contact him and see where you are on list.

Having a vehicle by June when it hasn't even been ordered yet is a pipe dream at this point. You could always get lucky and find one (not your exact spec) but most dealers are charging from 5-25k ADM right now for ones sitting on the lot. Local dealer here has a stripper 6MT model that has a sticker price of 80. They are asking 96k for it.
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool547.50
      03-22-2022, 06:56 AM   #8
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Yes, this is normal.

I was on multiple dealer waitlists and was lucky in getting my allocation within a couple of weeks. I have also seen people waiting for months for an allocation. No one really knows when and how many allocation a dealer would get in the future. We have several threads tracking allocation updates and they should give you an idea.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1828596
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1903928

With all things happening, no one (including your dealer) can provide you a timeline on when you will be taking delivery. Every build might see a different issue (manufacturing, logistics, component shortage) and i would anticipate anywhere between 4 to 6 months after you get an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 08:02 AM   #9
CnynFnatic
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
You will not see your car until late Q3 or Q4 this year. Your best bet is to start calling dealers and finding out how many people are on their lists. Find out what their deposits are and if they are fundable. After doing a good amount of research on calling dealers, start throwing down deposits & go with the first one that gets you an allocation.

Your broker was selling hopes & prayers it sounds like for this vehicle. I would at least contact him and see where you are on list.

Having a vehicle by June when it hasn't even been ordered yet is a pipe dream at this point. You could always get lucky and find one (not your exact spec) but most dealers are charging from 5-25k ADM right now for ones sitting on the lot. Local dealer here has a stripper 6MT model that has a sticker price of 80. They are asking 96k for it.
I've been keeping my eye out on that as well, impossible to even find comp seat xDrive spec here in the states.
Appreciate 0