BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-09-2022, 07:09 PM   #1
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Pcd info

My car is currently on a train going towards VPC does anybody know when PCD will get in contact with me? I have no stop sales or recalls!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 07:59 PM   #2
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Not sure; they've probably altered their process this year because of all the potential for delays, but you can reach out to them at PerformanceCenterDelivery@bmwmc.com with your VIN and inquire.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 09:08 PM   #3
Mowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2022 BMW M4   [10.00]
Honestly - takes about 30 days.

Did you sign paperwork yet ? If not dealer will probably call you first and then do that. Been my experience.
      03-09-2022, 09:09 PM   #4
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowe View Post

Did you sign paperwork yet ? If not dealer will probably call you first and then do that. Been my experience.
Nothing Butkus lol
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 10:09 PM   #5
Mowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2022 BMW M4   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowe View Post

Nothing Butkus lol

You're probably about 2 months out. I hit port , 2 hours away on 1/24. Picking up 3/24 as FYI.
      03-10-2022, 02:59 AM   #6
Nick70115
2022 M3 AWD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
My car is currently on a train going towards VPC does anybody know when PCD will get in contact with me? I have no stop sales or recalls!
PCD contacted me as soon as I was cleared from VPC. So once you clear you should hear from them pretty shortly. Unless I somehow got lucky. They scheduled me 13 days later.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 06:44 AM   #7
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep

I just got this from the pcd people. Looks like this is just a bs response! I already talk to genius and my CA they said I do not have any stop sales and my car is currently on train. They have to have some idea or a ballpark of what the heck is going on with the car

Hello Mr. Mann,

Unfortunately, in addition to shipping delays we have also seen stop sales being added to imported vehicles once they arrive at the US port and for that reason we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. Once the vehicle has arrived at the U.S. port, completed all the processes at the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) and has been assigned a work order completed date we will be able to move forward with processing your reservation request. Once your reservation request has been processed we will send another e-mail, with information regarding the first available tentative delivery date, to your BMW Client Advisor.

Best regards,
Kelli

BMW Group
Kelli C. Cardoso
Delivery Scheduling and Logistics Analyst
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 07:04 AM   #8
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
I just got this from the pcd people. Looks like this is just a bs response! I already talk to genius and my CA they said I do not have any stop sales and my car is currently on train. They have to have some idea or a ballpark of what the heck is going on with the car
Under current situations, they would not schedule anything until the vehicle arrives in the US port and clears their process even if you dont have a stop sale. I can understand where they are coming from as there might be several delays until the vehicle lands in US.

There have been several reports that even though the status says that the vehicle is at German port, they never left the manufacturing plant and this went on for weeks. Why would PC want to add additional work by rescheduling your appointment multiple times if you come across several delays which is outside their control.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #9
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Quote:
Under current situations, they would not schedule anything until the vehicle arrives in the US port and clears their process even if you dont have a stop sale. I can understand where they are coming from as there might be several delays until the vehicle lands in US.

There have been several reports that even though the status says that the vehicle is at German port, they never left the manufacturing plant and this went on for weeks. Why would PC want to add additional work by rescheduling your appointment multiple times if you come across several delays which is outside their control.
I'm no longer in port I'm at the VPC center right now that's coming from genius!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 09:34 AM   #10
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep

I understand your frustration, but bear in mind the PC folks are not involved with the manufacturing process or handling subsequent stop-sales or other issues. They're narrowly focused on just handing the car over to you. So it makes sense that they need to wait until all upstream processes are complete before they commit to anything.

Consider if they did schedule deliveries prematurely, then people would make travel plans, only to find out later that they don't have the car yet and will need to postpone.
      03-10-2022, 10:02 AM   #11
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
I understand your frustration, but bear in mind the PC folks are not involved with the manufacturing process or handling subsequent stop-sales or other issues. They're narrowly focused on just handing the car over to you. So it makes sense that they need to wait until all upstream processes are complete before they commit to anything.

Consider if they did schedule deliveries prematurely, then people would make travel plans, only to find out later that they don't have the car yet and will need to postpone.
I completely understand and not really frustrated at all! I was just putting feelers out their for people who have done it before and what the process is!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 11:24 AM   #12
bapeezy
Rep
Drives: Upcoming G80x

My CA told me the same, they won't schedule pcd until the car clears vpc. However my CA had to schedule the pcd for me.

Per genius, my car cleared the vpc on Thurs 02/24. I texted my CA morning of Mon 02/28, he said he didn't see the car clear on his end yet. But later that afternoon he texted me with earliest pcd date of 03/30, which he scheduled on my behalf. After which I received emails /paperwork from pcd.

Point being, I wouldn't wait on pcd to contact you, probably worth putting a bug in your CA's ear.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2022, 11:33 AM   #13
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapeezy View Post
Per genius, my car cleared the vpc on Thurs 02/24. I texted my CA morning of Mon 02/28, he said he didn't see the car clear on his end yet. But later that afternoon he texted me with earliest pcd date of 03/30, which he scheduled on my behalf. After which I received emails /paperwork from pcd.
So it sounds like the PC itself is about a month behind on deliveries? Great.
      03-10-2022, 11:33 AM   #14
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapeezy View Post
My CA told me the same, they won't schedule pcd until the car clears vpc. However my CA had to schedule the pcd for me.

Point being, I wouldn't wait on pcd to contact you, probably worth putting a bug in your CA's ear.
That's what I figured my CA is actually pretty good at keeping me informed on things…. especially that I did see him going on 2 month now because I was in the area. I figured I stop by and he said he would contact me if PCD ever contacted him. I've bought many cars from him in the past so he knows I like to be on top of things and knows that I am very excited about this car since I ordered it in July as it is my first M! I may put a little bug/flame in his ear as soon as genius tells me it clears VPC and just say I'm just checking on things and acting like I'm clueless on what's going on. But other than that there's not much more I can do I'm in the homestretch!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 09:27 AM   #15
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Raptor

Quote:
From my CA and someone that I know who works at PCD - 1 month added to your delivery timeline is average for PCD deliveries. They can only do 8 or 9(?) a day, 5 days a week. That's max 45 a week.

X series alone in Spartanburg has 1,500 vehicles a day roll off the assembly line. With PCD deliveries being a fraction of all North American sales from all plants around the world, they are not BSing you or "behind". It's just the numbers.

That - and they probably found out very early on in the program that using any kid-gloves with scheduling made a mess of the whole affair, so it is a very austere process. ... exactly the same DNA that makes your car a great one. hahahahaaa
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 11:05 AM   #16
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
Quote:
From my CA and someone that I know who works at PCD - 1 month added to your delivery timeline is average for PCD deliveries. They can only do 8 or 9(?) a day, 5 days a week. That's max 45 a week.

X series alone in Spartanburg has 1,500 vehicles a day roll off the assembly line. With PCD deliveries being a fraction of all North American sales from all plants around the world, they are not BSing you or "behind". It's just the numbers.

That - and they probably found out very early on in the program that using any kid-gloves with scheduling made a mess of the whole affair, so it is a very austere process. ... exactly the same DNA that makes your car a great one. hahahahaaa
A super majority of PCD's these days are X vehicles.

OP has to understand that everyone is the same boat regarding the imported cars waiting at the VPC for the stop sales to clear. The PC staff is outstanding as they go beyond expectations and are tracking each car daily—they are on top of their game.
      03-23-2022, 11:29 AM   #17
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post

Sounds like they should prioritize M cars