BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-24-2024, 08:51 AM   #1
sirwestofash
Rep
Drives: shopping for m3

Best dealer in western/middle of NC/SC

I'm nearby Charlotte but can go up to 200 miles in any direction.

BMW of Asheville
Hendrick BMW
Hendrick BMW of North Lake
Century BMW
Flow BMW
BMW of Greensboro
BMW of Columbia

Of these dealerships are there any that are absolutely terrible to work with? Any that are over the moon awesome to work with? Trying to pick the best one to have a good experience and relationship with for the future. This is my first BMW and looking at an M3. Don't know if any of these places would be more suited for ordering and servicing that type of car.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 09:21 AM   #2
Vernmeister
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Subaru wrx - M3 awaiting produ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwestofash View Post

BMW of Asheville
Hendrick BMW
Century BMW
Flow BMW
BMW of Greensboro
BMW of Columbia

Of these dealerships are there any that are absolutely terrible to work with? Any that are over the moon awesome to work with? Trying to pick the best one to have a good experience and relationship with for the future. This is my first BMW and looking at an M3. Don't know if any of these places would be more suited for ordering and servicing that type of car.
I live in va beach - called about 25 dealers in 300 miles. Ended up ordering through bmw south point in Durham which I think is Hendrick bmw.

My m3 arrived off the boat this weekend and I should be going to get it weekend after next.

I went with them because they had allocations available and were the most commmunicative. Many dealers near me had a wait list 6 months to years long but I found 3 dealers down in nc area that had immediate allocations.

Overall experience has been smooth with hendrick.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2024, 09:41 AM   #3
Day Laborer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:

BMW of Asheville
Hendrick BMW
Century BMW
Flow BMW
BMW of Greensboro
BMW of Columbia

If youre looking for an immediate allocation with a scheduled production week, let me know.
But as of today, none of those dealers have an open, configurable M3 allocation (with a production number) and most likely have a waitlist.
However surrounding states have allocations that would be estimated for April delivery

nextlevelautobrokersdc@gmail.com

Thanks!
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2024, 10:34 AM   #4
SweetDee
Humble Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue 2020 M4 Comp

I'm awaiting delivery of my G80 to Hendrick of North Lake. So far so good. It took a little bit to get an allocation but I wasn't in a hurry at the time and knew it would be even longer since I wanted an Individual color. This is the 2nd car I've ordered through North Lake and I've always had good luck with their service center. I wouldn't say my salesman has been the most communicative but he helped me get those "mandatory" overpriced add-ons removed and got me a good enough deal on my trade, making this a super simple transaction. In the Charlotte area, Hendrick is kind of the defacto dealer but I wouldn't limit your search if you can find an allocation elsewhere sooner.

sirwestofash...what's your timeline? If you're trying to beat the deadline for LCI, you might want to look into the services of Day Laborer.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2024, 11:19 AM   #5
sirwestofash
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDee View Post
I'm awaiting delivery of my G80 to Hendrick of North Lake. So far so good. It took a little bit to get an allocation but I wasn't in a hurry at the time and knew it would be even longer since I wanted an Individual color. This is the 2nd car I've ordered through North Lake and I've always had good luck with their service center. I wouldn't say my salesman has been the most communicative but he helped me get those "mandatory" overpriced add-ons removed and got me a good enough deal on my trade, making this a super simple transaction. In the Charlotte area, Hendrick is kind of the defacto dealer but I wouldn't limit your search if you can find an allocation elsewhere sooner.

sirwestofash...what's your timeline? If you're trying to beat the deadline for LCI, you might want to look into the services of Day Laborer.
That's the million dollar question. I really love the laser light look. So if we know the LCI is not having the laser lights then my time line is much more urgent.

Aside from that ordering by March, April, or May. Delivery takes as long as it takes i guess? This is my first time with BMW so not sure what the calendar year ebs and flows are like and what reasonable expectations are.

If the LCI refresh has compelling changes or knobs for the climate then I'd be fine waiting for it. Getting delivery by spring 2025.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 11:23 AM   #6
sirwestofash
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernmeister View Post
I live in va beach - called about 25 dealers in 300 miles. Ended up ordering through bmw south point in Durham which I think is Hendrick bmw.

My m3 arrived off the boat this weekend and I should be going to get it weekend after next.

I went with them because they had allocations available and were the most commmunicative. Many dealers near me had a wait list 6 months to years long but I found 3 dealers down in nc area that had immediate allocations.

Overall experience has been smooth with hendrick.
I really heard good things about all Hendricks but I didn't want to be shit on by my local dealer if I bought through Hendrick and got my maintenance and service done locally. I had that happen with another car brand and it didn't end well. I had to call corporate on their ass and almost sued them in civil court over it.

Which is why I'm moving to BMW I really want a seamless, luxury service and support experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 11:25 AM   #7
sirwestofash
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
If youre looking for an immediate allocation with a scheduled production week, let me know.
But as of today, none of those dealers have an open, configurable M3 allocation (with a production number) and most likely have a waitlist.
However surrounding states have allocations that would be estimated for April delivery

nextlevelautobrokersdc@gmail.com

Thanks!
I've heard everyone on reddit and here mentioning using a broker. I'm definitely happy to do that. I heard brokers can sometimes get 5 to 10% off msrp but I'd assume for an M car with individual paint that's not happening?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 11:51 AM   #8
Day Laborer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
I've heard everyone on reddit and here mentioning using a broker. I'm definitely happy to do that. I heard brokers can sometimes get 5 to 10% off msrp but I'd assume for an M car with individual paint that's not happening?
M4s, X5M/ X6M, M8s and once in a while in stock M2 - yes often at a discount

M3s best is at MSRP with no dealer added accessories - battling the waitlist and getting an allocation is the difficult part

Demand for M3s significantly outweighs M4 coupe demand; and holds better long term value
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2024, 08:23 PM   #9
ItsConnor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 PB M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Might be just over 200 miles but United BMW in GA gave me the best customer service experience and got an allocation for my M4 in one week.

Was worth the 480 miles back home after picking up.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2024, 08:51 PM   #10
Llarry
///M driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
I'm on the left coast and have no dog in this hunt but here's my take: M4 is easy, M3 is less so.

Recommendation: Take Day Laborer up on the offer for as close as you can get. (Damn! No more Performance Center Delivery!) You'll pay MSRP and avoid tons of hassle.