BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-10-2024, 04:45 PM   #1
lightvol2
Lightvol2
Rep
Drives: Lexus RCF

Building NEW G82

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on building a G82 from the website. I'm entirely new to this process. I would like to know what this process looks like and how long the process takes.

Another question, say you complete the build and you want to purchase. Does BMW allow negotiating the final price of the build?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 04:48 PM   #2
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
As far as building, you'd spec it how you want, then give your build code to a dealer and they'll put in the order.

Time it takes is all dependent on if they have an allocation or not. Some dealers will play games and tell you they have one when they don't, just need to make absolute sure that they do and you wouldn't be put into the "Order Bank." If they have an allocation, it's anywhere from 6-8 weeks to 4 months depending on how quickly you get on a boat.

You'd be negotiating with the dealer, not BMW. For a G82, you can probably get $1-2k off, but that's about it since it's a custom build. You'd get more if it was on a lot somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 04:56 PM   #3
lightvol2
Lightvol2
Rep
Drives: Lexus RCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
As far as building, you'd spec it how you want, then give your build code to a dealer and they'll put in the order.

Time it takes is all dependent on if they have an allocation or not. Some dealers will play games and tell you they have one when they don't, just need to make absolute sure that they do and you wouldn't be put into the "Order Bank." If they have an allocation, it's anywhere from 6-8 weeks to 4 months depending on how quickly you get on a boat.

You'd be negotiating with the dealer, not BMW. For a G82, you can probably get $1-2k off, but that's about it since it's a custom build. You'd get more if it was on a lot somewhere.
Okay I'm beginning to understand.
May I ask what's an allocation? (like i said I'm new to this lol)

Okay so dealers will offer greater discounts on cars sitting on lots vs a custom build?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 05:00 PM   #4
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightvol2 View Post

Okay so dealers will offer greater discounts on cars sitting on lots vs a custom build?
Of course, they've been sitting and they want to move the product. A build hasn't been built yet, less incentive to move them.

Dealers get "allocations" for models, X number of M3s to be built each month, X number of M4s, X number of X3/4/5, etc.

If the dealer has been "allocated" a slot for a G82, they'll be ready to take a spec to build. If there's no allocation available, or if they don't have enough for how many people want them, you'll be sitting on a first-come-first-serve basis until they roll through the entire list of people that have an order in for one.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 05:01 PM   #5
Vernmeister
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Subaru wrx - M3 awaiting produ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightvol2 View Post

Read this

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27395592
Appreciate 0