BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-28-2021, 08:58 AM   #67
Tommy-G
Captain
Tommy-G's Avatar
2189
Rep
672
Posts

Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bradenton FL

iTrader: (0)

Used prices will go back down once the new car lots fill up again
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:04 AM   #68
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
cmyx6go's Avatar
8442
Rep
1,771
Posts

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Used prices will go back down once the new car lots fill up again
I was at my dealer yesterday and they were loaded with new cars. It was a big difference from the last time I was there in late November.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:14 AM   #69
j0oftheworld
Private First Class
j0oftheworld's Avatar
103
Rep
144
Posts

Drives: 01 S2k, 20 M2C
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: PHX, AZ

iTrader: (1)

I looked up my 2015 Tacoma prerunner with 85k miles.. $27k retail.. It was $31k new.. 😳
Even my 2001 s2k with 35k miles is coming up in the high 20's!
I feel bad for people looking for housing/transportation.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #70
ryan stewart
Major
1147
Rep
1,072
Posts

Drives: 2008 328it
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I was at my dealer yesterday and they were loaded with new cars. It was a big difference from the last time I was there in late November.
I wonder what they were though. I think they have a floorplan but its still "you take what you can get." I had a friend who wanted to order an AUDI and they were basically like, "No, not right now" from the get. Another buddy is still waiting on a Panigale SP from MONTHS ago.

So if youre looking for options you might still have to get one a year or two old.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #71
ASAP
Major General
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
4666
Rep
5,467
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Used prices will go back down once the new car lots fill up again
I am under the impression there will be a lot of running around and crying when people see the negative equity situations they got themselves into.
__________________
2020 HS M2C DCT 763M, lots of CF (Perfect)
2 x N54 (Unreliable Junk)
1 x N55 (Slow)
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #72
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
cmyx6go's Avatar
8442
Rep
1,771
Posts

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
I wonder what they were though. I think they have a floorplan but its still "you take what you can get." I had a friend who wanted to order an AUDI and they were basically like, "No, not right now" from the get. Another buddy is still waiting on a Panigale SP from MONTHS ago.

So if youre looking for options you might still have to get one a year or two old.
I was successful in ordering my 2022. I took delivery in mid august and got all the options. I see lots are being scratched on the new models due to the chip issues. I did think about holding on to my 2019 but my salesguy assured me I'd wouldn't have any problems with the new build. Plus I'm sure they made a chunk of change on my 2019 with only 32K miles.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:39 AM   #73
zx10guy
Colonel
3600
Rep
2,849
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I was at my dealer yesterday and they were loaded with new cars. It was a big difference from the last time I was there in late November.
Were they actually new cars? I know many dealers are moving their used car inventory over into where they typically park their new car inventory. They're doing this to give the illusion they have new car inventory.

My Toyota dealership still has pretty much no inventory. If you drive by the dealership and not pay attention, you'd think they have inventory as they're parking all the cars they have along the front of the lot which faces the street. If you look past that row of cars, it's totally empty.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:43 AM   #74
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
cmyx6go's Avatar
8442
Rep
1,771
Posts

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Were they actually new cars? I know many dealers are moving their used car inventory over into where they typically park their new car inventory. They're doing this to give the illusion they have new car inventory.

My Toyota dealership still has pretty much no inventory. If you drive by the dealership and not pay attention, you'd think they have inventory as they're parking all the cars they have along the front of the lot which faces the street. If you look past that row of cars, it's totally empty.
I didn't look for stickers in the windows but they seemed to be current models. The showroom was packed, the parking in front of the service area was packed, as was the lot. It seemed a bit odd based on the current climate.

EDIT: I just looked at their website for available inventory. It show 372 2022 models. Not sure if that is propaganda but they all have VINs.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise

Last edited by cmyx6go; 12-28-2021 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #75
zx10guy
Colonel
3600
Rep
2,849
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I didn't look for stickers in the windows but they seemed to be current models. The showroom was packed, the parking in front of the service area was packed, as was the lot. It seemed a bit odd based on the current climate.
If parts are any indication, I don't think this is letting up anytime soon. I've been waiting on my car to be fixed after hitting a deer. 2019 C-HR. It's now been over a month since it went into the body shop. The good news is that every time my body shop updated me on parts being on back order with no release date, they've been able to get them eventually. The initial hold up was the hood, right fender, front bumper cover, and a bunch of miscellaneous brackets. They were able to get all of them except for one bracket that holds the front bumper cover. Apparently that has finally arrived and they said they'll have my car to me tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I have a rental with Enterprise. They're lot is still as empty as when all of this started. My rental benefits have expired with State Farm. I'm a bit pissed at State Farm because they won't extend rental coverage due to these unusual circumstances. All I get is one month. The claims adjuster I spoke to said it's a known problem where many people are running into this problem. Yet State Farm issued a memo stating no extension of rental benefits per the claims adjuster.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 10:48 AM   #76
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
96
Rep
295
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I was looking at 2018 Porsche Macan GTS or Turbo, and the amount of them that have accidents is just mind blowing..especially when the dealer is still asking top dollar for it. Just blows my mind. I recently checked those with the accidents and they are still forsale. been looking for over 2-3 months. Does not surprise me one bit. I am getting the same thing with a few BMW X5M's. So be smart and do your homework first.
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 12:31 PM   #77
ryan stewart
Major
1147
Rep
1,072
Posts

Drives: 2008 328it
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I am under the impression there will be a lot of running around and crying when people see the negative equity situations they got themselves into.
I'm hoping so, especially with motorcycles. There's a couple ones I want to get and I'm hoping I can get a deal when people stop riding them.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 02:43 PM   #78
P1
Major General
P1's Avatar
United_States
8519
Rep
9,914
Posts

Drives: Cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Unless you find yourself in a bind, why would anyone proactively purchase a COVID car? And with COVID car, I mean built with many features missing that would otherwise be standard.
Appreciate 3
zx10guy3600.00
nazali251.50
      12-29-2021, 06:46 AM   #79
CarMan77
First Lieutenant
United_States
372
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2021 Porsche Cay
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

I decided I did not need a vehicle as large as my X7 M50i. I picked up the X7 in May 2021, paid $103k on a $107k sticker. I traded on 2022 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid and dealer gave me $100k. I paid sticker for the Porsche; however, received $7500 tax credit. The Porsche is not missing any features. For a while, they were taking out the tilt/telescope module on steering column, and adding as they become available.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 08:53 AM   #80
Bimmersandmopars
First Lieutenant
391
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMan77 View Post
I decided I did not need a vehicle as large as my X7 M50i. I picked up the X7 in May 2021, paid $103k on a $107k sticker. I traded on 2022 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid and dealer gave me $100k. I paid sticker for the Porsche; however, received $7500 tax credit. The Porsche is not missing any features. For a while, they were taking out the tilt/telescope module on steering column, and adding as they become available.
Do you miss anything about the X7 M50I? And driving wise how would you compare it to the Cayanne power and handling wise?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #81
Onesie
Lieutenant Colonel
Onesie's Avatar
2847
Rep
1,859
Posts

Drives: _
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: he from the north he from the canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMan77 View Post
I decided I did not need a vehicle as large as my X7 M50i. I picked up the X7 in May 2021, paid $103k on a $107k sticker. I traded on 2022 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid and dealer gave me $100k. I paid sticker for the Porsche; however, received $7500 tax credit. The Porsche is not missing any features. For a while, they were taking out the tilt/telescope module on steering column, and adding as they become available.
Do you miss anything about the X7 M50I? And driving wise how would you compare it to the Cayanne power and handling wise?
Let me guess, he should have gone with a Durango Hellcat? jk
__________________
LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #82
CarMan77
First Lieutenant
United_States
372
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2021 Porsche Cay
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMan77 View Post
I decided I did not need a vehicle as large as my X7 M50i. I picked up the X7 in May 2021, paid $103k on a $107k sticker. I traded on 2022 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid and dealer gave me $100k. I paid sticker for the Porsche; however, received $7500 tax credit. The Porsche is not missing any features. For a while, they were taking out the tilt/telescope module on steering column, and adding as they become available.
Do you miss anything about the X7 M50I? And driving wise how would you compare it to the Cayanne power and handling wise?
Actually, I do not miss the X7 at all. BMW's interface is much more user friendly than the Porsche. The Cayenne's handling, driver engagement, and size suited my driving style better. No comparison between the two from a power delivery standpoint. The M50i is a wonderful power train. The Cayenne can move if pressed, but nothing sounds like a 8 cylinder.

I had an X5 M50i previously, and I thought I wanted an X7. I don't have room for 3 cars, so my daily is my everything vehicle. I only need the X7 space a couple times a year. Honestly, I prefer my Cayenne to the X5 M50i as well. I wanted a GTS but they are VERY scarce.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #83
zx10guy
Colonel
3600
Rep
2,849
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Picked up my Toyota from the body shop today. The rep at the body shop said I'm lucky even with the delays in getting my car done. He said a lady just stopped off at the shop with the same car as mine. Hit an errant tire on the road and trashed the front corner of her car up. Rep said Toyota has no idea when the parts are going to be actually made. So there is no stock anywhere for the parts required to fix that lady's car which happened to the same parts required to fix mine.

Things seem to be getting worse....not better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 1
P18519.00
      12-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #84
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
cmyx6go's Avatar
8442
Rep
1,771
Posts

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Picked up my Toyota from the body shop today. The rep at the body shop said I'm lucky even with the delays in getting my car done. He said a lady just stopped off at the shop with the same car as mine. Hit an errant tire on the road and trashed the front corner of her car up. Rep said Toyota has no idea when the parts are going to be actually made. So there is no stock anywhere for the parts required to fix that lady's car which happened to the same parts required to fix mine.

Things seem to be getting worse....not better.
That sucks, glad you're back on the road finally.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 1
zx10guy3600.00
      12-29-2021, 03:56 PM   #85
Jbrown7403
Second Lieutenant
Jbrown7403's Avatar
United_States
564
Rep
298
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M4
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin Texas

iTrader: (0)

Fun to check this periodically…… pretty crazy, IMO…

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-trends/BMW-M4-d2258
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 04:15 PM   #86
strohw
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: CT4 Blackwing
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
Fun to check this periodically…… pretty crazy, IMO…
Is the reason the 16 seems out of place in comparison to the numbers from 15 thru 20 because it's the first year you could get a comp version?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #87
Jbrown7403
Second Lieutenant
Jbrown7403's Avatar
United_States
564
Rep
298
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M4
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
Is the reason the 16 seems out of place in comparison to the numbers from 15 thru 20 because it's the first year you could get a comp version?
That’s my guess.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.




g80
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST