BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-22-2021, 01:08 PM   #419
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
It's here!
Damn, that's sick looking. I wish I was able to see it in person and I believe I am as happy as you. I have followed your build and posts and look forward to seeing your mods to car.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #420
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD IOMG

Congrats man! Looks sick. Do you know what that circle is next to the right bumper and why the cover is missing? Looks like a tow hook maybe?
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #421
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post
Congrats man! Looks sick. Do you know what that circle is next to the right bumper and why the cover is missing? Looks like a tow hook maybe?
That’s exactly what that is
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 01:35 PM   #422
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
it's here!
we need more pics!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 01:40 PM   #423
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
That’s exactly what that is
Got it. Should that be covered though? Looks like it might be missing a panel.

I've seen it missing on other BMWs too i'm pretty sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #424
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

Quote:
I'm going to go the Select finance route on this one. I typically don't keep cars longer than 2-4 years but the M3 has been a dream car for me for many years so I'm hoping that this one will actually be around long term. If for some reason I get the itch to sell though, I should be able benefit from the lower monthly payment with Select and still be able to cover the balloon given the values on cars now. Plus, historically speaking the M3 has held its value decently well so it should be worth at least what the balloon payment will be in 5 years time with semi low mileage on it.

With regards to PPF, this is my first time doing it in a car. I want to make sure the paint stays as nice as possible because 1) BMW paint is soft and my X3 looks terrible after only 2 years, 2) having chosen an individual color it won't be the easiest/cheapest to repair, and 3) if this does really turn into a long term car for me I want it to look nice for as long as it possibly can.

With regard to the LCI, it doesn't bother me much about it coming out next year. iDrive 8 itself would be a nice upgrade but I'm not a fan of the screens at all, especially on a car like the M3.
For those of you that got PPF; did you relay specific instructions to your dealer not to wash the car and to leave as much of the factory shipping coverings as possible? This will be my first time getting PPF on a car and while it's a short 30 min drive from the dealership to the PPF installer I'm concerned about picking up rock chips along the way.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 02:00 PM   #425
M4Suns6
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler, Mercedes AMG 35

Quote:
It's here!
She's stunning, absolutely love your car.

Congrats on the new ride, one of these days we'll get together when I get mine!
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 02:02 PM   #426
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Quote:
It's here!
Damn, that's sick looking. I wish I was able to see it in person and I believe I am as happy as you. I have followed your build and posts and look forward to seeing your mods to car.
Thanks!
Quote:
Yep, tow hook cover. They are always off upon delivery as that is how they are secured down on the boat. The tow hook cover should be sitting in the truck to be installed during the PDI process. I also have a purple tow hook with a Twilight Purple painted slotted cover from IND coming so I won't fret too much if it went completely missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Quote:
it's here!
we need more pics!!!!!!!!
For sure! Once I take delivery and get all my IND and M perf parts installed I'll get more photos posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr_M3 View Post
Quote:
I'm going to go the Select finance route on this one. I typically don't keep cars longer than 2-4 years but the M3 has been a dream car for me for many years so I'm hoping that this one will actually be around long term. If for some reason I get the itch to sell though, I should be able benefit from the lower monthly payment with Select and still be able to cover the balloon given the values on cars now. Plus, historically speaking the M3 has held its value decently well so it should be worth at least what the balloon payment will be in 5 years time with semi low mileage on it.

With regards to PPF, this is my first time doing it in a car. I want to make sure the paint stays as nice as possible because 1) BMW paint is soft and my X3 looks terrible after only 2 years, 2) having chosen an individual color it won't be the easiest/cheapest to repair, and 3) if this does really turn into a long term car for me I want it to look nice for as long as it possibly can.

With regard to the LCI, it doesn't bother me much about it coming out next year. iDrive 8 itself would be a nice upgrade but I'm not a fan of the screens at all, especially on a car like the M3.
For those of you that got PPF; did you relay specific instructions to your dealer not to wash the car and to leave as much of the factory shipping coverings as possible? This will be my first time getting PPF on a car and while it's a short 30 min drive from the dealership to the PPF installer I'm concerned about picking up rock chips along the way.
I'm not concerned about the dealership doing the initial wash and detail. It will get corrected before PPF and ceramic is applied. My appointment for that isn't until next Monday so they'll also remove all shipping protections as well.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #427
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Suns6 View Post
Quote:
It's here!
She's stunning, absolutely love your car.

Congrats on the new ride, one of these days we'll get together when I get mine!
Thanks!

Yes, we should definitely get a Phoenix meet going as there are several of us on the board now that have the cars.

Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
M4Suns622.50
      11-22-2021, 02:12 PM   #428
CT7515
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

My M3 cleared the RAM last night - now waiting for a car carrier - landed in NJ on 11/7
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 02:15 PM   #429
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr_M3 View Post
Yes, I specifically requested not to remove any plastics and not to wash it.
He did exactly that, but all exterior plastics except the ones on the rocker panels were removed at the VPC.
Dealer kept all stickers, labels and plastics, most of which were in the interior.

I've used painters tape on my previous car (M2C) to get to the PPF installer, but it was about an hour drive on the interstate.
For local drives, I'd just cover the high impact areas; behind the wheels, rear fenders, rockers, just in case.
If you're really anal about it, you could get the Tracwrap from Xpel to temporarily cover the fronts too.
Appreciate 1
adr_M3368.50
      11-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #430
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

Yes, we should definitely get a Phoenix meet going as there are several of us on the board now that have the cars.
I'd be down! Getting an IOMG over Tartufo coming in sometime this week.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 02:43 PM   #431
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

Yep, tow hook cover. They are always off upon delivery as that is how they are secured down on the boat. The tow hook cover should be sitting in the truck to be installed during the PDI process. I also have a purple tow hook with a Twilight Purple painted slotted cover from IND coming so I won't fret too much if it went completely missing.

For sure! Once I take delivery and get all my IND and M perf parts installed I'll get more photos posted.

I'm not concerned about the dealership doing the initial wash and detail. It will get corrected before PPF and ceramic is applied. My appointment for that isn't until next Monday so they'll also remove all shipping protections as well.
Cool - could you elaborate on what you mean by the PDI process and also what the IND is?

PDI I assume means post delivery inspection process? So are those pics without the cover that the dealer sent you and ideally you should be getting them re-added once you take delivery? Not sure what IND is though
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 02:55 PM   #432
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

Cool - could you elaborate on what you mean by the PDI process and also what the IND is?

PDI I assume means post delivery inspection process? So are those pics without the cover that the dealer sent you and ideally you should be getting them re-added once you take delivery? Not sure what IND is though
Yeah, those photos are from my CA right after it was unloaded from the truck so it hadn't gone through any inspection at the dealership. PDI = Pre-delivery inspection which means they go through and check that everything is in working order, remove the shipping blocks, etc.

IND = IND Distribution:

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...3-m4-tow-strap

Appreciate 1
dimmy169.00
      11-22-2021, 03:40 PM   #433
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:

Keep in mind your car will still look bad as the PPF absorbs and shows the blow from rocks, etc. Your car will look good for next owner when peeled off tho...otherwise you will need to keep getting PPF replaced as it wears.

Having said that I put on my 911 for peace of mind knowing the car was most likely not getting hurt...even tho that is not near 100% either as larger rocks will still get thru.

My 17 M3 front looked pretty bad as the PFF started to look ragged after a year or two but it mostly protected the paint when taken off for trade in.

Last edited by gohawks23; 11-22-2021 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 03:51 PM   #434
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

chicagofan00 Could you do me a favor once you get the car (or for anyone that currently has it)?

I want to know if the car has led door projectors like the G20 / M340 does. When you unlock the car with the fob or open the door it projects the three M lines all the way across the back of the car on each side. I've looked at some videos and this doesn't seem to have it, but maybe the option has to be turned on? Would just be weird if the 330 / M340 has it and they decided to remove that feature for the M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 04:47 PM   #435
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohawks23 View Post
Quote:

Keep in mind your car will still look bad as the PPF absorbs and shows the blow from rocks, etc. Your car will look good for next owner when peeled off tho...otherwise you will need to keep getting PPF replaced as it wears.

Having said that I put on my 911 for peace of mind knowing the car was most likely not getting hurt...even tho that is not near 100% either as larger rocks will still get thru.

My 17 M3 front looked pretty bad as the PFF started to look ragged after a year or two but it mostly protected the paint when taken off for trade in.
I'd much rather the PPF have the battle scars than the paint itself.

Quote:
chicagofan00 Could you do me a favor once you get the car (or for anyone that currently has it)?

I want to know if the car has led door projectors like the G20 / M340 does. When you unlock the car with the fob or open the door it projects the three M lines all the way across the back of the car on each side. I've looked at some videos and this doesn't seem to have it, but maybe the option has to be turned on? Would just be weird if the 330 / M340 has it and they decided to remove that feature for the M3.
The M3/M4 does not have the welcome carpet lighting unfortunately.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 04:48 PM   #436
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

That's such a weird thing to take out lol. Oh well
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #437
astroricardo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx TR/Tartufo

Quote:
It's here!
Nice! I thought about Daytona Violet, but I'm going with Toronto Red
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 05:15 PM   #438
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

That's such a weird thing to take out lol. Oh well
I agree! I think it has something to do with the side skirts, etc. 🤷🏻*♂️
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroricardo View Post
Quote:
It's here!
Nice! I thought about Daytona Violet, but I'm going with Toronto Red
Daytona would have been cool! TR is a great color as well. Definitely pops!

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 05:25 PM   #439
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I agree! I think it has something to do with the side skirts, etc. 🤷🏻*♂️

Daytona would have been cool! TR is a great color as well. Definitely pops!
Ahhh ok, that might make sense. Would much rather take those side skirts then
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-22-2021, 06:00 PM   #440
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Yep, but wait until you see it since you have never had...the ugly scuffed torn peeling yellowing PPF...its like you are preserving the paint for the next owner...haha.
Appreciate 0