BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-18-2021, 09:49 AM   #397
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Thanks!

I spoke to my CA this evening and he said they put a rush order on it to get delivered but also concede the fact that probably every single dealership is putting rush order on their sold cars so it may not mean much at the end of the day. He seemed to think there is hope that I can take delivery this weekend.
Awesome! Mine just flipped to closed this morning too
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019147.50
      11-18-2021, 10:14 AM   #398
M4Suns6
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler, Mercedes AMG 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post

Mine flipped to closed as well. 11/5 to 11/18 with the RAM stop sale in Port H. M4 Competition Cvt
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 10:14 AM   #399
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Picked up the car yesterday. This......car........is........amazing!!!

Wow! Good luck to everyone waiting for their car. Don't lose hope. I almost did. Almost canceled countless times if my car kept getting pushed back. I thought i was going to get the car initially in under 2 months. Then went to 3 months. And almost 4 months but i got it in under 4 months. It was definitely worth waiting. The pics or videos you can ever watch online doesn't do it justice. When i saw it in the flesh, in my spec, i was like holy shit. I'll probably post the shitty pic i took yesterday, later on today.

If not, i'll take better pics when i have time and post it in a different thread.

But i don't need to go back to this section of the forum anymore lol.

Good luck everyone! And congrats to those who got their car too!!
Congrats my friend happy for you - enjoy in good health
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 10:16 AM   #400
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
I’ve an M4 on similar timelines, but about 10 days before you. QC took less than a day for me. See here for detailed timelines (first post): https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1845109

Have you asked your CA for follow up?
Many, many times. No answers… supposedly the production rep looked into it 2-3 weeks ago and said it would be done by the end of the week. That was 2 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #401
NotACarGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

I spoke to my CA this evening and he said they put a rush order on it to get delivered but also concede the fact that probably every single dealership is putting rush order on their sold cars so it may not mean much at the end of the day. He seemed to think there is hope that I can take delivery this weekend.
Congrats! What date did you hit port? And which port?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 11:16 AM   #402
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

Congrats!

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:33 PM   #403
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

BMW Genius said an estimated dealer delivery date of 11/22 but not sure if that's accurate.

chicagofan00 Do you know if yours is on a carrier yet or still at the port? Does your status still say "At the port" or has it changed to in transit again?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:45 PM   #404
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotACarGuy View Post
Congrats! What date did you hit port? And which port?
11/5 Port Huenemenenemenenenene
11/18 RAM stop sale closed
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:47 PM   #405
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
11/5 Port Huenemenenemenenenene
11/18 RAM stop sale closed
What site are you using to track your stop sales?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:55 PM   #406
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
What site are you using to track your stop sales?
https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/?vin=YOUR_VIN_HERE

Replace YOUR_VIN_HERE with your actual vin and paste that in the URL.

It will show you a list of what stop sales you have and whether they're open or closed (under VIN STATUS).

It aligns exactly with when the work order for that particular stop sale as been completed. I have the one for the receiver audio module and it's been open as of last night. I check first thing this morning and it said closed. I called BMW Genius and sure enough the person on the other line says good news your work order has just been completed as of this morning, so it's a very reliable tool. If you just call in they won't know when it will be completed so your best bet is to just bookmark that page and keep refreshing till it says closed for your stop sales.

After that the car will get put on a carrier and delivered to your dealer which could take days or maybe a week depending on where you are
Appreciate 2
      11-18-2021, 05:13 PM   #407
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/?vin=YOUR_VIN_HERE

Replace YOUR_VIN_HERE with your actual vin and paste that in the URL.

It will show you a list of what stop sales you have and whether they're open or closed (under VIN STATUS).

It aligns exactly with when the work order for that particular stop sale as been completed. I have the one for the receiver audio module and it's been open as of last night. I check first thing this morning and it said closed. I called BMW Genius and sure enough the person on the other line says good news your work order has just been completed as of this morning, so it's a very reliable tool. If you just call in they won't know when it will be completed so your best bet is to just bookmark that page and keep refreshing till it says closed for your stop sales.

After that the car will get put on a carrier and delivered to your dealer which could take days or maybe a week depending on where you are
Mine says “no open issues found” and always has. My car arrived to Port Brunswick this morning and is officially checked/ scanned in to “port”. Still “no open issues found” on that website using my VIN.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 05:42 PM   #408
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
BMW Genius said an estimated dealer delivery date of 11/22 but not sure if that's accurate.

chicagofan00 Do you know if yours is on a carrier yet or still at the port? Does your status still say "At the port" or has it changed to in transit again?
Still at port for me. Was really hoping I'd get loaded on a truck today.
Attached Images

Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 07:35 AM   #409
JaeAhn
Rep
Drives: BMW 530xi

Wow finally the RAM issue has been resolved after 4 weeks waiting at NJ port.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019147.50
      11-22-2021, 09:16 AM   #410
M4Suns6
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler, Mercedes AMG 35

Quote:
Same here!! We'll see if my dealer has updated info or was simply guessing about it arriving today.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 09:19 AM   #411
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Suns6 View Post
Quote:
Same here!! We'll see if my dealer has updated info or was simply guessing about it arriving today.
I'm still showing as in transit. This is either the slowest truck from Oxnard to Phoenix or my car fell off the truck and they are trying to locate which part of the I-10 it fell off at.

Seriously having trouble understanding why it would take so long to get here. Just hoping I can take delivery by Wednesday and I can go into the long weekend with the car. Especially given that I have my PPF and ceramic appointment scheduled for next Monday.

Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3513.00
      11-22-2021, 10:07 AM   #412
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm still showing as in transit. This is either the slowest truck from Oxnard to Phoenix or my car fell off the truck and they are trying to locate which part of the I-10 it fell off at.

Seriously having trouble understanding why it would take so long to get here. Just hoping I can take delivery by Wednesday and I can go into the long weekend with the car. Especially given that I have my PPF and ceramic appointment scheduled for next Monday.
Mine still says at port lol, even though my SA said it should arrive within a day or two.

Are you keeping yours or leasing? Asking cause of the PPF / Ceramic. I had my first PPFd but have decided i'd probably not do it again, only because i'll probably sell it within 3 - 5 years anyways. I might do ceramic just because it will make washes easier / cheaper.

It's also kinda fucked up that the LCI model is already coming out in the summer which is just shitty on BMWs part for releasing a brand new model right before a refreshed one with new lights and iDrive 8.

Some people aren't fans of the new iDrive 8 touch screen stuff though, and are actually glad they're getting these models and plan to keep them long term, so there's that aspect too. I personally think once they see the new screens in their loaners (when dropping off their M3s for service) they'll never want to go back. That's usually what it's like with the new tech.

I'm personally trying to decide it makes more sense to lease and jump into another LCI model in 3 years, or maybe do BMW select for 5 years to get the smaller monthly payment and be stuck with a 30k balloon payment at the end (which I'd hope a 5 year old M3 with 50-60k miles would trade in for if not more).

Decisions

P.S. I hope i'm not dissuading you or anything btw! Just sharing my two cents in case you haven't even thought of this stuff. Either way the core engine and all that are going to be the same either way and the current iDrive 7 is still new enough. One thing i'll say is that I hate the new gauges on the iDrive 8 stuff. They're weird diamonds. Looks god awful and I hope those change for the M cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 10:54 AM   #413
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Mine still says at port lol, even though my SA said it should arrive within a day or two.

Are you keeping yours or leasing? Asking cause of the PPF / Ceramic. I had my first PPFd but have decided i'd probably not do it again, only because i'll probably sell it within 3 - 5 years anyways. I might do ceramic just because it will make washes easier / cheaper.

It's also kinda fucked up that the LCI model is already coming out in the summer which is just shitty on BMWs part for releasing a brand new model right before a refreshed one with new lights and iDrive 8.

Some people aren't fans of the new iDrive 8 touch screen stuff though, and are actually glad they're getting these models and plan to keep them long term, so there's that aspect too. I personally think once they see the new screens in their loaners (when dropping off their M3s for service) they'll never want to go back. That's usually what it's like with the new tech.

I'm personally trying to decide it makes more sense to lease and jump into another LCI model in 3 years, or maybe do BMW select for 5 years to get the smaller monthly payment and be stuck with a 30k balloon payment at the end (which I'd hope a 5 year old M3 with 50-60k miles would trade in for if not more).

Decisions

P.S. I hope i'm not dissuading you or anything btw! Just sharing my two cents in case you haven't even thought of this stuff. Either way the core engine and all that are going to be the same either way and the current iDrive 7 is still new enough. One thing i'll say is that I hate the new gauges on the iDrive 8 stuff. They're weird diamonds. Looks god awful and I hope those change for the M cars.
I'm going to go the Select finance route on this one. I typically don't keep cars longer than 2-4 years but the M3 has been a dream car for me for many years so I'm hoping that this one will actually be around long term. If for some reason I get the itch to sell though, I should be able benefit from the lower monthly payment with Select and still be able to cover the balloon given the values on cars now. Plus, historically speaking the M3 has held its value decently well so it should be worth at least what the balloon payment will be in 5 years time with semi low mileage on it.

With regards to PPF, this is my first time doing it in a car. I want to make sure the paint stays as nice as possible because 1) BMW paint is soft and my X3 looks terrible after only 2 years, 2) having chosen an individual color it won't be the easiest/cheapest to repair, and 3) if this does really turn into a long term car for me I want it to look nice for as long as it possibly can.

With regard to the LCI, it doesn't bother me much about it coming out next year. iDrive 8 itself would be a nice upgrade but I'm not a fan of the screens at all, especially on a car like the M3.

Appreciate 2
dimmy169.00
adr_M3368.50
      11-22-2021, 10:59 AM   #414
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Quote:

Decisions

You bring up great points, but my time daily driving a 997.2 Carrera S recently has taught me I really don't need the latest and greatest tech in my cars. And this is coming from someone in their late 20s who works in a tech vertical and upgrades iPhones annually.

I have no doubt iDrive 8 will be great, and I'm sure the LCI will bring cosmetic improvements, but if the G80 is as good of a car as I think it is, I'm not sure I'll care all that much. I have a feeling we're getting to a point in vehicle production where the cars of today / last 10 years will be revered as "modern-enough" without going full digital. A nice in-between for those of us who value technology and driver engagement.

I also believe there is some aesthetic beauty to a traditional gauge cluster instead of two large screens. Shoot, even the fully analog gauges in my 997 make me smile from time to time.

All this being a long preamble to my preference of taking delivery of the M3 now, rather than late 2022 / early 2023. I'm a serial planner and certainly believe looking to tomorrow is important, but great cars are great cars — an LCI refresh isn't going to change that.

Appreciate 1
dimmy169.00
      11-22-2021, 11:17 AM   #415
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Great points gents

As someone who's had the 21' M3 Comp (RWD) briefly before it was totaled, all I can say is that you guys are in for a treat. I can't wait to see how the xDrive version works. My RS5 B9 already launches like a monster and this one is a good half second faster, so I can't even imagine. I've heard a youtuber who's had numerous high end cars say it launches as hard as his R8 (maybe harder) which is mind boggling for a practical sedan.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      11-22-2021, 11:49 AM   #416
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
It's here!
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
      11-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #417
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
It's here!
Absolutely stunning!!! Wow

If you're in the Chicago area I can't wait to see that thing around — congrats!

Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019147.50
      11-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #418
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRock View Post
Quote:
It's here!
Absolutely stunning!!! Wow

If you're in the Chicago area I can't wait to see that thing around — congrats!
Thanks!

My username here is a tad misleading. I'm out in Phoenix.

Appreciate 0