BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-03-2024, 02:41 PM   #1
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

ASD Sound w/ LOC and Technic PnP Harness

Is anybody running a LOC w/ the Technic PnP harness who's having drone/rattling from either the USW or the passenger door speaker?

Prior to running the LOC I simply ran speaker level inputs directly into an AudioControl ACM-2.300 amp which powered the USW and everything worked and sounded great.

Started to crave more bass (so I added a trunk sub & an audio control LC-1.800 amp) so I disconnected the speaker level inputs and connect the LOC to the harness and split the LOCs preamp outputs (using RCA Y cables) and now I'm noticing significant drone/rattles under the floors as well as the passenger door speaker. Generally speaking, it sounds like exaggerated ASD (which I've coded off via Bimmercode) around the 3-4k RPM range. The only exhaust mod I have is an SST valve controller which sounded great and is working w/o any issues. Just not sure if the LOC harness has now introduced some fake exhaust sounds into the cabin?

LOC<RCA Y Cables>ACM-2.300 - 2 SWS -8 USW
<RCA Y Cables>LC-1.800 - 1 12" Clarion Sub
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 04:31 PM   #2
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep

So the LOC is definitely introducing the drone/rattle into the cabin. When connected via speaker level inputs (taking the LOC & RCAs out of the connection) the sound is no longer present.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 05:24 PM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

The ASD in your car is not fully disabled. LOC cannot create sound that is not input.

There is no connection between the woofers (connected to the LOC high level inputs) and other speakers, harness or no harness.

If Booster wires were cut before this installation then that is a problem not related to the harness/LOC.
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas828.00
      05-03-2024, 05:32 PM   #4
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The ASD in your car is not fully disabled. LOC cannot create sound that is not input.

There is no connection between the woofers (connected to the LOC high level inputs) and other speakers, harness or no harness.
I’ve heard/read that BimmerCode doesn’t fully disable ASD (only 80-90%). Any solution to address this?

What’s the diff/delta btw the LOCs harness connection and the bypass which only utilizes the two white wires? Is it possible it’s a setting on the LOC which can be “tuned” or reduced to help address the droning?
Appreciate 0