BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-07-2022, 06:02 PM   #1
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Dealership Experience: Idaho

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I’ve got to ask:
What is wrong with these people?
Does anyone other than the scum of the Earth work at BMW dealerships in Idaho?
I had a very similar interaction with another dealer in Idaho.

In NY it was so easy, you just tell them the price that you were willing to pay, they tell you what they want, you agree then and there and they sell a car (or not) whatever. I tried calling up the guy I used to buy from in NY and he’s not there anymore, Rallye. I had good experiences with them… but these Idaho guys are unbelievable. Sign, for any amount of money we say or we’ll give your car to someone else.

For 1 year I’ve had a $10k deposit down with Idaho Falls, been in touch every month with the rep who was supposedly working to get me a car. He calls me yesterday to tell me he finally has an allocation for me, I agree to his terms including a $15,000k up charge CaUsE it’S SPEciAl (some Jahre badge BS).

I give him my order and am prepared to buy this ~$115k car with VERY limited options… and he calls me back to say if I won’t agree to sign to buy the car NOW, with NO price (he doesn’t know the price), if I don’t agree to buy the car for ANY price they name, they’ll give it to someone else.

WTF?

BMW can kiss my ass.
I’m done, it ain’t worth this shit.

Last thing he says, so… do you still want me to look for an M3 for you?

Uh, no.
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2022, 06:04 PM   #2
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

A year and no allocation?? That would have been a hard pass for me 6 months ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 06:05 PM   #3
DO444
Banned
Rep

And the cherry on top is today’s, just sign on the dotted line.. no price listed, or the year you waited is forfeit.

These guys are unreal.
Appreciate 1
nathanm4683.00
      05-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #4
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

There is a BMW dealership in Idaho? Why?
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3399.00
      05-07-2022, 06:36 PM   #5
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Yea lol,
That’s a question I should have asked myself. I will look at other vehicles for as long as I am here. BMW here is garbage. There’s 2 dealers in the state and they both act like they shit gold bricks.

This was crazy though. I’ve heard some strange things from dealers but I doubt this is legal in any sense, signing for a car that they can’t even give a price on, and hinting it will be $35k over MSRP… maybe more, who knows.

I shouldn’t be shocked, but idk that’s egregiously greedy. And to be Frank Idgaf about the m3. This is not a flex, I was simply buying it cause I could. I’m not anymore.

For that money I might as well go get a taycan
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 06:50 PM   #6
G82Anxious
At The Port
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S

Maybe they only get 1 allocation all year...thus their behavior..
Appreciate 1
MMM.PWR3452.00
      05-07-2022, 06:54 PM   #7
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

Name and shame bro
      05-07-2022, 07:05 PM   #8
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G82Anxious View Post
Maybe they only get 1 allocation all year...thus their behavior..
I mean, that’s actually probably true!
But, I patiently waited gave them a good size deposit… and I agreed to their ridiculous $15k up charge yesterday.

Then today they come fishing for more. I signed the deposit with them for an M3 for $1k under MSRP last year. I don’t mind waiting, not in a rush, but this is pathetic.

It’s no wonder they get 1 allocation a year with the way they act no one is ever going to do repeat business with them. I don’t know how they manage to sell anything like this.

I’m going to have to look outside the state if I’m going to continue to buy BMW’s. This is the second bad experience I’ve had in Idaho. Let this be a warning if you’re planning to buy a car around here, don’t do it.

Save yourself the trouble and deal with an out of state purchase.
I imagine it’s the same in all the large cities, but in NY there were no games. If you had the money they had the car, the end.

Is this the message the brand wants to send, only broke morons who got robbed blind drive our cars?

It’s really terrible.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2022, 07:07 PM   #9
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

Peterson BMW? wow I would never agree to a 10k deposit, 1 year of them holding is kicking you while you are on the gorund. That 10K could be collecting interest etc for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 07:19 PM   #10
YamaLink
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: rust-free '93 Toyota 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MeraldCity_G82 View Post
Peterson BMW? wow I would never agree to a 10k deposit, 1 year of them holding is kicking you while you are on the gorund. That 10K could be collecting interest etc for you.
OP wrote Idaho Falls. Peterson is in Boise. Peterson wanted a $5000 refundable deposit from me, and said it'd be at least a 6 month wait for allocation. I bought mine from Bellevue, allocation in less than 4 weeks. Picking up M4 soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 07:24 PM   #11
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink View Post
OP wrote Idaho Falls. Peterson is in Boise. Peterson wanted a $5000 refundable deposit from me, and said it'd be at least a 6 month wait for allocation. I bought mine from Bellevue, allocation in less than 4 weeks. Picking up M4 soon.
Want to give a name to whoever you dealt with in Bellevue?
It just so happens I am again looking for a car lol.

I would never deal with Boise again, but frankly... Idaho Falls is even worse. I don't even think Boise would pull this but hey, anything is possible.

Eventually these guys are going to end up with no one buying anything from them. It's not a huge market here. BMW ought to look into why this state does such shit sales... hint hint, it's the management at the two dealerships here acting like retards.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 07:33 PM   #12
YamaLink
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: rust-free '93 Toyota 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
Want to give a name to whoever you dealt with in Bellevue?
Reza at Bellevue BMW. Excellent to deal with since Day 1.

I believe a lot has changed with their pricing policy since my build started early 2022, the shortage and crazy demand. At that time it was MSRP for orders, and ADM for M's on the lot. I don't know what sort of pricing Bellevue has now for allocation orders.
Appreciate 1
DO4441410.50
      05-07-2022, 07:36 PM   #13
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink View Post
Reza at Bellevue BMW. Excellent to deal with since Day 1.

I believe a lot has changed with their pricing policy since my build started early 2022, the shortage and crazy demand. At that time it was MSRP for orders, and ADM for M's on the lot. I don't know what sort of pricing Bellevue has now for allocation orders.
Ok thanks,
it's worth a shot.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 07:48 PM   #14
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

LOL at calling the salesman scum. They have no control over pricing and are doing what upper management/ownership is telling them to do. It is just a car, relax. This is the current state of the market, it is what it is. All BMW dealers in the PNW have long lists so you will be waiting.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 07:54 PM   #15
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
For 1 year I’ve had a $10k deposit down with Idaho Falls, been in touch every month with the rep who was supposedly working to get me a car. He calls me yesterday to tell me he finally has an allocation for me, I agree to his terms including a $15,000k up charge CaUsE it’S SPEciAl (some Jahre badge BS).

I give him my order and am prepared to buy this ~$115k car with VERY limited options… and he calls me back to say if I won’t agree to sign to buy the car NOW, with NO price (he doesn’t know the price), if I don’t agree to buy the car for ANY price they name, they’ll give it to someone else.
Looks like a terrible dealer. On the other side, why would you give them $10k deposit to be on the waitlist. If you didnt make any progress for a few months, i would have reached out to other dealers. I was on 4 different dealer waitlist and was also talking to 2 other dealers to get an allocation. This is the case with several of us here.

BMW has not revealed the pricing on 50th Jahre edition and its not dealers fault. In the current market, most dealers are trying to take advantage of uneducated customers even for a Honda and this isnt surprising.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 08:08 PM   #16
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Looks like a terrible dealer. On the other side, why would you give them $10k deposit to be on the waitlist. If you didnt make any progress for a few months, i would have reached out to other dealers. I was on 4 different dealer waitlist and was also talking to 2 other dealers to get an allocation. This is the case with several of us here.

BMW has not revealed the pricing on 50th Jahre edition and its not dealers fault. In the current market, most dealers are trying to take advantage of uneducated customers even for a Honda and this isnt surprising.
Idc about the time frame, was not in a rush at all.
I gave them a decent deposit just to let them know I was serious and wanted the car. It’s not a big deal, I’ll get the deposit back.

What is a big deal, agreeing to sell the car, agreeing to their up charge and then them coming back for $20,000 more with the demand to buy the car NOW, without a price, or lose it. Sign for the car, no price given, the price is whatever we say it is when it gets here.

If you don’t find that a big deal, don’t know what to tell ya. I wouldn’t have known they’d do that… until they did it. Never had a dealer ever try something that scummy before and I have seen my fair share.

I don’t hold much of anything against the salesman, did I write that?
It’s very clearly shit management. If I wrote salesman then I misspoke. It’s definitely the management. I already told the salesman I didn’t hold it against him. He is however doing the dirty work, so it ain’t like he’s my buddy. I doubt he cares either way. So, all in all less integrity than I’d like but that’s neither here nor there.

He personally agreed to sell me a car $1k under MSRP so, to then come back and ask for another $15k and have me accept that… and then come back the next day and tell me if I don’t sign now with the above mentioned details that the car is gone, well you know…

If you think that’s the kind of people you want to do business with have it. I wouldn’t have known these things until they happened. It’s not normal.

All that being said, I don’t have much concern for the salesman’s feelings in this matter. I don’t find him to be particularly offensive and I’m certain beyond all doubt this is management. There’s no doubt about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 08:19 PM   #17
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What is a big deal, agreeing to sell the car, agreeing to their up charge and then them coming back for $20,000 more with the demand to buy the car NOW, without a price, or lose it. Sign for the car, no price given, the price is whatever we say it is when it gets here.

He personally agreed to sell me a car $1k under MSRP so, to then come back and ask for another $15k and have me accept that… and then come back the next day and tell me if I don’t sign now with the above mentioned details that the car is gone, well you know…
Yeah I totally agree. CAs are trying to do what they have been directed by their management.

Looks like your CA agreed to sell a regular MY22 below MSRP but the allocation which they have is 50th Jahre edition which is limited to 500 units in North America. Everyone who placed an order for that one has agreed on it without knowing the MSRP as BMW has not revealed it. There have been reports that several dealers are charging ADM for this model as well. What is your CA going to charge you if they get a regular MY23 allocation in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 08:26 PM   #18
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I totally agree. CAs are trying to do what they have been directed by their management.

Looks like your CA agreed to sell a regular MY22 below MSRP but the allocation which they have is 50th Jahre edition which is limited to 500 units in North America. Everyone who placed an order for that one has agreed on it without knowing the MSRP as BMW has not revealed it. There have been reports that several dealers are charging ADM for this model as well. What is your CA going to charge you if they get a regular MY23 allocation in the future.
Who knows?
Haven’t heard a word from them since last summer.
Salesman was not particularly confident they’d even see another M3 this year lol.

I didn’t ask for this particular car, I don’t care about jahre.
It just happens I’m on their waitlist and they told me it was my car, sent me the form, asked me what I wanted, told me it’d be roughly $15k upcharge (I agreed to it), then today they tell me they’re giving the car to someone else unless I agree to buy it now at whatever cost it comes in at regardless but they said another $20k was likely, maybe more!

It’s horrible business practices, possibly illegal, and they should be shamed for it.
I’m not buying anything through Idaho falls, that is done now.
After this I very much doubt they’d honor whatever agreement was in place anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 08:53 PM   #19
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It just happens I’m on their waitlist and they told me it was my car, sent me the form, asked me what I wanted, told me it’d be roughly $15k upcharge (I agreed to it), then today they tell me they’re giving the car to someone else unless I agree to buy it now at whatever cost it comes in at regardless but they said another $20k was likely, maybe more!

It’s horrible business practices, possibly illegal, and they should be shamed for it.
I’m not buying anything through Idaho falls, that is done now.
After this I very much doubt they’d honor whatever agreement was in place anyway.
That's terrible, it's time to move on to a different dealer.

Dealers should understand the fact that market is not going to stay this way forever. Once the cycle changes, they have to rely on their customers and customers do remember how they were treated in the past.

Good luck with your search.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 10:01 PM   #20
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That's terrible, it's time to move on to a different dealer.

Dealers should understand the fact that market is not going to stay this way forever. Once the cycle changes, they have to rely on their customers and customers do remember how they were treated in the past.

Good luck with your search.
4 sure, thnx.
I will reach out to Bellevue and see what they say.
I agree, I don’t know how they expect to grow their business like this. I assume the people they have working there are too short sighted too care.

Unless they are straight up keeping the car for the owner’s kid or something, whoever buys that car under these terms is an idiot. I can’t find any other way to describe this whole jahre situation. But, that’s another issue entirely I guess.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 06:59 AM   #21
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Yea lol,
That’s a question I should have asked myself. I will look at other vehicles for as long as I am here. BMW here is garbage. There’s 2 dealers in the state and they both act like they shit gold bricks.

This was crazy though. I’ve heard some strange things from dealers but I doubt this is legal in any sense, signing for a car that they can’t even give a price on, and hinting it will be $35k over MSRP… maybe more, who knows.

I shouldn’t be shocked, but idk that’s egregiously greedy. And to be Frank Idgaf about the m3. This is not a flex, I was simply buying it cause I could. I’m not anymore.

For that money I might as well go get a taycan
You were buying it because you could? That doesn't make any sense, but works out well for you. No emotional attachment means it's easy for you to walk away and find something else.

If you think BMW is bad. DO NOT venture into the p-car world. This Taycan you're thinking about buying will probably have a 50k+ ADM and a year waiting list.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 07:13 AM   #22
MassComp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

Note to self....never buy a BMW in Idaho....

Sorry to hear about the issues you had with this dealership, definite bummer....

3/19/22: Deposit placed on MY2023 Skyscraper Grey M3 Comp xDrive / 6/08/22: Dealer order placed - Status 047 / 6/25/22: Added Full Leather / 8/05/22: Received Allocation & Added Personal eSIM 5G / 09/18/22: Asked Dealership to Add M Drive Professional to My Build and They Canceled My Order
Appreciate 1