BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

01-09-2024, 05:15 PM   #67
waiting
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLethal View Post
Lack of remote start on my 6MT kills me. The fact that activating pre-ventilation from the app doesn't turn on the windshield defrosters, heated seats/wheel, or heat in general only adds insult to injury.

If I'm wrong, can someone please DM me the steps to make these things work? I've read the manual. TIA.
That is strange, my G80 turns on heat, seats and steering wheel heat if its chilly outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Here’s the other thing with remote start. Imagine this and this has actually happened… the dude was changing his oil and had his keys in his pocket. Oil draining and he left it and walked in the house from the garage to wait on that and do something. Sat down and somehow (as we’ve all done at some point) a key pressed against the stupid button combo to remote start the car. Came out to find engine running without oil in it. I have never had a car that had remote start capabilities, but I would never use it and if at all possible would even disable or code it out. I get it, some live in cold climates and want a warm car when they come out, but I guess maybe I’m just that type of person who’s so much into my cars that I like getting in and starting them… listening to the startup to see if it was the same as before or if some new wacky sound or behavior is happening. If I have to sit there and wait on a defrost, then I do so. I guess I’ve not ever thought of my cars as just transportation and a machine slave to warm and massage my butt because I’m being inconvenienced by having to drive it somewhere. Lol But hey, I’m also the guy who will jump in the car and just take a drive to relax. 🤷*♂️
You can disable remote start in the pre-ventilation menu.
      01-09-2024, 05:25 PM   #68
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Lack of remote start on my 6MT kills me. The fact that activating pre-ventilation from the app doesn't turn on the windshield defrosters, heated seats/wheel, or heat in general only adds insult to injury.

If I'm wrong, can someone please DM me the steps to make these things work? I've read the manual. TIA.
Pre-ventilation is BMW's way of calling it "remote start," so since yours doesn't have it, I don't think the heat would work if you activated it. It may be able to just run the fan a bit in the summer but I don't think you'd get much in the way of heating.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 08:16 PM   #69
Lemongrease
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by natmad View Post
Love my new G80!

And…

Extremely disappointed and dissatisfied that I have to pay $330 for Remote Engine Start.

Wtf I was wondering why I couldn't remote start today. WHY DID I UPDATE 😭😭
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 08:20 PM   #70
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemongrease View Post
Wtf I was wondering why I couldn't remote start today. WHY DID I UPDATE 😭😭
Assuming you don’t have a 6MT, you have to back into climate settings and re-enable it.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2024, 02:38 AM   #71
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
After the latest update my Siri won’t launch when I long tap my audio button on the steering wheel. My profile also won’t auto associate with my physical key. Annoying.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 06:30 AM   #72
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
After the latest update my Siri won’t launch when I long tap my audio button on the steering wheel. My profile also won’t auto associate with my physical key. Annoying.
Did u restart idrive ?
Appreciate 1
Jimjamz4583.00
      01-10-2024, 12:05 PM   #73
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
I leave my car in 1st when parked, I get it. But its such a nonsensical excuse. This car is so advanced compared to cars in the past, and it uses sensors to detect where the shift lever is and what gear the car is in. It is totally feasible for them to allow remote start if parking brake is engaged and car is in neutral. Hell, they could even use the parking sensors to make sure there is sufficient space around the vehicle. If it was in a gear then remote start would be disabled. Not hard from a hardware/software standpoint so it must be a legality issue.
Early 6MTs for our gen had the option to get remote start. Saw it on this forum. They were forced to bring their car in and get it updated and get the remote start removed.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1846015
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 07:03 PM   #74
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Did u restart idrive ?
I haven’t. Beyond turning the car off and turning it back on again, how do you restart idrive specifically?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 07:10 PM   #75
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I haven’t. Beyond turning the car off and turning it back on again, how do you restart idrive specifically?
Hold the volume button for 20 seconds. It resets.
Appreciate 0