BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-09-2024, 01:51 AM   #23
MellowAnteater
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition X-Drive Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
That’s crazy.

What are you G83 specs?
TZBII
Fiona red full
Carbon fiber trim
Executive package
Driving assist pro
Parking assist
Shadow line lights
Ventilated seats
Neck warmers
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:07 AM   #24
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

i still don't understand how these cars aren't deep off msrp (4 years in)... supply is now fully caught up... so where is the demand coming from? i remember 5 years ago, you had to not only discount an M car but find a specific niche buyer for it and these cars including m2s, m3s sat and sat on lots all over... did the new Instagram generation bring about a huge demand that was never there? Is there a new customer that was never there? I read something like 60% of buyers to the current gen are new and never had an M car before.
      04-09-2024, 07:50 AM   #25
utsteve98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

I did MSRP with no deposit on a 2025 M4 order. Now you all having me thinking maybe I could have negotiated some off MSRP. Ha.

But this all seems market dependent. I couldn’t get an allocation in my city and the next city nearby. I had to go to another city further away. And even there only 1 of the 3 dealerships had an M4 allocation. I didn’t call the other 3 in the city cause I started getting tired of talking to all these dealers.

Also I don’t see many M4s sitting around here except if it’s a G83. And I don’t want a vert.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 10:15 AM   #26
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
i still don't understand how these cars aren't deep off msrp (4 years in)... supply is now fully caught up... so where is the demand coming from? i remember 5 years ago, you had to not only discount an M car but find a specific niche buyer for it and these cars including m2s, m3s sat and sat on lots all over... did the new Instagram generation bring about a huge demand that was never there? Is there a new customer that was never there? I read something like 60% of buyers to the current gen are new and never had an M car before.
Because dealers.

They were able to take full advantage of it during the pandemic, and have conditioned buyers to think that's the way it is. But it's not, not really, discounts can be found. Maybe not everywhere, but if you're not prepared to do some work, you're gonna pay MSRP (+/-).
Appreciate 1
ASAP10171.50
      04-09-2024, 10:22 AM   #27
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Because dealers.

They were able to take full advantage of it during the pandemic, and have conditioned buyers to think that's the way it is. But it's not, not really, discounts can be found. Maybe not everywhere, but if you're not prepared to do some work, you're gonna pay MSRP (+/-).
thats what it sounds like to me... i think dealers are still gouging and have made customers suckers for paying what they pay... there is a ton of these cars floating around now (both new and used)... the other day I was at a dealership where 2 m3xdrives were recently available... they both sat for like 2 months so i decided to check out what was going on... turns out they had a markup on both... when the guy told me that, i laughed and walked right out... some suckers still bought them... but that doesn't explain the full story, because where is the customer that pays this over markup coming from? 5 years ago... everyone would have walked in and laughed for a common M car that is still a 3 series... there was so much inventory just sitting... the i got to have it effect is insanely strong now and i think its fueled by social media... this has transformed the market for somewhat less than ordinary cars
      04-09-2024, 10:56 AM   #28
mjj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4 Comp -on order

I paid MSRP. I wanted an individual color option. I cared more about getting the car exactly the way I wanted as opposed to scouring the country to find an allocation and getting the best price. I also didn’t want to travel multiple states to go pick it up.

I don’t fault anyone for their approach. Time and ease of buying is worth more than money at this point in my life.
Appreciate 5
      04-09-2024, 09:53 PM   #29
Speedyf16
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '25 M4 Comp, ‘96 Integra

Garage List
Quote:
What was you spec? Carbon buckets? Individual paint? Xmass tree or Superman exterior/interior/brake combo? Frozen exterior paint? Individual trim?
Isle of Man Green with full Yas Marina Blue interior. Starting to see it a bit more often now, but it scared them haha

'25 M4 Comp - Isle of Man Green / Yas Marina Blue
'96 Acura Integra - big cams, NON-VTEC Yo!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 05:52 AM   #30
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
couple of reasons
no real competition at this time . New generation C63 is a bust . Audi RS5 is dated
but main reason , there is still money floating around from Covid ppp money and it is decreasing but still some money around
so give it 2-3 more years before it goes back to normal where you can get 10 % with minimal effort
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2024, 11:32 AM   #31
Arsenal1
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3P, 2024 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhav View Post
Not sure how relevant this is for California, but I was able to secure pricing on a '25 G82 build from three dealers at 5% off MSRP plus incentives (if applicable at time of delivery) in PA/NJ --- deposit requests varied from $0 (1x) to $1k (2x).
Would you mind PMing me those dealerships in NJ?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 02:38 PM   #32
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Quote:
Haven’t put down a deposit in over 15 years and always at a discount off of MRSP. 1st car yes for a deposit over 20 yrs ago, but once you build a relationship and dealer knows you, then adios deposit. $5k seems excessive, but it’s Cali as that state never surprises me with their nonsense.
Most of these "Dealer Relationships" are nuked for many people. Tons of dealers have experienced massive turnover and changes of ownership over the last couple of years.

There are still a few dealers who try to maintain this type of relationship, but they are the exception and not the rule. I was lucky that my BMW Dealership hasn't had any turnover, and I'm always able to get in contact with my rep and secure an allocation with no money in the game. The biggest problem was that there was a waitlist, so everything was spoken for. I am pretty sure I could have picked up a car under MSRP, but they don't have inventory. That would also mean I'm settling, as there is no way in hell I'm buying a $100k+ car from dealer inventory. In fact, if you run a search right now, you'll only see one within 100 miles, which is probably a sold order. There were none when I made the decision to get a 2024 with Individual paint over the LCI in February.

Going that route puts you at square one with a dealer you've never dealt with before, and you don't get the same treatment as you would at dealerships you've done business with. I do agree that $5k is too excessive and damn near predatory, depending on where you live and what the laws on deposits are.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 03:16 PM   #33
jrhav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1 View Post
Would you mind PMing me those dealerships in NJ?
PM sent