home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

12-07-2021, 12:48 PM   #419
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Congrats guys. I gotta to admit I'm jealous. I was also a week 40/41 build and i'm still awaiting the RAM fix at Bremerhaven since Oct 14.
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      12-07-2021, 09:39 PM   #420
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Officially status 112 (scheduled for production) on my individual Enzian blue M3Cx that I ordered on Oct 9. System says Jan production but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 10:03 PM   #421
2022m3xvan
Rep
Drives: 2018 Q5, 2018 GLC 43

So today I decided to cancel my week 40 order. This was a incoming unit built by dealer that I put down deposit in November. However, I entered another build fresh from the start but this time with much less option to keep the car under 100k car msrp to avoid luxury car in Canada starting next year.

The m3x I previously ordered was probably the highest spec with frozen paint, carbon seats and exterior, ccb, etc. The msrp was 126k Cad before taxes. The car was built week 40 but my SA today just told me its still at Bremerhaven waiting for some parts, probably RAM recall, which I found it ridiculous. The car has production date 10/7 and today is exactly two months my car is still in Germany like WTF. He then told me I will most likely get the car in February or March 2022, which in my opinion is unacceptable because my ETA was 12/10.

Anyway, so I decided to transfer my deposit onto a fresh new build today. I know there is price increase of $2700 in Canada next year. Although its still 2021, my production won't start until 2022 so I will have to pay $2700, which I am fine with. In order to avoid the luxury car tax rate starting next year, I kept the car under 100k msrp. Well, it was actually 102k msrp with the new 2022 base price but my dealer was able to give me 96.6k msrp to help me out. Some of the options I chose were green paint, red calliper, 825m rims orbit grey and carbon interior trim. Yes, that's all I selected. I didnt even choose premium package or any other packages. My dealer told me the ETA for this build will be July 2022 but I am fine waiting till October 2022 plus I might get the 50th anniversary badges this time if Canada does get it.

Overall, the difference in wait is like 6 more months between the white one and my new current order. I am totally fine with it since I am saving like 30k all in, of course with much less options but is still a m3x. I just wanna let you guys know that for anyone in Canada with around week 40 or even later production, the latest you can get your car will be February 2022 or even later. I am quite disappointed but I am willing to wait longer and save 30k cash
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 12:23 AM   #422
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022m3xvan View Post
So today I decided to cancel my week 40 order. This was a incoming unit built by dealer that I put down deposit in November. However, I entered another build fresh from the start but this time with much less option to keep the car under 100k car msrp to avoid luxury car in Canada starting next year.

The m3x I previously ordered was probably the highest spec with frozen paint, carbon seats and exterior, ccb, etc. The msrp was 126k Cad before taxes. The car was built week 40 but my SA today just told me its still at Bremerhaven waiting for some parts, probably RAM recall, which I found it ridiculous. The car has production date 10/7 and today is exactly two months my car is still in Germany like WTF. He then told me I will most likely get the car in February or March 2022, which in my opinion is unacceptable because my ETA was 12/10.

Anyway, so I decided to transfer my deposit onto a fresh new build today. I know there is price increase of $2700 in Canada next year. Although its still 2021, my production won't start until 2022 so I will have to pay $2700, which I am fine with. In order to avoid the luxury car tax rate starting next year, I kept the car under 100k msrp. Well, it was actually 102k msrp with the new 2022 base price but my dealer was able to give me 96.6k msrp to help me out. Some of the options I chose were green paint, red calliper, 825m rims orbit grey and carbon interior trim. Yes, that's all I selected. I didnt even choose premium package or any other packages. My dealer told me the ETA for this build will be July 2022 but I am fine waiting till October 2022 plus I might get the 50th anniversary badges this time if Canada does get it.

Overall, the difference in wait is like 6 more months between the white one and my new current order. I am totally fine with it since I am saving like 30k all in, of course with much less options but is still a m3x. I just wanna let you guys know that for anyone in Canada with around week 40 or even later production, the latest you can get your car will be February 2022 or even later. I am quite disappointed but I am willing to wait longer and save 30k cash
I'm not sure the luxury tax is even confirmed for January 2022 yet. If it does go into effect, the original build you had incoming at $126,000 would have incurred a $5,200 tax - but the price increase of $2,700 for 2022 cars would mean that you'd only be paying a $2,500 premium. For some people, this would have been worthwhile to get a car in Feb/March instead of July onwards.
But if you really wanted a completely different build then you should get what you want.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 12:33 AM   #423
2022m3xvan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Quote:

I'm not sure the luxury tax is even confirmed for January 2022 yet. If it does go into effect, the original build you had incoming at $126,000 would have incurred a $5,200 tax - but the price increase of $2,700 for 2022 cars would mean that you'd only be paying a $2,500 premium. For some people, this would have been worthwhile to get a car in Feb/March instead of July onwards.
But if you really wanted a completely different build then you should get what you want.
My dealer told me that it's confirmed. Public doesn't know yet but dealers do. I am not sure how your math was calculated. Also, I am not sure if I have to pay for luxury car tax if I continue waiting for the white one since the car is still missing part and bmw cannot deal with customers until car is completely perfect.

The new green one I built today doesn't have any luxury tax problem cuz I kept it under 100k msrp. Yes I have to pay for the 2700 Bmw premium while the white one doensnt. But the msrp of that white one and the spec weren't really something I wanted. The reason I placed deposit on that one in the beginning was because that's the only one coming to my Province, originally by end of the 2021 but now it's delayed too. So i have to wait till 2022, I might as well reset the build and choose the color I want and not choose the Ccb which is not that useful.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 12:37 AM   #424
2022m3xvan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Quote:

Oh and usually in Feb and March, it's still snowing here so I will have to get winters tires right away. The green one I don't have this problem. I can enjoy the summer when I get it and change winter tires later on
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 04:33 AM   #425
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Is luxury tax is 20% of the portion over $100k, or the 10% of the full MSRP, whichever is less. So @[Kimchiguy79] is correct in his calculation I believe. The part I don't understand is the tax will add to anything installed/modified to the car within 12 months of purchase as well, even PPF. :
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:37 AM   #426
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
My M3 got to the dealership this morning as well. Getting M-performance parts installed, and then PPF. Taking delivery late this week or early next week. Will share pictures after work!

Update: didn't make it to the dealership before it closed. Here are few pictures send by the PPF installer trying to explain where the cut lines are visible. Car is getting parts installed and PPF done, the red buckets look amazing with TB2, even when the car is dirty.
niceeeee!!! congrats
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #427
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
My M3 got to the dealership this morning as well. Getting M-performance parts installed, and then PPF. Taking delivery late this week or early next week. Will share pictures after work!

Update: didn't make it to the dealership before it closed. Here are few pictures send by the PPF installer trying to explain where the cut lines are visible. Car is getting parts installed and PPF done, the red buckets look amazing with TB2, even when the car is dirty.
Looks amazing Shin!!!!
Can't wait to see it in person
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 09:39 AM   #428
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
Is luxury tax is 20% of the portion over $100k, or the 10% of the full MSRP, whichever is less. So @[Kimchiguy79] is correct in his calculation I believe. The part I don't understand is the tax will add to anything installed/modified to the car within 12 months of purchase as well, even PPF. :
My sticker price is $115k so it's going to suck to have to pay the extra 3k at point of sale if my car doesn't arrive in time

I'm of the opinion that if I've waited this long then there's no way I'm backing out but it would be supremely annoying to pay it in January for a car I ordered in July and finished production Sept 15

Your car looks great! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 09:53 AM   #429
Andymasterx
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:

OMG Congrats!!! Loving the color combination.
btw, is there any reputable PPF vendor in GTA anyone care to recommend? Can't decide based on vendor website and Google reviews...
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      12-08-2021, 10:15 AM   #430
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymasterx View Post
Quote:

btw, is there any reputable PPF vendor in GTA anyone care to recommend? Can't decide based on vendor website and Google reviews...
I'm getting PPF done at my dealership. Can't risk the salt/stone chip on my way to the shop and I couldn't time out the installation with a installer either. Downside is my dealer only works with Ceramic Pro, so Xpel is not an option.

My friend recommended "Inception automotive detailing" in Oakville. Hope it helps
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 10:53 AM   #431
Andymasterx
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
I'm getting PPF done at my dealership. Can't risk the salt/stone chip on my way to the shop and I couldn't time out the installation with a installer either. Downside is my dealer only works with Ceramic Pro, so Xpel is not an option.

My friend recommended "Inception automotive detailing" in Oakville. Hope it helps
Didn't know the dealer offers PPF. I even asked my SA about it. I'll ask again. I also worry about the salt/stone chip on the way to the installer.

This definitely helps. Thanks a million. Would you mind also sharing how much the PPF is costing you?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #432
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Didn't know the dealer offers PPF. I even asked my SA about it. I'll ask again. I also worry about the salt/stone chip on the way to the installer.

This definitely helps. Thanks a million. Would you mind also sharing how much the PPF is costing you?
I'm getting the full car done and was originally quoted $5500, changed to $6500 because of the added complexity of a bunch of M-performance parts I added, including the rear wing.

Just the front and mirror should be around $1500 if I remembered it right
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 03:44 PM   #433
2022m3xvan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
Quote:
My sticker price is $115k so it's going to suck to have to pay the extra 3k at point of sale if my car doesn't arrive in time

I'm of the opinion that if I've waited this long then there's no way I'm backing out but it would be supremely annoying to pay it in January for a car I ordered in July and finished production Sept 15

Your car looks great! Congrats!
If you stil have the recall open, there is no way your car will make it by end of the year Sadly
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 03:47 PM   #434
2022m3xvan
Rep

Quote:
Well I think you are right. The main thing is the m3 is previously ordered has a msrp of 126k. All the m3s I see ordered by my dealer are around 110k. I am kinda not justified with the price tag since 126k can get me a base m5 or even a 911 carrera 4
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 04:09 PM   #435
biznis32
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

I was a week 38 build and my car is also sitting in Bremerhaven since October. Im concerned about getting the car in February only to find out that the 2023 will begin production 6 months later with the new full screen dashboard. At this point I’d rather wait and to be honest, the excitement has really been diminished as a result of all the delays.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 04:51 PM   #436
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well I think you are right. The main thing is the m3 is previously ordered has a msrp of 126k. All the m3s I see ordered by my dealer are around 110k. I am kinda not justified with the price tag since 126k can get me a base m5 or even a 911 carrera 4
Haha it really depends how much you love the car. Just double checked my build's MSRP was 139K including all the additional parts and PPF. To me the M5 is a bit too "executive" (+buckets not being an option except M5CS), and a 911 Carrera 4s in the spec I want is way more money than my current build (hitting 200K minus two doors). Really appreciate where M3 is at now and I'll take it over M5 at any given day.

Tbh I wish I can afford an 911 GT3 weekend + Panamera daily. One day…..
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      12-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #437
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
I am getting mine done by OCG Detailing.... will drop off this Friday at the shop then pick it back up on Sunday hopefully! Will post the final results for you guys to see!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #438
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznis32 View Post
I was a week 38 build and my car is also sitting in Bremerhaven since October. Im concerned about getting the car in February only to find out that the 2023 will begin production 6 months later with the new full screen dashboard. At this point I’d rather wait and to be honest, the excitement has really been diminished as a result of all the delays.
Looks like I'm not the only one. Sitting at Bremerhaven since Oct 14 waiting on the RAM.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #439
2022m3xvan
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I am kinda in the same boat. i might as well wait longer since it's been a while already lol. What city are you in
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 10:18 PM   #440
2022m3xvan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
Quote:
I was a week 38 build and my car is also sitting in Bremerhaven since October. Im concerned about getting the car in February only to find out that the 2023 will begin production 6 months later with the new full screen dashboard. At this point I'd rather wait and to be honest, the excitement has really been diminished as a result of all the delays.
Looks like I'm not the only one. Sitting at Bremerhaven since Oct 14 waiting on the RAM.
Mine since Oct 7. All the usa guys got theirs already . I am starting to think is it because most of them pay mark up so Bmw delivers cars to whoever pay more first
Appreciate 0