BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

03-19-2022, 07:39 PM   #111
TheHegeman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 xDrive

Rho Plate installed. nice and snug and no sensor interference.
Attached Images

Last edited by TheHegeman; 03-19-2022 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 4
MMM.PWR3452.00
MassComp2123.50
Tdubb88188.50
Dawgz1016.00
      03-19-2022, 09:56 PM   #112
WATCHMY6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82

I am on Long Island and neither my wife on her G80 nor me on my G82 have a front plate.. we both have tints and are never bothered… got them both at Freeport dealership and they didn't make me put it on…. I did have both cars towed from dealership to exclusive vinyl in Alberston for full PPF and ceramic
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 08:54 AM   #113
psylovibe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCHMY6 View Post
I am on Long Island and neither my wife on her G80 nor me on my G82 have a front plate.. we both have tints and are never bothered… got them both at Freeport dealership and they didn't make me put it on…. I did have both cars towed from dealership to exclusive vinyl in Alberston for full PPF and ceramic
Lucky you. I was minding my own business and police pulls up and gets out of the car and yells at me “where is your front plate?”. I told them in the trunk 😂.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 11:55 AM   #114
WATCHMY6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylovibe View Post
Quote:
Lucky you. I was minding my own business and police pulls up and gets out of the car and yells at me “where is your front plate?”. I told them in the trunk 😂.
That was a jealous person on a power trip… very rare
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 01:31 PM   #115
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G82 '21 / Mini SE '22

Anyone out there that knows where I can get one of these for euro plates?

Moving back to Europe and Portugal demands front plates and I really really really don't want to put it front center and prefer it on a tow hook holder.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 04:23 PM   #116
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakenXIV View Post
Anyone out there that knows where I can get one of these for euro plates?

Moving back to Europe and Portugal demands front plates and I really really really don't want to put it front center and prefer it on a tow hook holder.
just my opinion but the long and thin euro plates don't look bad centered. I think they would look weirder and stick out further (if angled) since they're longer.
      03-20-2022, 04:54 PM   #117
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
I'm in Brooklyn and I've been pulled over and got three tickets over the no front plate. I can assure you have just been lucky so far. They will get you eventually. Not a big deal, it's a couple of $60 tickets here and there but one guy on my road trip to Canada saw the lack of plate, the tints etc and followed me for miles from a distance and then pulled me over for doing 80 in a 70 and hit me for 3 tickets. Some of the tickets were 'fix it' tickets where you have to remove the tints etc

If you have a friendly inspection Center they can 'fix it' for you
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 04:57 PM   #118
WATCHMY6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Quote:
I'm in Brooklyn and I've been pulled over and got three tickets over the no front plate. I can assure you have just been lucky so far. They will get you eventually. Not a big deal, it's a couple of $60 tickets here and there but one guy on my road trip to Canada saw the lack of plate, the tints etc and followed me for miles from a distance and then pulled me over for doing 80 in a 70 and hit me for 3 tickets. Some of the tickets were 'fix it' tickets where you have to remove the tints etc
I will just be paying that ticket, I will not be ruining the look of the car… it's stupid anyway, the cops all have digital readers in the car and don't even need to see the plate to get your information
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 05:03 PM   #119
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Quote:
I will just be paying that ticket, I will not be ruining the look of the car… it's stupid anyway, the cops all have digital readers in the car and don't even need to see the plate to get your information
Agreed but it's one of these things that can lead to multiple fines. You get pulled over for no front plate and then they guy starts sniffing around for other issues like tints, exhaust or whatever and /or let's say you had a small glass of beer with dinner and all of a sudden it snowballs in to a bigger issue

I've been running the plate since for my daily drive about town on a Sto N Sho which is a quick release so I can pop it off at a cars and coffee or for photos etc in two seconds.

My car isn't a 'show car' tho, it's got two kids seats in the back and is covered in dirt most of the time
Appreciate 1
WATCHMY6330.50
      03-20-2022, 09:58 PM   #120
figuec56
Daniel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330eX

Garage List
2023 BMW 330ex  [0.00]
My g83 is currently in production so I have started looking at plates. Unfortunately I have to drive onto a base pretty regularly and they don't mess around with tints or front plates. You put the plate on or they don't let you go to work. After reading this thread, it looks like the tow hook (RHO) is the only option that doesn't affect the ACC. I never really like the tow hook mount looks Are there any center mount options that work that work with ACC or am I stuck with tow hook mount.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 01:31 AM   #121
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G82 '21 / Mini SE '22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
just my opinion but the long and thin euro plates don't look bad centered. I think they would look weirder and stick out further (if angled) since they're longer.
Having thought it over I guess you're right.
Appreciate 1
MMM.PWR3452.00
      03-29-2022, 04:53 PM   #122
OfficiallyBroke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22

Quote:
Did the dealership cover the cost of the tow or did you foot the bill?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 05:02 PM   #123
OfficiallyBroke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4-CPA View Post
I got the EOS tow hook option.

Anyone have any adverse results from long-term use of the two hook license plate option? I imagine BMW did not consider that hole to be open for the long-term. Anything sensitive in that area that will see increased moisture/road debris due to using the tow hook option?
How much of a gap is there between the plate and the bumper with the EOS mount? I don't know if I love how close the rho mount is.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 06:36 PM   #124
WATCHMY6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficiallyBroke View Post
Quote:
Did the dealership cover the cost of the tow or did you foot the bill?
My boy has the tow truck
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 06:57 AM   #125
in2zion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X4M Comp

Hi, I am also interested in the EOS option. Does it interfere with any sensors? Do you mind posting pictures? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4-CPA View Post
I got the EOS tow hook option.

Anyone have any adverse results from long-term use of the two hook license plate option? I imagine BMW did not consider that hole to be open for the long-term. Anything sensitive in that area that will see increased moisture/road debris due to using the tow hook option?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 06:47 AM   #126
biznis32
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Can someone please post a picture of the sto and sho installed? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 12:09 PM   #127
Team Tonka
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 xDrive Comp.

So, has anyone installed a motorized retractable front license plate yet on their M3 (similar to ones like the link below)?

https://tegoautoproducts.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 12:33 PM   #128
toolband66
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 G80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansr View Post
Ordered my 2021 M4 Competition. Unfortunately, NY requires both front and rear plates. I'm told that upon delivery the dealer will ask for my final input on fastening the front plates.

Thoughts?
Here is mine. Europe and especially Italy don't mess around with this. It is an absolute must or you don't get to register it.
Attached Images

05-18-2022, 04:23 PM   #129
Team Tonka
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone tried this?

http://www.pedalhaus.com/products.html
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 03:03 PM   #130
Team Tonka
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I had this on my G70 previously, figured might as well try it. Mounted up with a little work just fine....

It will block the front radar if centered. But, just a button on key fob, in the app, or programmed to your homelink will allow it to go up or down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tonka View Post
So, has anyone installed a motorized retractable front license plate yet on their M3 (similar to ones like the link below)?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 09:39 PM   #131
Mashour
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
I had this on my G70 previously, figured might as well try it. Mounted up with a little work just fine....

It will block the front radar if centered. But, just a button on key fob, in the app, or programmed to your homelink will allow it to go up or down.

Quote:

I hate that it's visible when the plate is not displayed. Also it wouldn't work if I were to put a front lip. Maybe something that's on and off would work
      05-20-2022, 11:20 AM   #132
Team Tonka
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I don't love that it's visible when the plate is not displayed either - but only magic makes physical items disappear :-)

And you are correct, it won't work for anyone using a front lip.

The Pedal Haus version seems like the best option I've seen for tow hook mount and relatively easy removal of just the plate. That is the route I'd take if doing a tow mount version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashour View Post
I hate that it's visible when the plate is not displayed. Also it wouldn't work if I were to put a front lip. Maybe something that's on and off would work
Appreciate 0