BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-21-2022, 07:59 AM   #23
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 (G80,Euro)

Thanks ! I've just found (perhaps) the last 4 pieces in Europe ! My BMW dealer is ok to do the job with other M parts I bought from them for when the car is there (next week). But for these tips, a lot of delays so I was permitted to order elsewhere.

What a pain in the *** to find some in stock!
      10-22-2022, 01:08 PM   #24
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranckF1 View Post
Thanks ! I've just found (perhaps) the last 4 pieces in Europe ! My BMW dealer is ok to do the job with other M parts I bought from them for when the car is there (next week). But for these tips, a lot of delays so I was permitted to order elsewhere.

What a pain in the *** to find some in stock!
This is the same issue with the OEM M Performance front splitter. I ordered it 3 times and each time, the order has been cancelled for not being able to fill it. I have a theory, and I'm sure it's the case. Both the OEM M Performance front splitter and these OEM Carbon Exhaust tips, are standard on the 50 Jahre cars.

The M3 50 Jahre is readily available, and the M4 has been seen in person, both models come with these tips as part of the 50 Jahre package. So, with it being sold in multiple countries, that's a few thousand cars. Same for the front splitter. It was blocked from ordering for a short time, and as soon as it's available, I'm ordering one.

Appreciate 2
      10-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #25
projectme
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [0.00]
I prefer stock. Not a fan not only because of the smaller diameter but also way too much silver in there.

Sold: '14 435i 6MT, Estoril Blue M-Sport, Akrapovic Exhaust, ER DP/CP/Intercooler, Injen Intake, JB4
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13557.00
      10-22-2022, 05:20 PM   #26
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectme View Post
I prefer stock. Not a fan not only because of the smaller diameter but also way too much silver in there.
I hear the baffled tips actually change the exhaust note.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 02:07 AM   #27
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
This is the same issue with the OEM M Performance front splitter. I ordered it 3 times and each time, the order has been cancelled for not being able to fill it. I have a theory, and I'm sure it's the case. Both the OEM M Performance front splitter and these OEM Carbon Exhaust tips, are standard on the 50 Jahre cars.

The M3 50 Jahre is readily available, and the M4 has been seen in person, both models come with these tips as part of the 50 Jahre package. So, with it being sold in multiple countries, that's a few thousand cars. Same for the front splitter. It was blocked from ordering for a short time, and as soon as it's available, I'm ordering one.
Yes, you're probably right, but perhaps only US is blocked because, since I ordered my car in August, my dealer had regularly an eye on the stock of all the parts I wanted including the top priority one, the front lip. He waited the last minute to order them for me because since this month BMW France offers 20% off all M parts

And for Europe seems nothing has been blocked. Always 10-15 in stock at BMW France, and around 40 to 60 at BMW Germany.

M3 50 Jahre is mainly for the US for example, it is not sold in Europe (only the M4 50 Jahre).
      10-23-2022, 01:22 PM   #28
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranckF1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post

Yes, you're probably right, but perhaps only US is blocked because, since I ordered my car in August, my dealer had regularly an eye on the stock of all the parts I wanted including the top priority one, the front lip. He waited the last minute to order them for me because since this month BMW France offers 20% off all M parts

And for Europe seems nothing has been blocked. Always 10-15 in stock at BMW France, and around 40 to 60 at BMW Germany.

M3 50 Jahre is mainly for the US for example, it is not sold in Europe (only the M4 50 Jahre).
Yes, I'm definitely talking about the US. The lip is blocked from ordering in the us. All 3 places I tried to order from, were here. I know if someone, recently that ordered theirs from Germany and it shipped.

Appreciate 1
FranckF11042.00
      10-27-2022, 12:43 PM   #29
NickPJT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagergab View Post
Has anyone installed any carbon tips for the stock g80-82 exhaust?
Either oem or aftermarket?
If so, which ones and how does it look?
Thanks ��
Been a while since you posted this but here are the OEM Carbon exhaust tips fitted on my Imola red M3.

I absolutely love how they look. We did have to trim down the exhaust
slightly so they would fit properly.
Attached Images

Last edited by NickPJT; 10-27-2022 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 6
      10-29-2022, 05:50 AM   #30
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Great look! Thanks for sharing

My turn next! The car should be at my dealer next week.
      01-10-2023, 01:18 AM   #31
franchesco82
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfurym3 View Post
Been a while since you posted this but here are the OEM Carbon exhaust tips fitted on my Imola red M3.

I tried to fit it mine, but it doesn't work. As per the manual, I cut a little bit of exhaust and also cut the bottom pin. However, the vent hole is touched by the top pin, so the carbon tips cannot be pushed all the way in. Did you cut the top pin also? I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how.
Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 10:50 PM   #32
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPJT View Post

Are you in SoCal? If so, where'd you have this done and rough cost? I had these on my G80 and there's a set for sale I'd love to put on my G82. Thx!
Appreciate 0