G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

11-20-2021, 01:24 PM   #1
ayxan555
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 LCI

Fatal G82 M4 accident in Russia

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
This shows how serious turning traction off is in these cars.I could not find the video but he was just driving straight in rain and lost control after sudden acceleration
RIP
Stay safe.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
nathanm4681.00
      11-20-2021, 01:51 PM   #2
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

So sad. I'm so scared from sliding with a hellcat just with normal driving in the rain. I never understood how people dare to go crazy in the rain, I've seen plenty drivers on YouTube driving over 140 plus when it's wet on the autobahn. I drive with traction control off but only when it's bone dry.

Curious if this is an awd version ?
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 1
nathanm4681.00
      11-20-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Really depressing.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

That really sucks, two casualties
      11-20-2021, 05:25 PM   #5
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Damn!

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 07:23 PM   #6
DimM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 07:54 PM   #7
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
This is terrible. The loss that their families have to bear. RIP.

Reminders to us all: Drive to the conditions. Don't skimp on safety equipment, especially tires. Invest in driver training. Better late to your destination than never.
      11-20-2021, 08:37 PM   #8
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

Rip. Wonder if they had seat belts on. Car doesn't look too bad from the pics.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 09:04 PM   #9
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasya152 View Post
The side impact is what will get you. Front on collisions are not too bad with all of the impact protection, crumple zone, and the engine helping to soften the blow but if you have a side on Collision it can be catastrophic even at lower speed. Your head is right beside the point of impact and the side of this car is destroyed. RIP, very sad
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 09:57 PM   #10
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The passenger flew out through the roof of the car and is visible in the video lying on the road. Apparently he was still alive then, according to page translation on the YouTube video. People are saying that both of them didn't have their belts fastened. That's believable because seatbelts would have prevented ejection from the car. The driver was still in the car.

They were still running summer tires on a RWD car, and driving like that in that weather. Without seatbelts on. Apparently DSC was off too. The people involved apparently drift on public roads for YouTube videos, and I hope they weren't deliberately trying to drift in that weather.

A terrible, avoidable waste of life and potential.

I kept looking at this more -- here's a video from the guy posted 5 days back, drifting an M5, with both the driver and the passenger not wearing seatbelts. I don't know if not wearing seatbelts is a thing in Russia.

Last edited by kjx; 11-21-2021 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2021, 01:35 AM   #11
frank70
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp. iX M60 on order

There also is the problem of too many idiots posting idiotic stuff on social media and doing totally irresponsable things. Only to get attention on social media.

I hope Youtube posters like Gercollector, AutotopNL (and i am sure there are much worse ones) who drive cars with 300 km/h on the Autobahn start putting their brains to work, before something like this also happens to them. And to innocent other road users who become the victims of this kind of stupidity......
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 06:14 AM   #12
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
car doesn't look bad? do you need glasses?

these guys were driving like assholes in the rain, plain and simple. And got other innocent drivers involved. I hope THEY are ok.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 06:53 AM   #13
JMU_BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Skyscraper Grey M4

Here are some videos of the accident. If you look at the second video, you can see he wasn't driving crazy or anything. He was just likely speeding a little bit and then probably pushed the accelerator too much while driving in the rain with no traction control. This serves as a good reminder to respect the power of these cars, especially in inclement weather.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 07:09 AM   #14
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70 View Post
There also is the problem of too many idiots posting idiotic stuff on social media and doing totally irresponsable things. Only to get attention on social media.

I hope Youtube posters like Gercollector, AutotopNL (and i am sure there are much worse ones) who drive cars with 300 km/h on the Autobahn start putting their brains to work, before something like this also happens to them. And to innocent other road users who become the victims of this kind of stupidity......
AutotoNL doesn’t break the law in any of his videos so I don’t understand what your problem is with him. Unless I’m missing something. If so please let me know.

It’s my understanding, and I could be wrong, that you can go as fast as you want on the autobahn.

Lots of harsh words for the drivers of this M4. These types of accidents happen all the time with super fast RWD cars. It happened to a friend of mine and his Lamborghini. Same situation. It was raining and he floored it and then it just started spinning out of control right off the side of the road. He said there was nothing he could do about it. It did about eight 360s. I would think that as much as this happens with super fast cars it’s nothing compared to all the morons who are texting and then rear end people. That’s happening constantly now in Florida.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 07:40 AM   #15
frank70
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp. iX M60 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
AutotoNL doesn’t break the law in any of his videos so I don’t understand what your problem is with him. Unless I’m missing something. If so please let me know.

It’s my understanding, and I could be wrong, that you can go as fast as you want on the autobahn.

Lots of harsh words for the drivers of this M4. These types of accidents happen all the time with super fast RWD cars. It happened to a friend of mine and his Lamborghini. Same situation. It was raining and he floored it and then it just started spinning out of control right off the side of the road. He said there was nothing he could do about it. It did about eight 360s. I would think that as much as this happens with super fast cars it’s nothing compared to all the morons who are texting and then rear end people. That’s happening constantly now in Florida.
Yes you can go as fast as you like on certain derestricted parts of the Autobahn. That does not mean however it is a good idea to overtake a truck driving 80 km/h with 300 km/h. I think people do not realise the danger they are putting themselves AND OTHERS in when doing so. All it takes is something unexpected like a rabbit crossing the road and a driver reacting badly to this and you or someone else may loose your live. And for what ? A couple of likes and clicks and social media 'status'.

Looking at this fatal crash in Russia you can see this is someone with > 500.000 followers who is regulary doing all kinds of crazy stuff online, just to get followers, clicks and likes. I think this kind of crazy behaviour should be banned by the platforms like Youtube, Instagram and others, to prevent worse in the future.

Just a opinion...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 07:46 AM   #16
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Yes you can go as fast as you like on certain derestricted parts of the Autobahn. That does not mean however it is a good idea to overtake a truck driving 80 km/h with 300 km/h. I think people do not realise the danger they are putting themselves AND OTHERS in when doing so. All it takes is something unexpected like a rabbit crossing the road and a driver reacting badly to this and you or someone else may loose your live. And for what ? A couple of likes and clicks and social media 'status'.

Looking at this fatal crash in Russia you can see this is someone with > 500.000 followers who is regulary doing all kinds of crazy stuff online, just to get followers, clicks and likes. I think this kind of crazy behaviour should be banned by the platforms like Youtube, Instagram and others, to prevent worse in the future.

Just a opinion...
Well talking about the autobahn if it’s really so dangerous why is it legal? I always thought German drivers were pretty good and that’s why they let you guys do that. I can tell you straight up Florida drivers are a bunch of morons and if we had unlimited speed limits half the state would die in two weeks. If people would just follow the basic rules of driving then we could have unlimited speed limits like in Germany. But getting back to my point if you are right why don’t you guys make it illegal?
Appreciate 1
hamzag20556.00
      11-21-2021, 09:33 AM   #17
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Just a guess, but if since it's non US spec they may have had Cup 2 tires on it which shouldn't be out at all in that weather.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 10:09 AM   #18
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Well talking about the autobahn if it's really so dangerous why is it legal? I always thought German drivers were pretty good and that's why they let you guys do that. I can tell you straight up Florida drivers are a bunch of morons and if we had unlimited speed limits half the state would die in two weeks. If people would just follow the basic rules of driving then we could have unlimited speed limits like in Germany. But getting back to my point if you are right why don't you guys make it illegal?
I've driven on the autobahn up to 155 mph for extended periods. Rules are very important there and people follow them religiously. People never camp in the passing lane - they give way asap. They never overtake on the right. They never pull into the passing lane if someone is coming by at a much higher rate of speed.

I only saw one accident over 2000 miles, and it wasn't serious. Road maintenance is taken extremely seriously.

This works in Germany where people have discipline on the road. There are enough people who should have never even been issued licenses in the US that this kind of system may never work.

The fatality rate on the autobahn per billion km driven is much lower than than the fatality rate per the same distance in the US.
JMU_BMW152.50
PWB152.00
      11-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #19
santox
Ing.
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp G82 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:
The passenger flew out through the roof of the car and is visible in the video lying on the road. Apparently he was still alive then, according to page translation on the YouTube video. People are saying that both of them didn't have their belts fastened. That's believable because seatbelts would have prevented ejection from the car. The driver was still in the car.

They were still running summer tires on a RWD car, and driving like that in that weather. Without seatbelts on. Apparently DSC was off too. The people involved apparently drift on public roads for YouTube videos, and I hope they weren't deliberately trying to drift in that weather.

A terrible, avoidable waste of life and potential.

I kept looking at this more -- here's a video from the guy posted 5 days back, drifting an M5, with both the driver and the passenger not wearing seatbelts. I don't know if not wearing seatbelts is a thing in Russia.
In Eastern Europe we think that only the idiots wear the seatbelt . I sell cara , and half (at least) of the customers never ever wear any seatbelt "it's uncomfortable" . But they don't know how uncomfortable is the wheelchair or worse than that . So , it's just a waste of time explaining to them basic things .
      11-21-2021, 01:19 PM   #20
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Quote:

You know the autobahn is one of the safest highways and designed for high speed and at times unrestricted. I've driven on it around on it at 150-165mph in traffic with traffic flowing at that pace.

If your trained and skilled you can drive at high speed in those conditions safely.

BUT there is a time and place to hoon... these guys and many other others choose the wrong time and place and suffer the loss.

Save the drifting for safe conditions and a track.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      11-21-2021, 02:46 PM   #21
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Tough to watch that knowing 2 people died in that clip. Yikes.
      11-21-2021, 05:55 PM   #22
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
car doesn't look bad? do you need glasses?

these guys were driving like assholes in the rain, plain and simple. And got other innocent drivers involved. I hope THEY are ok.
I think if they had seatbelts on, they both would have survived, maybe even without major injuries. This stupid idea that seats belts are lame is what killed them. Unfortunately, that's a common notion in a lot of places around there. Used to be guilty of the same when I was younger and didn't know better.
Appreciate 2
Patton2502936.50
kjx3162.50