Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-27-2024, 10:07 AM   #309
cozye
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp - 328ix (hers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
Sara/AWE Do you sell a version of the track exhaust that leaves both stock resonators in place and connects to the factory mid pipe points at the second dimple? I’d like the weight savings of removing the factory muffler but want to keep the mid pipe stock.

Thanks!
Chris
FYI, one of my best friends bought the track edition without the non resonated mid pipe. It does eliminate one resonator, but not both. The secondary cats stay in place as well. He was pretty disappointed as it not improve much more than stock. He put the non resonated mid pipe in shortly after and was much happier.

I have the switchpath with non resonated mid pipe, and a valve controller, so opened up it theoretically should sound the same as the track edition. It’s a great sounding exhaust, but not obnoxious in any way. I would call it OEM ++ . It does have a slight drone at 2000 rpm under load, like a small hill, not bad. I suspect the track edition without the non resonated mid pipe would sound similar to the switchpath with valves closed.

I coded the ASD out before installing my exhaust so I could baseline what the true sound of the car was. It was quite shocking with ASD turned off. It sounded like my dad’s buick. Very quiet. The amount of sound coming through the stereo is surprising.

If you wanted to leave both resonators in, I’m quite certain it’s going to take custom fabrication. The track edition is made to connect after the first resonator and eliminate the second one. It’s going from a 2.75 pipe to 3” as well.
Appreciate 2