BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #177
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Front doesnt look bad in the right color.
      08-23-2020, 08:41 PM   #178
kc52ar
AR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M3 Fzn Wht, 21 M340i xDrv

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
The graphics as mentioned are very distracting to me but I can imagine the car in all black from this picture, which Isn’t usually my thing but I can see it looking pretty awesome like that.

Wish it would look like this instead!
Attached Images

08-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #179
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Sorry, but that tiny grill with it’s bulbous cerium surround does not look correct to the proportions of the car. It looks more like a third set of headlights.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #180
kc52ar
AR
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
Sorry, but that tiny grill with it’s bulbous cerium surround does not look correct to the proportions of the car. It looks more like a third set of headlights.
Don't have the right tool to do a proper markup from the soon to debut grossly atrocious nostrils...You get the idea.
      08-23-2020, 09:51 PM   #181
kc52ar
AR
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is more like what I have hoped...and no hood line!
Attached Images

08-24-2020, 03:21 AM   #182
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

My F82 feels so fucking old to me now after seeing the G8X grille for so long. Anybody wanna buy a well kept, low mileage Nardo M4?
Appreciate 2
solstice5456.50
Ibiza3611.50
      08-24-2020, 03:22 AM   #183
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc52ar View Post
Quote:
Sorry, but that tiny grill with it's bulbous cerium surround does not look correct to the proportions of the car. It looks more like a third set of headlights.
This is more like what I have hoped...and no hood line!
Hell no!!! That would've been a lame new M.
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      08-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #184
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

like I said most who hate the grill will end up getting one anyways lol. it will grow on most im sure over time. I know I will have one

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 5
LSM1118.00
Ibiza3611.50
Lee808230.50
zamboni1130.50
      08-24-2020, 12:37 PM   #185
RinconHeat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
like I said most who hate the grill will end up getting one anyways lol. it will grow on most im sure over time. I know I will have one
I completely disagree. I won't ever spend the money they're asking for that boarded up window of a grille. I would save for an m5 first but even more likely go to Porsche.
Appreciate 5
GOLFFRR10815.50
J-RO2095.00
      08-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #186
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
My F82 feels so fucking old to me now after seeing the G8X grille for so long. Anybody wanna buy a well kept, low mileage Nardo M4?
I agree with you, F8x grill is 1/4 the size of the G8x.

Aftermarket smaller grill for the G8x, similar to F8x, will be a challenge to account for the functional air vents. Who knows how the front bumper will be attached to the G8x, the work involved to rework the PDC sensors? I foresee aftermarket costing north of $2k + with unknown install labor.
Sedan_Clan25089.50
      08-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #187
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
I agree with you, F8x grill is 1/4 the size of the G8x.

Aftermarket smaller grill for the G8x, similar to F8x, will be a challenge to account for the functional air vents. Who knows how the front bumper will be attached to the G8x, the work involved to rework the PDC sensors? I foresee aftermarket costing north of $2k + with unknown install labor.
I actually like the G8X front end more than the F8X front end, but the F8X front end is worlds better than the E46/E9X front ends IMHO. Modded G8X's are going to look insane.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #188
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I am not one of them.
Appreciate 3
      08-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #189
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
I am not one of them.
Unfortunately we are in the minority.

It really makes you think what's the point of even talking about it.
Since a company (not just car companies) at the beginning can establish a brand with substance, gain a following, then after a while, lose itself in pursue of market share/profit while pumping out bad products.

And yet, as long as the brand it still there, mindless people will continue to put down money for the product for years or decades to come.

It's mind boggling how humans are so easily manipulated.
Appreciate 1
M3nford73.50
      08-24-2020, 05:09 PM   #190
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank.m2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
I am not one of them.

Since a company (not just car companies) at the beginning can establish a brand with substance, gain a following, then after a while, lose itself in pursue of market share/profit while pumping out bad products.

And yet, mindless people will continue to put down money for the product for years or decades to come.

Ummmm hyperbole?!? Pumping out bad products?!? Where BMW is concerned, which product(s) have they pumped out that were/are bad? ....products that us mindless masses continue to buy.
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3505.50
      08-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #191
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ummmm hyperbole?!? Pumping out bad products?!? Where BMW is concerned, which product(s) have they pumped out that were/are bad? ....products that us mindless masses continue to buy.
I have respect for the brand for what it was, but if you can't think of any, actually quite a few, objectively bad products both in design and execution BMW is producing lately, I don't know what to tell you.

A company should suffer consequences when they produce bad products. I don't see that happening anymore with companies with established brands.
Appreciate 1
M3nford73.50
      08-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #192
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have respect for the brand for what it was, but if you can't think of any, actually quite a few, objectively bad products both in design and execution BMW is producing lately, I don't know what to tell you.

A company should suffer consequences when they produce bad products. I don't see that happening anymore with companies with established brands.
Objectively eh? Let's hear it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #193
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Like I said, if you can't see it already, you aren't paying attention, no one can help you there.
Appreciate 1
M3nford73.50
      08-24-2020, 05:36 PM   #194
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Like I said, if you can't see it already, you aren't paying attention, no one can help you there.
You said objective. The use of that term establishes that it's indisputable. So I'm asking again.......which products of late are objectively bad? Stop with the cryptic responses.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #195
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Quote:

And yet, as long as the brand it still there, mindless people will continue to put down money for the product for years or decades to come.

I wonder what cars you might buy 10 years from now when most, including performance cars are EV Wild styling.

I’m writing this on my iPad which is thousands of times more advanced in both technology and styling than its nearly 40 year old predecessor the Macintosh. Hardly a bad product and it’s from a company that is ALL about market share and profit.

Im a 69 year old car guy and have loved BMWs since the E21, although I am not a fan of any 6-figure SUV from a sports car manufacturer like BMW, Porsche, or Jaguar. That said, I think BMW is doing a hell of a job with the evolution of its “heritage” in vehicles that will appeal to a broader and younger market.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #196
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Front doesnt look bad in the right color.
Yeah, doesn't look bad with my beer goggles on either lol
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 09:00 PM   #197
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
You said objective. The use of that term establishes that it's indisputable. So I'm asking again.......which products of late are objectively bad? Stop with the cryptic responses.
I can take a stab at it.

What I think BMW has done lately that is just bad, period:

1. GT cars, it started with the 5 GT (F07) that in opinion, wasn't too ugly but in general, looked like a compromise between an SUV and a wagon. I guess BMW couldn't make up their minds here so they blended the two. Didn't really win over many fans and glad to see they canned it after 2 generations. What they should have done was imported the F11 wagon. That car had some great proportions.

2. Diluting the brand with too many models and too many sub M models like M235i, M240i, M340i, M550i, X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, XXX, etc.

3. Giant sized grilles to attract Chinese market. Enough said about this

4. Releasing M variants over time to extend product life and bump sales. Usually this was done with an LCI but I think BMW figured they could milk it even more by doing LCI and then variants over time to keep numbers up. What they should just do is release them all at the same time so if you want a base M car and that suits your needs, great, if you want something a bit more aggressive, go with the Competition, or if you want a track machine then get a CS/CSL/GTS. I can see CSL and GTS could be later special editions, but BMW just played with us so much with the F8X gen that it seemed like they wanted to get you to buy the same car 2-3x.

5. Not releasing a true halo car like an i8M. With a chassis made of CF and design that looks so damn good, what was BMW thinking by not going another yard by putting in a slightly uprated 4 cylinder motor with more power? Shoot, they could have lied to us and said it was meant to pay homage to the S14 from the E30 M3 and people would have ate it up. But why let such an awesome exotic design go to waste with being just a souped up hybrid? It could have been BMW's first super car since the M1.

BMW just seems to me like a company that has such a proud past that they couldn't let it go but at the same needed to move forward but also didn't exactly know how to embrace the past with the present/future. Instead of transitioning gracefully into EVs and a new design language, they kinda fell flat. They took some unnecessary risks with their design language and also abandoned all the great R&D and CF tech they created for the i8 and i3. Hopefully they will find their way again but for now, I guess we'll have to just wait and see how the G8X is received. I'm still banking not good.
Appreciate 2
      08-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #198
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
I can take a stab at it.

What I think BMW has done lately that is just bad, period:

1. GT cars, it started with the 5 GT (F07) that in opinion, wasn't too ugly but in general, looked like a compromise between an SUV and a wagon. I guess BMW couldn't make up their minds here so they blended the two. Didn't really win over many fans and glad to see they canned it after 2 generations. What they should have done was imported the F11 wagon. That car had some great proportions.

2. Diluting the brand with too many models and too many sub M models like M235i, M240i, M340i, M550i, X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, XXX, etc.

3. Giant sized grilles to attract Chinese market. Enough said about this

4. Releasing M variants over time to extend product life and bump sales. Usually this was done with an LCI but I think BMW figured they could milk it even more by doing LCI and then variants over time to keep numbers up. What they should just do is release them all at the same time so if you want a base M car and that suits your needs, great, if you want something a bit more aggressive, go with the Competition, or if you want a track machine then get a CS/CSL/GTS. I can see CSL and GTS could be later special editions, but BMW just played with us so much with the F8X gen that it seemed like they wanted to get you to buy the same car 2-3x.

5. Not releasing a true halo car like an i8M. With a chassis made of CF and design that looks so damn good, what was BMW thinking by not going another yard by putting in a slightly uprated 4 cylinder motor with more power? Shoot, they could have lied to us and said it was meant to pay homage to the S14 from the E30 M3 and people would have ate it up. But why let such an awesome exotic design go to waste with being just a souped up hybrid? It could have been BMW's first super car since the M1.

BMW just seems to me like a company that has such a proud past that they couldn't let it go but at the same needed to move forward but also didn't exactly know how to embrace the past with the present/future. Instead of transitioning gracefully into EVs and a new design language, they kinda fell flat. They took some unnecessary risks with their design language and also abandoned all the great R&D and CF tech they created for the i8 and i3. Hopefully they will find their way again but for now, I guess we'll have to just wait and see how the G8X is received. I'm still banking not good.
Most of that sounds like emotional/subjective critiques rather than OBJECTIVE critiques. Try again.
Appreciate 2
VetteGuy845.50
ONE1125.00