BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

12-16-2020, 03:03 AM   #23
KINY3RA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '93 e36 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Aren't they March release though? Maybe see if it and all that is fine but are cars released in Jan?

Saying that there is always a killer thread on Bimmerpost from the 1st car out in the wild. Usually in the Emirates and the owner/poster gets 1,000,000 questions
Recall the guy who got the F80 and F87 before anyone else? Those pages were wild!
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      12-16-2020, 03:20 AM   #24
hayko_M340
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I

Wait so a screw somewhere in the exhaust is loose? And if I'm not mistaken the valves on the new G80/G82 are integrated within the muffler meaning they can't be unplugged to keep them open. I could be wrong but from all the videos so far on the car couldn't see any valve motors and can hear some open and close instantly whenever revved. Similar design to benz/audi. Keep us updated on the recall!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 03:34 AM   #25
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
Hey everyone,
So my G82 M4 is on the boat to MD. My CA and SA told me there is a recall for the Screw Connection Exhaust System.

My car is estimated to arrive in North America, USA 12/30/20.
We are hoping they can perform the recall at the port before it dispatches to the dealer.

We are unsure exactly what the recall is... But I'm stoked.
What boat is your car on? My M5 arrives on the 12/30 as well.
2002 M5 Carbon Black (sold) should have never sold her
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 03:49 AM   #26
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayko_M340 View Post
Wait so a screw somewhere in the exhaust is loose? And if I'm not mistaken the valves on the new G80/G82 are integrated within the muffler meaning they can't be unplugged to keep them open. I could be wrong but from all the videos so far on the car couldn't see any valve motors and can hear some open and close instantly whenever revved. Similar design to benz/audi. Keep us updated on the recall!
Yes, they are integrated, at least I was not able to spot them from outside (had a private closed room session last week, where I had 2 hours with a BMW product genious to explore the new M4)

But what I can say, car sounds great so far, and if you switch to sport the valve opens. I was very impressed by the sound have to say
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      12-16-2020, 03:57 AM   #27
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINY3RA View Post
Recall the guy who got the F80 and F87 before anyone else? Those pages were wild!
Was a white car I think?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #28
rideontwo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VaNOs

Quote:
Hey everyone,
So my G82 M4 is on the boat to MD. My CA and SA told me there is a recall for the Screw Connection Exhaust System.

We are hoping they can perform the recall at the port before it dispatches to the dealer.

I read the front page headlines as “BMW issued a recall for the screwed up front end.”
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 10:12 PM   #29
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

If you have toured a BMW plant (like SC) and watched what it takes to make a car/truck, you probably will never buy an early production vehicle.

That said, having the first one is always special.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 12:18 AM   #30
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I have to call bs on that. Something doesn't smell right. "Fix it at the port" you can't wrench on a car at the port, they won't let you. Just to get into the port you need a TWIC and I can't imagine there are any BMW mechanics that have one. I assume as this was a specialty order from Germany this is coming in a container and not on a RoRo with a bunch of other cars. Either way when they are discharged they need to move the cargo away from the port or container yard as quickly as possible otherwise they will start to accrue demurrage which can be quite expensive.

Do you have a shipment number or bill of lading number?

I am certain the dealership has it or has even sent you a copy of it.

We can find out what ship she's on through that information and track where on the water she is.

In my opinion it sounds a bit strange that other dealerships haven't heard of the recall. So it's possible that they are trying to stall for whatever reason.

Oh and congrats on the new car, I hope you brings you years of joy and smiles. But let me know on the shipping info and I can track it for you. I work for a fairly large German container shipping company and have shipped my car from US to England and Greece back to US (I know, why not just buy another one).

Makis
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 06:01 AM   #31
siberius
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i

Just got informed by dealer my car got recalled bmw M4 produced mid April - problems on a rear track. He can not tell me exactly what is the problem since BMW said only to stop the sales and they will wait for a further instruction what to check and possible repair in next few days. Sucks to wait another week or more at the dealer :/ but i hope they fix the problem if it exists.
Appreciate 0