BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

04-21-2022, 05:24 AM   #23
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I had a manual C7, and I will tell you, even though you're looking at a manual M, that my M4 Comp xDrive, blew the doors off of a C7. I got tangled up, in Mexico, with one, a few months ago, and it was pretty much a joke. I'm not sure how the manual would fair, against one, but I would think that you could at least walk one.

Now, as far as the ownership experience, I got rid of mine, because I let my OCD get the best of me. The leather on the dash, and the center armrest, started to bubble, ever so slightly. It was just the glue coming undone, and I only had 8k miles on it. I traded it in, and they were able to repair it all under warranty, so, they weren't worried about it. I just couldn't deal with it, anymore. Second, was the paint. The orange peel, was so bad, it just made me want to

The BMW is miles better in every way, when it comes to interior, and leather. This is how bad the orange peel was on mine, with a paint inspection light.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
boss2k1113.50
      05-08-2022, 08:00 PM   #24
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Backing out of my M4 order, had an allocation and was at 112 status but fortunately drove a manual M4 twice , its a great car dont get me wrong and more improved than the F80/82 ( owned 2 F80's) but the car feels too big and muted , more luxurious than a sports car. Coming from a C7 vette i like the vette much more having back to back drives. Also dont need 4 doors/ 4 seat options now as i drive the car alone 99% time.

The manual transmission is good and big improvement but the clutch feels long and too light, not natural.