BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-07-2024, 06:09 AM   #1
hhmG82
Registered
Rep
Drives: G82 - 21

G82 - Track build

Hello,

I recently purchased M4 G82 2021 model RWD and i'm planning to turn it into a time attack car.

From the early testing i have with the car i noticed it likes to roll and i need to change the brake lines, fluid and pads for a better performance

Also, is cooling going to be an issue ?, so far i have been pushing the car and no issues with the cooling.

Let me know what's your experience if you track the car and what things i should consider.

Before the M4 i had a supra Mk5 which was a straight forward build.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 06:51 AM   #2
Jobe10
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmG82 View Post
Hello,

I recently purchased M4 G82 2021 model RWD and i'm planning to turn it into a time attack car.

From the early testing i have with the car i noticed it likes to roll and i need to change the brake lines, fluid and pads for a better performance

Also, is cooling going to be an issue ?, so far i have been pushing the car and no issues with the cooling.

Let me know what's your experience if you track the car and what things i should consider.

Before the M4 i had a supra Mk5 which was a straight forward build.

Thanks,
Just strip as mutch of the weight as you can.
Get some custom track focused coil overs.

Cooling WILL NOT be a problem unless you drive it in the sahara that is.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 07:21 AM   #3
hhmG82
Registered
Rep
Drives: G82 - 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe10 View Post
Just strip as mutch of the weight as you can.
Get some custom track focused coil overs.

Cooling WILL NOT be a problem unless you drive it in the sahara that is.

Yep we got it weighted at 1774 kg and we will start the diet.

Which coilovers do you recommend ?

well i drive in the sahara weather and i will go on summer to track so i guess i need to upgrade the cooling
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 08:18 AM   #4
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Make sure you remove the brake air plastic covers in the front fender liners for better cooling while you're pushing it
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 08:33 AM   #5
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
It sounds like you have more track experience than me (1 season under my belt in my G80), but maybe I can provide some useful input.

Only things I’ve done to the car are brake pads and fluid. I’ve also tracked on the stock pads and never noticed any fade during ~20 minute sessions.

I didn’t notice much body roll, but the car is heavy and I’m still learning how to utilize weight transfer consistently in the corners. Overall, I think I have a lot more I can get out of this car in terms of lap times. I usually only put the car in sport suspension and find sport plus to be too stiff on most tracks.

I haven’t had any cooling issues in ~80F degree weather. Only issues I’ve ran into were tires. I’ve run the stock wheels and PS4S tires every time and my tire management is objectively “shite”. I overheat the tires and my lap times suffer as the grip goes with it.

My next step in my journey is going to be tires and how to manage them as I learn to extract more from this car. Good luck and have fun out there with the new ride!
Appreciate 0