BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

09-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #67
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Mine has been awaiting carrier transport for a month now. Thought it would change once they got back from vacation...apparently they need to build another boat or something and get these cars shipped out. Holy crap, transportation is pretty important
      09-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #68
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Mine has been awaiting carrier transport for a month now. Thought it would change once they got back from vacation...apparently they need to build another boat or something and get these cars shipped out. Holy crap, transportation is pretty important
Ugh 😩
Can we go pick it up and put some miles on it at the nurburgring? 😊
Appreciate 1
ptgltw3774.50
      09-02-2022, 07:17 PM   #69
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVJ61 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMG View Post
I ordered mine with the full carbon race Seats and I doubt it will ever see the track but you never know.
I like the seats in my M5 CS even on long drives.

The full carbon race seats felt fine for me when I went for a ride in the csl.
Okay thank you
I doubt about it because i hated the race seats in my SVJ and now also have an STO with race seats. Painful
They definitely fell better than the lambo buckets.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 06:12 AM   #70
SVJ61
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M5 CS, URUS, STO, RS Etron

Garage List
Quote:
What do you think of rest worth when you want to sell the car in 2-3 years. Which one is more wanted with the Race Bucket or Sport bucket seats?
I have the Frozen Brooklyn Grey color.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2022, 06:37 AM   #71
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:

What do you think of rest worth when you want to sell the car in 2-3 years. Which one is more wanted with the Race Bucket or Sport bucket seats?
I would have thought, for a car like the CSL, race buckets would be a must-have
Chicane_1050.00
      09-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #72
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "IMG;29291246"

I would have thought, for a car like the CSL, race buckets would be a must-have
I think the cars with race buckets will be worth more or sell faster then the ones without.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2022, 12:31 PM   #73
SVJ61
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
I think the cars with race buckets will be worth more or sell faster then the ones without.
ok thank you for response
i also think the same
Appreciate 1
marv800126.00
      09-03-2022, 06:01 PM   #74
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVJ61 View Post
Quote:
If I would to buy one down the road, I'd want it with the full carbon buckets. It's the better option for that car.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2022, 06:06 PM   #75
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
keep it unique. no point in making a csl into a comp.
Appreciate 3
IMG1122.00
npcars47.50
      09-07-2022, 09:57 AM   #76
SVJ61
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Hi I got this message from my dealer so i changed to the normal bucket seats, the race buckets seats are not possible untill december. So i changed to the normal sport bucket seats.
I can wait but it is a risk when i will wait and they doesn't have production place.
I am sad but i don't want to take risk to loose the production number and the other seats are also better in comfort.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 12:14 PM   #77
cslll
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL

CSL review

Is anyone slightly weirded out by the lack of reviews on this car? It's being delivered to owners but no journalists have been able to drive one? I understand it's a super limited edition but it does seem unusual, typically there are articles everywhere for exotic new cars but they've only let journalists sit in the car and rev the engine at a standstill?! Worried the reviews will be "too harsh", "overpowered/dangerous/twitchy" and so on. In other words an M4 GTS rerun. I love the look of the thing, and the concept, but paying around $200k to drive it out the dealership (bit less if you're lucky, a lot more if you're in an area where prices are being really jacked up) means the value could be crushed by poor reviews.

Yes, yes I shouldn't worry about the value and just drive it every day and enjoy it......which I will.....but no one likes an asset that sheds value the moment you take ownership.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 12:32 PM   #78
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslll View Post
Is anyone slightly weirded out by the lack of reviews on this car? It's being delivered to owners but no journalists have been able to drive one? I understand it's a super limited edition but it does seem unusual, typically there are articles everywhere for exotic new cars but they've only let journalists sit in the car and rev the engine at a standstill?! Worried the reviews will be "too harsh", "overpowered/dangerous/twitchy" and so on. In other words an M4 GTS rerun. I love the look of the thing, and the concept, but paying around $200k to drive it out the dealership (bit less if you're lucky, a lot more if you're in an area where prices are being really jacked up) means the value could be crushed by poor reviews.

Yes, yes I shouldn't worry about the value and just drive it every day and enjoy it......which I will.....but no one likes an asset that sheds value the moment you take ownership.
I'm not worried about it. There were no cars, the car was announced, orders opened, and production began very quickly. I just don't think there was really that kind of time and inventory involved with this car to get units out for reviews and driving. I don't feel like anything is being hidden.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 02:13 PM   #79
cslll
Enlisted Member
Rep

I think there were pre-production models available a while back (Goodwood) that looked like the finished article.....and given that customer orders are being fulfilled I am a little surprised no one has got to review it. Big picture I think you're probably right but it's certainly a little unusual.....
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 02:35 PM   #80
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslll View Post
I think there were pre-production models available a while back (Goodwood) that looked like the finished article.....and given that customer orders are being fulfilled I am a little surprised no one has got to review it. Big picture I think you're probably right but it's certainly a little unusual.....
UK press reviews are this month (Joe achillies just said he'd have a review a couple weeks). He did say he's only getting 6 hours with the car, but that's similar to the situation that was in place for the M5 CS.

BMW seems to be more concerned with getting cars to customers then launching a giant press event. That's a good thing.

I imagine that EVO will have its review in the November issue (the October issue came out today). Or it's very possible the first review is at ECoty.

For people who's cars are delivering, you'll have to trust BMW. If my car was coming in now, I'd just buy it without hesitation.
Appreciate 1
ptgltw3774.50
      09-07-2022, 03:35 PM   #81
cslll
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yep, agreed. Doesn't put me off but the longer delivery times at least provide the opportunity to consider options. Or perhaps beat the dealer down on their mark up a little
Thx
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 05:52 PM   #82
F82G82AND
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

https://youtube.com/shorts/VRl8cZXp5Eo?feature=share

Super sick~~~
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 07:20 PM   #83
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornkhj View Post
Watching this start-up video makes me wonder why I ever doubted the merits of this car. It looks so wild and special in that short video, its going to be awesome.

Can't wait to get mine.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 08:52 AM   #84
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

RE: Red Sticker

My SA was out at Indy for the launch. Although he didn't rub his hands acrossed the tape, he took some pics. It appears to be on top. If that's the case, the longevity of this is questionable.

I'm asking him now if there is a red sticker package available for order.

If so, I might be removing mine and then adding back on if and when I sell.

Last edited by ptgltw; 09-09-2022 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 12:52 AM   #85
East Coast Supra
Rep
Drives: 23 BMW M4 CSL/20 Toyota Supra

Just signed for my csl yesterday. Unfortunately was not able to get plates until Monday. This was a dealer specd allocation. AW, Graphic Delete, M-Bucket Seats.

A couple of things I知 working on.

There is a strip kit available to purchase. I plan on doing so and offering with the car if ever sold.

I知 looking into swapping for the full bucket seats as I will be using the car mostly for promotional and track use.

If anyone is interested in the power seats for their full buckets I can facilitate the transport/shipping or meet you.

Other than that the car is amazing! I have been calling all dealerships for the last 3-4 weeks and just got lucky a few days ago. Called as it was coming off of the truck one morning, not allocated and for MSRP. I stopped what I was doing and put a deposit on it within the hour. They said it was the fastest a car has ever sold after coming off the truck. Very lucky and excited to bring our expertise from the b58 platform over to the s58.
Appreciate 2
jmg18658.50
      09-10-2022, 04:23 AM   #86
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Supra View Post
Just signed for my csl yesterday. Unfortunately was not able to get plates until Monday. This was a dealer specd allocation. AW, Graphic Delete, M-Bucket Seats.

There is a strip kit available to purchase. I plan on doing so and offering with the car if ever sold.

I知 looking into swapping for the full bucket seats as I will be using the car mostly for promotional and track use.

If anyone is interested in the power seats for their full buckets I can facilitate the transport/shipping or meet you.

Other than that the car is amazing! I have been calling all dealerships for the last 3-4 weeks and just got lucky a few days ago. Called as it was coming off of the truck one morning, not allocated and for MSRP. I stopped what I was doing and put a deposit on it within the hour. They said it was the fastest a car has ever sold after coming off the truck. Very lucky and excited to bring our expertise from the b58 platform over to the s58.
Congratulations to the power of infinity

Pix, videos, stories please please 😁
      09-10-2022, 08:46 AM   #87
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:

A couple of things I'm working on.

I'm looking into swapping for the full bucket seats as I will be using the car mostly for promotional and track use.

Congrats! An unallocated MSRP CSL is pretty rare. As far as the full buckets, I think you are going to have to order those. Absolutely no one who specced a car with the full buckets will be swapping (at least not anyone on BP), I'm pretty confident saying that.

It seems a pretty good chunk of dealers specced their car accidentally with the power seats. I wouldn't be surprised if only 50% of the US CSLs are full buckets (which would be around 120 cars if the full allocation is 240).

BMW might yet make a replacement manual bucket performance part for a version of these seats. But I wouldn't be surprised if the replacement part cost for a set of 2 is 30-40k.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #88
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:

Very impressive, many paid over MSRP and they actually ordered the sag allocations hit.. Let us know and post photos!
Appreciate 0