BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-13-2022, 06:14 AM   #507
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTDR1V View Post
I mentioned in another thread I got a fast one pulled on me too. Had >2 email confirmations that my 0.9% was 'locked in', even though >90 days - they said they could push it over, given the timing of my order and have done it before.

I was offered 3.49 upon signing the deal. 1 full percent above what was produced on the website.

They're unfortunately getting greedy.
I did a hard credit pull in September 21 and have not done one since. The dealer again told me yesterday they can call BMWFS and get me the old rate since I was approved previously.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 06:21 AM   #508
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimetti View Post
Thanks again all. On going I say we make this thread about week 1 orders. Enough about me and my situation. I'll probably create my own thread later next week somewhere else on the forums depending on how it plays out. Social platforms are a crazy tool these days , like the person above mentioned. We shall see!
Many of the Week X threads all have this very same discussion complete with the armchair lawyering.

I am mostly interested to see who is getting a week 1 car and to confirm it doesn't have a touch CID.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 06:40 AM   #509
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ram rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Quote:
Thanks again all. On going I say we make this thread about week 1 orders. Enough about me and my situation. I'll probably create my own thread later next week somewhere else on the forums depending on how it plays out. Social platforms are a crazy tool these days , like the person above mentioned. We shall see!
Many of the Week X threads all have this very same discussion complete with the armchair lawyering.

I am mostly interested to see who is getting a week 1 car and to confirm it doesn't have a touch CID.
Touchscreen was there. Touch idrive too.
Appreciate 2
edofloat453.00
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 06:53 AM   #510
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Quote:

Touchscreen was there. Touch idrive too.
Same. No features missing here
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 07:27 AM   #511
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Everyone is so fed up with bmw and the dealerships shenanigans that when they see someone else getting screwed (again) it pisses them off.

Once you make a decision on which direction you are taking with your car make sure you put this dealership on blast. Even, if for some reason, they come threw the fact that they tried that bullshit is unforgivable

I was browsing Porsche, Mercedes' and Audi forums and it doesn't seem like those guys are going through the same or even close amount of bs as us.
Appreciate 4
aimetti163.50
Spiffx448.00
m2otwo147.50
yabo2c192.50
      02-13-2022, 09:25 AM   #512
mechicdl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Mustang GT

What can be done to avoid this type of situation? All I have is a build sheet that shows MSRP. Should I be asking for a purchase agreement before the car gets here?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 09:28 AM   #513
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechicdl View Post
What can be done to avoid this type of situation? All I have is a build sheet that shows MSRP. Should I be asking for a purchase agreement before the car gets here?
This is what I got from my dealer in addition to the build sheet. Still, this doesn't guarantee anything.

I also have a similar sheet from Porsche, but that one came with the MSRP crossed out with pen and a note that reads "MSRP subject to change".
Attached Images

02-13-2022, 09:29 AM   #514
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Not much really, we're at the whim of the dealers. In some cases, legal action (or the threat of) can work, but if they decide to go after more money, not much the consumer can do.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2022, 09:36 AM   #515
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Once you sign your purchase agreement your payments will start. My dealer said they could only do this once they had a VIN. So, that's an option, but this could mean that you'd start making payments months before you get your car (given the current situation).

Also, this only accelerates the conversation. If they want to shaft you they still can and will. You'll just know sooner.
      02-13-2022, 09:38 AM   #516
mechicdl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffx View Post
This is what I got from my dealer in addition to the build sheet. Still, this doesn't guarantee anything.

I also have a similar sheet from Porsche, but that one came with the MSRP crossed out with pen and a note that reads "MSRP subject to change".
Thanks for sharing, something like this would be comforting but they didnt even take the time to fill in the make and model.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 09:41 AM   #517
mechicdl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Not much really, we're at the whim of the dealers. In some cases, legal action (or the threat of) can work, but if they decide to go after more money, not much the consumer can do.
Gotcha, I figured its up to the dealer in the end. Just want to make sure there isn’t some key step in the ordering process that I missed..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 09:44 AM   #518
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for sharing, something like this would be comforting but they didnt even take the time to fill in the make and model.
You are correct. That came with the build sheet. Two separate documents, I know. Nevertheless, I've bought cars from this person many times and we "trust each other". I bought my first car from him when he was the Internet Sales person, and now he is the Director of New and Pre-Owned Car sales. Also, it's widely known that this dealer in my area behaves different to the rest. He was upfront with me from day one saying "I can't give you a discount, but we also won't charge you above MSRP".

I'll post here when my deal is completed and let you all now how it went.
      02-13-2022, 09:45 AM   #519
mechicdl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Once you sign your purchase agreement your payments will start. My dealer said they could only do this once they had a VIN. So, that's an option, but this could mean that you'd start making payments months before you get your car (given the current situation).

Also, this only accelerates the conversation. If they want to shaft you they still can and will. You'll just know sooner.
Thanks that makes sense. I am flying out of state to pick mine up, so wondering if there is anyway I can find out if I am getting the shaft ahead of time. Lol
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 09:48 AM   #520
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks that makes sense. I am flying out of state to pick mine up, so wondering if there is anyway I can find out if I am getting the shaft ahead of time. Lol
I think in your case you have a valid reason to want to see the purchase agreement ahead of taking the trip there. I'd ask if I were you. You're now close enough to delivery and can tell them that you need to see the contract before you buy your plane ticket (whether you're buying a plane ticket or not is irrelevant).
      02-13-2022, 09:48 AM   #521
aimetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ram rebel

Quote:
Quote:

Yea I also got a sheet like that with all the fees and tax and such. No mention of any other price increases. Not once in the entire process was anything but msrp mentioned.

It's one thing to charge a markup for an available allocation or car on the lot. Still pretty scummy but I understand for the need of it now type of people.

But to wait months for an allocation / building / shipping for an agreed upon price only to at the very last second throw a 10k markup is about as low as it gets in the car salesman game. I almost look forward to blasting them at this point.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 09:51 AM   #522
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea I also got a sheet like that with all the fees and tax and such. No mention of any other price increases. Not once in the entire process was anything but msrp mentioned.

It's one thing to charge a markup for an available allocation or car on the lot. Still pretty scummy but I understand for the need of it now type of people.

But to wait months for an allocation / building / shipping for an agreed upon price only to at the very last second throw a 10k markup is about as low as it gets in the car salesman game. I almost look forward to blasting them at this point.
Talk to a lawyer. You have a written document from them. I think you have a case.
      02-13-2022, 10:00 AM   #523
mechicdl
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think in your case you have a valid reason to want to see the purchase agreement ahead of taking the trip there. I'd ask if I were you. You're now close enough to delivery and can tell them that you need to see the contract before you buy your plane ticket (whether you're buying a plane ticket or not is irrelevant).
Thanks, I am going to call and ask next week.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 10:29 AM   #524
dilsere2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Anyone still at NY port waiting for carrier…mine is still waiting however as per CA it's due tomorrow at dealership….mine is headed to PA.
      02-13-2022, 10:31 AM   #525
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsere2 View Post
Anyone still at NY port waiting for carrier…mine is still waiting however as per CA it's due tomorrow at dealership….mine is headed to PA.
I'm still a port in Germany lol
Appreciate 2
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 10:32 AM   #526
dilsere2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
Quote:
anyone still at ny port waiting for carrier…mine is still waiting however as per ca it's due tomorrow at dealership….mine is headed to pa.
i'm still a port in germany lol
😆😆😆 I been waiting since 2/9 🤣🤣
      02-13-2022, 10:35 AM   #527
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
anyone still at ny port waiting for carrier…mine is still waiting however as per ca it's due tomorrow at dealership….mine is headed to pa.
😆😆😆
Yeah I've been in port since 1/9! I've been in contact with bmw usa. I left a tweet/message for bmw. They got ahold of me and said they are looking in to it and apologize for the inconvenience. But she said they brought it up in a morning meeting and will get back to me Monday!
Appreciate 2
Spiffx448.00
      02-13-2022, 11:13 AM   #528
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
😆😆😆
Yeah I've been in port since 1/9! I've been in contact with bmw usa. I left a tweet/message for bmw. They got ahold of me and said they are looking in to it and apologize for the inconvenience. But she said they brought it up in a morning meeting and will get back to me Monday!
I can only imagine how that meeting went

Wendy: "hey guys. We are a fucking mess. Cars are sitting around in parking lots. Parts are missing. There is no order to when cars are shipped. People are pissed! What do we do?!"

Senior management: "yes"

Meeting concluded.
Appreciate 4
Spiffx448.00
'Cane8584.50