BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-17-2023, 02:25 PM   #23
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Serious question regarding iD8…..

So I have iD7 and NEVER touch the screen because I can’t stand fingerprints on my otherwise clean interior. I literally use the iDrive wheel/buttons for everything. My question is….is there a way to completely avoid touching the screen with iD8? Or, have they pigeon holed people into having no choice but to use the screen as a touchpad?
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1245.00
mapster37357.00
      03-17-2023, 02:40 PM   #24
Znomorph4theWin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp M xDrive

From what I can tell, 99.9% can be done using the dial. Like you, I hate fingerprints

The only thing I can’t figure out to use the dial is to configure the order of the widgets. That was only time I needed to use the screen. Of course, once you configure your set up, you don’t really need to do it again in less you change your mind)

I even have the climate control as a quick access shortcut (push the controller up to access the shortcuts) and you can use the controller to scroll through and select the various functions. For cabin temperature changes, I just use in car voice control.
Appreciate 1
The Nerd422.50
      03-23-2023, 09:50 PM   #25
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Serious question regarding iD8…..

So I have iD7 and NEVER touch the screen because I can’t stand fingerprints on my otherwise clean interior. I literally use the iDrive wheel/buttons for everything. My question is….is there a way to completely avoid touching the screen with iD8? Or, have they pigeon holed people into having no choice but to use the screen as a touchpad?
Id8 is awesome.
Don’t avoid it.
It’s great.
Appreciate 0