BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-03-2023, 11:40 AM   #23
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Once the vehicle has been initially registered, is it possible to update the ID in BM3 software? or you need to contact PTF?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 11:41 AM   #24
MIM5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
Once the vehicle has been initially registered, is it possible to update the ID in BM3 software? or you need to contact PTF?
You have to contact bm3.
Appreciate 1
chris3g1562.50
      02-06-2024, 02:39 PM   #25
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIM5 View Post
Hi guys, sorry about the late reply. I just wanted to get everything resolved before I post. So basically what happened was, I purchased bm3 license and registered my car to it about two months ago. During the time I was waiting to do the femto unlock I received an ota update. Basically when bm3 registers your car it takes a snap shot of the “ID” of your dme. When the ota update happened the “ID” changed. So when femto received the dme, they unlocked it with the current “ID” from the ota update I had. When my dme came back and I downloaded a map, it was building the stage 2 map based on what was on record from BM3, which was the old “ID”. So when I flashed it there was a mismatch, which caused the dme to brick. My solution was to have the dme relocked and flashed to stock. And then I had to send it back off to Femto.

I received my dme back yesterday and protuning freaks made sure everything matches before I flashed. So everything is great now.

Big thanks to Serge and the guys at femto. They were awesome to work with. Serge followed up with every step and even contacted Femto regarding the situation. Femto themselves were able to do the second lock quickly and send it back quickly as well. Kudos to both companies for awesome customer service!!

Good info. Same exact thing happened to me.

Last edited by Dawgz; 02-06-2024 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 06:41 PM   #26
g80ml9
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Hey guys, I reciived my dme back a couple days ago. The customrom is not popping up in the app. I flashed the ots maps and checked again and it still didn’t pop up. The ots maps that I’m on indicate that I have custom rom and all the map switching and ethanol content gauges work on my cruise control button but my live adjust and live gauges in the app don’t work. Do you guys have any advice ?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 07:35 PM   #27
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by g80ml9 View Post
Hey guys, I reciived my dme back a couple days ago. The customrom is not popping up in the app. I flashed the ots maps and checked again and it still didn’t pop up. The ots maps that I’m on indicate that I have custom rom and all the map switching and ethanol content gauges work on my cruise control button but my live adjust and live gauges in the app don’t work. Do you guys have any advice ?
I’d flash again and see if the live adjust and gauges work. If not then you have to email PTF Support.