04-02-2023, 06:22 AM   #45
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Question to those that know this process from both sides:

Does my build rarity impact the speed at which I get an allocation (first place in line)? Same question but for how quickly it is finally delivered to me?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 11:33 AM   #46
JTNHx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Question to those that know this process from both sides:

Does my build rarity impact the speed at which I get an allocation (first place in line)? Same question but for how quickly it is finally delivered to me?

Thank you
It shouldn’t impact the allocation unless the dealer is playing games - Depending on what you mean by rarity it could impact build time (Individual color for example, or if you do the full leather and chose a different color for the dash vs the rest of the car)

But in general, standard options shouldn’t delay it. If you get options that have to be installed at port that will add a little time (m performance parts)

Only other thing I can think of is if any parts in the build are on back order or something? But typically you’ll hear about those on the forums.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2023, 01:51 PM   #47
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTNHx View Post
It shouldn’t impact the allocation unless the dealer is playing games - Depending on what you mean by rarity it could impact build time (Individual color for example, or if you do the full leather and chose a different color for the dash vs the rest of the car)

But in general, standard options shouldn’t delay it. If you get options that have to be installed at port that will add a little time (m performance parts)

Only other thing I can think of is if any parts in the build are on back order or something? But typically you’ll hear about those on the forums.
I have none of those situations so I should be good. I plan Fjord Blue interior (not full merino) which I expect to be polarizing, but hopefully dealer trusts me to convert.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 02:29 PM   #48
mdr955
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
I have none of those situations so I should be good. I plan Fjord Blue interior (not full merino) which I expect to be polarizing, but hopefully dealer trusts me to convert.
What exterior? I saw a blue one with the interior and I thought it looked great, but I think the exterior color matters with that blue.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 04:16 PM   #49
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr955 View Post
What exterior? I saw a blue one with the interior and I thought it looked great, but I think the exterior color matters with that blue.
Playing safe with BSM. Tanzanite is my backup, but it hurts my budget. White is my economy backup option. I know I know Brooklyn is the boss move but I have done gray on my 440 I need a change
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 12:20 PM   #50
Onafolddraw
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3

i dealt with tulley and had a great experience with them. i put my deposit of 3k down on last week of June 2022 and i received allocation on the first week of December and then production number the week after. car was on the boat the first week of January and I took delivery 3rd week of January. i was told that i am #9 on the list when i put down deposit, this is for 2023 m3 xdrive
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2023, 01:53 PM   #51
Rux
Captain
Rep
Drives: Little of this, little of that

Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [0.00]
2022 BMW G82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onafolddraw View Post
i dealt with tulley and had a great experience with them. i put my deposit of 3k down on last week of June 2022 and i received allocation on the first week of December and then production number the week after. car was on the boat the first week of January and I took delivery 3rd week of January. i was told that i am #9 on the list when i put down deposit, this is for 2023 m3 xdrive
Glad to hear. Maybe they cleaned their shit up after I lost mine on the Sales Manager. Doubtful but I guess you caught them on an off day.
      04-03-2023, 10:00 PM   #52
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onafolddraw View Post
Those numbers are depressing. All across the board.

Am I the only one that thinks so?

Is 6 months for a top volume dealer in new england good?!

Yuck 🤮
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 05:09 PM   #53
Rux
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [0.00]
2022 BMW G82  [0.00]
I think the term custom and individual are points of confusion. Here are the ways you can buy a G80/G82 from fastest to slowest.

1. Find one on the lot! It happens! Although you might need to compromise some, this is the fastest way. That convenience might cost you more. Let me give you a real world right now example.
Here is a "2022 M4 Competition" for sale right down the road in Westwood Mass. https://www.highlinemotorgroup.com/v...owell-MA-01851

If you research further you can find a nice video of it.

If you look hard, based on what I have given here, you will see some of the issues.

2. Get a lease broker. Honestly I always lease high end common despreciating assets. Pay the fee, let them find exactly what you want.

3. Order one. 6 months or less. The only thing that will make your order take longer are things that pull your car out of the assembly que and into a specialized area. Things like special colors cause this.

The other thing that will delay delivery are port installed options and/or issues with shipping.

Your ordered vehicle will stop at the VPC (for us it is in New Jersey). Any optional MPerf pieces can be installed there and differs depending on availability. If any claims for damage in shipping or repairs need to be completed, this will happen at the VPC and will delay delivery.

Beyond acts of nature, it is pretty much cut and dry.

There is really nothing rare or uncommon about a M3/M4. Specs that the dealer will have a hard time selling if you back out might cause your deposit to be higher. Beyond that, just forget you ordered it and before you know, it will be there waiting for you. Then you can wait for break in.
      05-11-2023, 06:40 PM   #54
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rux View Post
I think the term custom and individual are points of confusion. Here are the ways you can buy a G80/G82 from fastest to slowest.

1. Find one on the lot! It happens! Although you might need to compromise some, this is the fastest way. That convenience might cost you more. Let me give you a real world right now example.
Here is a "2022 M4 Competition" for sale right down the road in Westwood Mass. https://www.highlinemotorgroup.com/v...owell-MA-01851

If you research further you can find a nice video of it. https://youtu.be/ypLw1tuLQUo?t=1

If you look hard, based on what I have given here, you will see some of the issues.

2. Get a lease broker. Honestly I always lease high end common despreciating assets. Pay the fee, let them find exactly what you want.

3. Order one. 6 months or less. The only thing that will make your order take longer are things that pull your car out of the assembly que and into a specialized area. Things like special colors cause this.

The other thing that will delay delivery are port installed options and/or issues with shipping.

Your ordered vehicle will stop at the VPC (for us it is in New Jersey). Any optional MPerf pieces can be installed there and differs depending on availability. If any claims for damage in shipping or repairs need to be completed, this will happen at the VPC and will delay delivery.

Beyond acts of nature, it is pretty much cut and dry.

There is really nothing rare or uncommon about a M3/M4. Specs that the [...]
Highline seems to have no BMWs of 2022 or 2023, so not much options there.

I have a friend who says even rare interior colors can sideline your order ie they stonewall you without telling. Anyone else agree or disagree? I am getting no where with my order after nearly 4 months
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 12:05 PM   #55
Rux
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [0.00]
2022 BMW G82  [0.00]
Not sure why. Just a quick search shows these

https://www.bmwofsudbury.com/new-inv...el=M4&model=M3

Looks like they have an M3CS as well. What they actually have i am not sure. Really the car is not rare.
      05-12-2023, 06:44 PM   #56
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rux View Post
Not sure why. Just a quick search shows these

https://www.bmwofsudbury.com/new-inv...el=M4&model=M3

Looks like they have an M3CS as well. What they actually have i am not sure. Really the car is not rare.
Those are some awful prices. A base M4 should not be 90. An xdrive coupe should not be 100 with those stripper options.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 06:42 PM   #57
bimmerhead2023
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3, 2018 M550

Garage List
2018 BMW M550xi  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7  [0.00]
2023 BMW G80 M3  [10.00]
I highly recommend Norwood BMW fwiw. I work with Daniela (salesperson) and Mike (sales manager). Have bought a few cars from them and they are legitimately normal, straight, and honest.

Just ordered my g80 about 5-6 weeks ago. $1k deposit. No stipulations. I changed the build a couple times and they called to confirm exactly what I wanted. I received an allocation of end of April.

They’re awesome. Warwick RI BMW actually offered me $1k less and I wasn’t willing to switch.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 01:07 PM   #58
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Update: I was able to get to 111 status (order accepted by bmw) yesterday at the dealership. They showed me that it is in fact for a 2024 with the large screen, etc and that the full price is almost 1.3k USD more than the 2023 same-optioned price, arg that’s a pricey screen

I also was able to get a 112 (allocation for optioning) from another new england dealer, which I talked about but did not take.

It’s prob not the ideal time for me to buy, I do live in city. What do you think?

The main reason I am considering is bc my 440 is not young, 75k miles, worth decent on used market, and have always wanted a M3/M4. The used market is hilarious right now with dealers wanting near-new prices for cars with 10k-25k miles.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 01:18 PM   #59
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Update: I was able to get to 111 status (order accepted by bmw) yesterday at the dealership. They showed me that it is in fact for a 2024 with the large screen, etc and that the full price is almost 1.3k USD more than the 2023 same-optioned price, arg that’s a pricey screen

I also was able to get a 112 (allocation for optioning) from another new england dealer, which I talked about but did not take.

It’s prob not the ideal time for me to buy, I do live in city. What do you think?

The main reason I am considering is bc my 440 is not young, 75k miles, worth decent on used market, and have always wanted a M3/M4. The used market is hilarious right now with dealers wanting near-new prices for cars with 10k-25k miles.
Yea it’s hard to find any lightly used M3 for reasonable price. They all want MSRP which at that point makes no sense. Mine in production now. I ended ordering new because I am not willing to pay full price for something that’s not exactly what I want. If it’s discounted then sure I will take spec that’s not my ideal one but at full price it’s bs.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 03:41 PM   #60
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Yea it’s hard to find any lightly used M3 for reasonable price. They all want MSRP which at that point makes no sense. Mine in production now. I ended ordering new because I am not willing to pay full price for something that’s not exactly what I want. If it’s discounted then sure I will take spec that’s not my ideal one but at full price it’s bs.
I expect that once the 2024s start coming around in the used market the prices of used M3,M4s will become reasonable bc their are used options that are more attractive than new options, albeit without the NCS option (New Car Smell). Also, bwlieve it or not, the M2 will be an alternative for some drivers that will bring down price bc some M3 owners will decide they want a smaller M (not me though)

Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602215.50
      06-02-2023, 06:11 PM   #61
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I expect that once the 2024s start coming around in the used market the prices of used M3,M4s will become reasonable bc their are used options that are more attractive than new options, albeit without the NCS option (New Car Smell). Also, bwlieve it or not, the M2 will be an alternative for some drivers that will bring down price bc some M3 owners will decide they want a smaller M (not me though)

I hear you. But part of the problem is that there so few and the wait for new one is so long. So when used comes to the market it demands premium because of hard to get.
M2 thing is true but it’s also different product. Maybe M2 vs M4 sure but M3 is 4 door every day car is well.
Time will tell. But of course eventually we will see better prices for used.
I am also a little nervous with used M cars cuz you have no idea how hard or how nice someone was to it. Which is less of problem for average 3 series if it was driven but more relaxed person.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2023, 07:04 AM   #62
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
I hear you. But part of the problem is that there so few and the wait for new one is so long. So when used comes to the market it demands premium because of hard to get.
M2 thing is true but it’s also different product. Maybe M2 vs M4 sure but M3 is 4 door every day car is well.
Time will tell. But of course eventually we will see better prices for used.
I am also a little nervous with used M cars cuz you have no idea how hard or how nice someone was to it. Which is less of problem for average 3 series if it was driven but more relaxed person.
All good points
Appreciate 0