home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

02-06-2023, 11:29 AM   #1
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Project Gamma or Vorsteiner Grill Install?

Hi all,

looking at a potential CF Grill upgrade and want one that will install with OEM clips and without any additional modifications.

Currently looking at the Project Gamma and Vorsteiner grills.

Project gamma claims that their grill only uses OEM clips - any experience on this?

Vorsteiner grill I'd imagine would be high quality, but one video I saw showed that they had to cut into the foam behind the grill to make it fit - is this accurate?

If anyone has other recommendations for solid grills with clean fitment, please let me know!

Sorry if any of this has been asked, did a search and didn't find the info I needed.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 02:00 PM   #2
Jeg_e90m3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 x-Drive Comp

Garage List
I installed my project gamma carbon grille a month ago, easy install and bolted right on. My initial only complaint was the sensor lining up on passenger-side, but that's due to the BMW factory using too much glue or whatever they used to originally mount it so it obstructed a bit.
A minor tweek an it's fine
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13395.50
      02-06-2023, 06:18 PM   #3
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg_e90m3 View Post
I installed my project gamma carbon grille a month ago, easy install and bolted right on. My initial only complaint was the sensor lining up on passenger-side, but that's due to the BMW factory using too much glue or whatever they used to originally mount it so it obstructed a bit.
A minor tweek an it's fine
Great thanks for the info! Have any pics to post? How are you digging the grill now that its on - it looks great in photos but havent had the pleasure of seeing one in person yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 12:42 AM   #4
AgsWin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Frozen Dark Grey M3

I am torn between these two as well, if anyone else has more info that would be great
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13395.50
      02-15-2023, 01:23 AM   #5
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I had a pre-order Project Gamma grill and had zero issues with the install. The one thing that I wish I would have known before I got into installing it, was, the fact that there is no place to attach the front parking sensor wire that runs across the back of the grill from one side to the other.

Kies has a good grill video, and I made the mistake of watching it while I was doing the install, and if I would have watched it before hand, I would have bought the Gorilla tape they suggested to stick the wire to the back of the grill.

Instead, I had some window weld left from my grill mesh install, and I just put a glob on the grill and stuck the shark clamp into the glob and it dried.

Here’s the YouTube video and see the attached photos for more grill detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRj5c5zOMg
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Alarmin505.00
amet520.00
M4Tejas767.00
      02-15-2023, 04:12 PM   #6
AgsWin
Captain
Rep

Does Vorsteiner have a different type of work around for this that Gamma doesnt?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 09:01 AM   #7
venox22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

I went the Vorsteiner route - installation of the grill in the bumper is like OEM (apart from the wiring clips which are mentioned previously)

There is 2 corners of foam that need trimming - and then if you want it to sit absolutely perfect, then the whole section of foam needs trimming, a little annoying but at the end of the day its just a piece of foam. The end product will be well worth it!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 10:01 AM   #8
AgsWin
Captain
Rep

On the Gamma, do you need to trim the crash pad as well?
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13395.50
      02-17-2023, 10:04 AM   #9
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I had a pre-order Project Gamma grill and had zero issues with the install. The one thing that I wish I would have known before I got into installing it, was, the fact that there is no place to attach the front parking sensor wire that runs across the back of the grill from one side to the other.

Kies has a good grill video, and I made the mistake of watching it while I was doing the install, and if I would have watched it before hand, I would have bought the Gorilla tape they suggested to stick the wire to the back of the grill.

Instead, I had some window weld left from my grill mesh install, and I just put a glob on the grill and stuck the shark clamp into the glob and it dried.

Between here and Facebook - I’m constantly harassing you for info 😂. Gamma grill looks sick! I think that’s the route I’m gonna take. Where did you grab the mesh for it?
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13395.50
      02-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #10
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgsWin View Post
On the Gamma, do you need to trim the crash pad as well?
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmin View Post
Between here and Facebook - I’m constantly harassing you for info 😂. Gamma grill looks sick! I think that’s the route I’m gonna take. Where did you grab the mesh for it?
Haha, no worries, at all. Amazon Window weld 08609 for adhesive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 10:32 PM   #11
AgsWin
Captain
Rep

On the Gamma, do they make one that is specifically for cars with the ACC sensor where the lower cross bar is modified or is that something you have to do yourself during install?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 10:34 PM   #12
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
On the Gamma, do they make one that is specifically for cars with the ACC sensor where the lower cross bar is modified or is that something you have to do yourself during install?
They have an ACC version. The best looking option for ACC cars IMO from pictures
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 08:20 PM   #13
AgsWin
Captain
Rep

Does the M3 badge come with the Vorsteiner grill or does the old one from the OEM grill transfer over and fit in the space?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 09:02 PM   #14
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post

I would like to see wind tunnel smoke across that grill ! Looks good !

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13395.50
      03-20-2023, 06:18 PM   #15
31shifter
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp X-drive

Garage List
Quote:
Does the M3 badge come with the Vorsteiner grill or does the old one from the OEM grill transfer over and fit in the space?
It doesn’t come with it and kinda bummed it doesn’t fit the “competition” badge.

The one on the OEM grille comes off very easily. A few seconds under a heat gun and they practically fall off. It’s a tight fit on the Vorsteiner grille, but it fits good enough.

I kinda wish they didn’t have the spot for it, I like the way it would look without the badge spot.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 09:20 PM   #16
Tethys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp, 330i, Camaro SS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmin View Post
They have an ACC version. The best looking option for ACC cars IMO from pictures
Do they still make one? I can't find it on their site.
Appreciate 0