Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Understood…trying to throw pearls when I can as an uneducated expert! Ha!

Unbelievable. I knew the government traces everything.

I go on youtube just now to watch a random video, and without ever having to search for such things, this comes up on my youtube feed.

Wtf!!! lol

I never searched for m2 on youtube, never searched for S55 or N55. If anything, all i been watching lately was G80 stuff.

And M2 exhaust comparison video pops up on my feed.
You got the chip inserted when you got your covid shot. That's what my buddy has been preaching to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 05:52 PM   #46
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
You got the chip inserted when you got your covid shot. That's what my buddy has been preaching to me.
lol i believe it.

I had to get my shot regardless because of my line of work. But yeah people laugh, wait what's in store.

Thank god i don't have kids. I wouldn't want my kids to go through the disaster that's in the future.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3328.50
      11-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #47
aaaaah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
lol i believe it.

I had to get my shot regardless because of my line of work. But yeah people laugh, wait what's in store.

Thank god i don't have kids. I wouldn't want my kids to go through the disaster that's in the future.
The environmental apocalypse because the rich and powerful care more about getting richer and more powerful over anything else?

Back on topic

F80 and newer exhausts seem to just go for maximising noise and exhaust tip size. Much like the popping and farting between shifts. I prefer the Lexus V8 style of upshifts where there is cut in noise like a manual would sound.

Don't like the Milltek sound, Schmee's video is useless without an outside video of it under load.

Not their fault, BMW haven't been able to make a twin turbo I6 sound good yet, N54 is the closest. N55 and B58 both sound much better.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #48
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaah View Post
The environmental apocalypse because the rich and powerful care more about getting richer and more powerful over anything else?

Back on topic

F80 and newer exhausts seem to just go for maximising noise and exhaust tip size. Much like the popping and farting between shifts. I prefer the Lexus V8 style of upshifts where there is cut in noise like a manual would sound.

Don't like the Milltek sound, Schmee's video is useless without an outside video of it under load.

Not their fault, BMW haven't been able to make a twin turbo I6 sound good yet, N54 is the closest. N55 and B58 both sound much better.
You know you have a great point there. Most rich and powerful people I know don’t give a crap if their kids and grandkids die. Just so long as they have Lamborghinis and yachts.

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 04:30 PM   #49
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaah View Post

Back on topic

Max from autotopnl said something about in the later design of the F8x they had to throw an OPF to the existing exhaust system, or maybe last second before that generation went into production and it made the car sound like shit. In which i agree. The F8x cars sounded like utter garbage. Sorry to the owners. They look amazing and i'm sure are fast as hell but they sound like shit.

Max also said when they created the G8x cars, they incorporated the OPF in mind so the exhaust note will sound better. And it does sound a lot better, but it still doesn't sound like the M2's, or the N55 i guess the engine code is. Those N55's sound similar to the 2JZ or RB26 which are by far the best sounding inline 6 engines i have ever heard. But i'm a V8 guy so nothing can top that sound IMHO.

I don't want kids anyway so i couldn't care less about the future. Don't want kids, don't like them. So it's a good thing i didn't have a kid "by mistake" with any of my ex's because i'd literally kill myself. I had to get snipped 2 years ago just in case some random chick tries to trick me into a baby lol. Nope not happening with me. I'm free and clear now!!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 04:54 PM   #50
cwhands
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 SS/CSAT 6MT

Waiting to see what AA and AWE do with this platform.

The Valvetronic setup sounds good but 127 dB no thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 11:00 PM   #51
LifesAnesthesia
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 G82, 911 992

Any other milltek videos out there?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 07:55 AM   #52
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, BMW G80 IOMG M3 MANUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post

What about these guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Good video quality. That's how it should be done. I like the sound of the exhaust, but a bit pricey for my taste.
Yeah I really like this exhaust and sound. One of the best I've heard so far but it's a bit pricey for me as well. I get research and development costs along with all the competition and a niche market but the M3 mark up on some of this stuff annoys me. Guess I knew that going in though.
Appreciate 0