Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Understood…trying to throw pearls when I can as an uneducated expert! Ha!

Unbelievable. I knew the government traces everything.

I go on youtube just now to watch a random video, and without ever having to search for such things, this comes up on my youtube feed.

Wtf!!! lol

I never searched for m2 on youtube, never searched for S55 or N55. If anything, all i been watching lately was G80 stuff.

And M2 exhaust comparison video pops up on my feed.
They are listening my friend. :

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      11-28-2021, 06:10 PM   #24
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Pleaser View Post
Just curious, what is the point of regulation if it is legal to defeat them by modifying cars?
Well, some of us live in free states.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 06:16 PM   #25
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I don't get the point of titanium tips on stainless steel exhaust. Unless it's a full titanium exhaust like Akra.

Otherwise nice video 👍
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 06:59 PM   #26
Camarejh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM3 View Post
Quote:
The exhaust on joe's car make it sound like a 350/370Z. And that's not a good thing.

Remus does sound better but still not as good.

How i wish our cars sounded as good as the M2's. That's the S55 engine right?
I'm an M2C owner myself currently, not a fan of the S55 sound either.

Unless you're talking about the OG M2 with the N55, sounded wayyyyy better
I may be one of the only weird ones on here or in existence but i absolutely loved the way my F80 sounded. Catless downpipes and muffler and res delete was music to my ears. I miss it everyday haha
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 07:30 PM   #27
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Quote:

I go on youtube just now to watch a random video, and without ever having to search for such things, this comes up on my youtube feed.

Wtf!!! lol

I never searched for m2 on youtube, never searched for S55 or N55. If anything, all i been watching lately was G80 stuff.

lol

Out of the off chance you weren't joking, please don't confuse cookies with the government tracking you. Most browsers, especially Chrome, make money by selling ads to you. Browsers track what you do all across the web to target ads and relevant content to you. By simply typing up M2 exhaust, Google Chrome knows you'd be interested in that video, thus they can get you to click on it and watch ads. If you don't like this kind of behaviour, you can try and limit cookies and/or switch to a browser that limits it, such as Firefox.

Also, the M2 was made with an N55 and the S55. The "competition" model has the S55 and being a twin turbo straight 6 - it just doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the twin scroll, single turbo N55. When it comes to 6 cylinder engines, twin turbo rarely sounds better than a single turbo. There was an F80 by rktunes I believe, that was converted into a single turbo and it sounds badass, just like the old 2JZ and RB26 of yesteryear.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 07:38 PM   #28
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Wtf!!! lol

lol

Out of the off chance you weren't joking, please don't confuse cookies with the government tracking you. Most browsers, especially Chrome, make money by selling ads to you. Browsers track what you do all across the web to target ads and relevant content to you. By simply typing up M2 exhaust, Google Chrome knows you'd be interested in that video, thus they can get you to click on it and watch ads. If you don't like this kind of behaviour, you can try and limit cookies and/or switch to a browser that limits it, such as Firefox.

Also, the M2 was made with an N55 and the S55. The "competition" model has the S55 and being a twin turbo straight 6 - it just doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the twin scroll, single turbo N55. When it comes to 6 cylinder engines, twin turbo rarely sounds better than a single turbo. There was an F80 by rktunes I believe, that was converted into a single turbo and it sounds badass, just like the old 2JZ and RB26 of yesteryear.
RB26 was twin turbo.
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      11-28-2021, 07:47 PM   #29
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
RB26 was twin turbo.
Apologies, I meant the RB24DET. The 26 had the TT
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 07:50 PM   #30
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
lol

I say of all the years of being on the interwebs, i haven't noticed this until recently. You might be right about the cookies, but what about when i'm at work, and we have a discussion about pizza, because we want to order lunch. I go on my phone, on IG, scroll through and i see an ad for papa johns. So there was no physical searching on my phone, just words among co-workers. Can't be coincidence. Try it at work tomorrow.

Never typed M2 in google search. The only time i ever had anything M2 related on my computer, was when i was doing a vague build on the BMW website, back in like june, before i ordered my M3C. So many many months ago. I started to talk about the exhaust today, then an M2 exhaust comparison video shows up on youtube.

Again i know nothing about BMW so you're probably right on everything you said, i was just commenting on how M2's sound amazing, at least the N55's if that's what i'm referring to.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 08:19 PM   #31
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM3 View Post
I think the Remus sounds so much better
Couldn't agree more. Out of all the exhaust I've heard Remus has sounded the best.

One thing I have noticed is all these exhaust manufacturers, apart from Remus, have been uploading the worst videos when it comes to promoting their product. You go on Valvetronics YouTube page and they are uploading videos shot by an iPhone. Supersprint uploaded their driving video and it has no label if they are testing a J pipe or H pipe version of their midpipe. Akrapovic has a video up and the car sounds like stock, being told it needs to be driven x amount of miles before it sounds any better (why upload the video then). Armytrix and FI are probably the worst sounding regardless of video quality. Point being, even if their exhausts do sound good, the videos they are uploading do not do justice.
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1141.50
      11-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #32
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Couldn't agree more. Out of all the exhaust I've heard Remus has sounded the best.

One thing I have noticed is all these exhaust manufacturers, apart from Remus, have been uploading the worst videos when it comes to promoting their product. You go on Valvetronics YouTube page and they are uploading videos shot by an iPhone. Supersprint uploaded their driving video and it has no label if they are testing a J pipe or H pipe version of their midpipe. Akrapovic has a video up and the car sounds like stock, being told it needs to be driven x amount of miles before it sounds any better (why upload the video then). Armytrix and FI are probably the worst sounding regardless of video quality. Point being, even if their exhausts do sound good, the videos they are uploading do not do justice.

What about these guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 08:27 PM   #33
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
I say of all the years of being on the interwebs, i haven't noticed this until recently. You might be right about the cookies, but what about when i'm at work, and we have a discussion about pizza, because we want to order lunch. I go on my phone, on IG, scroll through and i see an ad for papa johns. So there was no physical searching on my phone, just words among co-workers. Can't be coincidence. Try it at work tomorrow.

Never typed M2 in google search. The only time i ever had anything M2 related on my computer, was when i was doing a vague build on the BMW website, back in like june, before i ordered my M3C. So many many months ago. I started to talk about the exhaust today, then an M2 exhaust comparison video shows up on youtube.

Again i know nothing about BMW so you're probably right on everything you said, i was just commenting on how M2's sound amazing, at least the N55's if that's what i'm referring to.
Facebook/Instagram actively use the microphones/cameras on your phone to listen to you and send ads based off that. This is why I suggest you disable their access to your files, photos, microphones, and cameras, until you need them. It's also the reason why Apple introduced a specific coloured dot on the top right, so you know when apps are using the microphone/camera. Google has recently introduced this natively into Android after 12.0 (other OEM's may have had it before but Google's doing it natively now). Facebook/Instagram tend to listen in on you when your phone is off, so as to not let you know you're being listened to.

Facebook/Instagram, up until very recently (and still do depending on where you're browsing and on what device), tracked what you search up on Google and what you browse on your phone to serve you relevant ads. This is why Mark Z. and co are upset about what Apple did recently - natively block apps from cross tracking you and using information obtained by said cross tracking to serve you ads. Facebook/instagram's ad revenue steeply dropped after Apple introduced this feature in iOS 14.5 as users opted to not be tracked, forcing facebook/instagram (there are others out there, but those two are the primary culprits) to serve irrelevant ads due to lack of information about the user. You can turn off every app's ability to cross track you on an iPhone by simply going into Settings -> Privacy -> Tracking -> Allow Apps to Request to Track turned OFF. If you turn it on, then you'll get a notification each time an app tries to track what you do on your phone - why bother! Just turn it off and enjoy the privacy

Feel free to look up this information as it's not a secret by any means. It's also the reason why I actively avoid social media whenever I can. Facebook/Instagram are places where people share all the good in their lives while showing none of the reality of it. I hate that my mother in law posts altered photos of herself/family, or crops me out because of tattoos, etc. just to show off to her friends, that she hates, how great her life is, when it isn't so. Any platform that openly doesn't care about how it affects teenagers just to serve them ads and keep users on their platform should be disgraced and never used. You should also understand that Facebook/Instagram also track you while you're logged into your account on your PC browser; meaning that you could have the site closed on your PC/laptop, but still get ads based on what you searched because part of the user agreement is agreeing to allow Facebook/Instagram track your web movement wherever you're logged in. This is why I only open facebook/instagram in incognito mode, where I'm not logged into any of my other accounts.

Bit of a rant, but this is the reality of the internet. Google Chrome is not free, facebook is not free, Instagram is not free. The old saying goes - when you don't pay for a product - you are the product. In this case, your data is extremely precious and companies want nothing more than to spy on you to serve you more relevant ads to make more money.

Note: I only have a facebook account for my business where I log in every now and then to check on it. Instagram is used to look at awesome cars. If I didn't have a business or a wife that refuses to get off instagram - I'd have neither.

Oh, and yes - the N55 M2 sounds infinitely better than the S55 M2

Last edited by AhsanU; 11-28-2021 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: spelling, grammar
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      11-28-2021, 08:37 PM   #34
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post

What about these guys?
Good video quality. That's how it should be done. I like the sound of the exhaust, but a bit pricey for my taste.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 09:45 PM   #35
nathanm4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage

Those tips make the car look cheap.

I still prefer M performance exhaust to any aftermarket exhaust.

:
      11-29-2021, 12:22 AM   #36
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Ok, what am I missing?

Is this the new norm? …exhausts that sound like crap now allegedly sound "good"?

It seems the only thing aftermarket exhausts do in this case is amplify the already awful sound.

Manufacturers and tuners should give up on trying to make these cars sound good from the back - because that will never happen - and instead focus on improving induction sound in the front. I maintain that the e46 M3 CSL airbox produces the best induction noise of any car ever made.
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      11-29-2021, 02:25 AM   #37
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
They actually seem to nullify BMW's work to make these cars less raspy.
The S58 sounds much better than the S55, now they have achieved the goal of making it sound as bad as the old one.
It's never a good idea to replace 2 OPFs, 2 secondary cats and a resonator (or 2 resonators for cars without OPFs) with straight pipes, it just makes the sound deafening and raspy with a lot of drone. Imagine how it would be with skat downpipes too.
Personally I like Supersprint's solution with 2 small resonators in the front pipes and H-pipe.

Appreciate 1
oz555671.00
      11-29-2021, 06:34 AM   #38
oz555
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340i x-drive

Garage List
2021 BMW M340iX  [9.00]
For me standard exaust is better. Milltek is louder for sure but doesn't sound better. Even with closed valve I thing longer journey will be hard to stand.
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      11-29-2021, 06:35 AM   #39
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

I had a Milltek exhaust on my Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Spec C may years ago, as did a number of fellow owners and the exhausts were always well made using good quality materials. I'll definitely consider one (along with the Remus) when my G82 arrives next year.

Couple of pics for nostalgia - not great pics of the exhaust admittedly lol

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 07:21 AM   #40
PeregrineFalcon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: vw cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
sounds more interesting but I haven't ever heard an F80 or G80 that I thought sounded good. this isn't an exception.
I could relate to you, but when I heard this beast, I was sold!!!

Granted, it is to loud but the sound is so aggressive and addictive to me!

Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      11-29-2021, 07:25 AM   #41
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeregrineFalcon View Post
I could relate to you, but when I heard this beast, I was sold!!!

Granted, it is to loud but the sound is so aggressive and addictive to me!

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too loud.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:13 AM   #42
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm4 View Post
Those tips make the car look cheap.

I still prefer M performance exhaust to any aftermarket exhaust.

:
Agreed. I've had the MPE for both my previous F80's. I was hoping to get it for the G82, but it doesn't make much sense with the price point.

I don't care to remove cats and resonators etc. just give me a light, good looking and sounding exhaust that doesn't break any laws or is obnoxiously loud that wakes up my neighbors going 10mph like some of these other clowns driving by in their "notice me!!!" shitboxes.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 01:49 PM   #43
DRKNESSAudiDad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

^^^. I’m an exhaust addict but not a annoy the world with it one. So every vehicle I’ve had has had one and I’ll continue that trend. Just like you I prefer one and again not THAT one we all seem to be subjected too ha ha ha.
Appreciate 2
jmg18493.00
Patton2502936.50
      11-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #44
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
The Milltek exhaust makes the S58 sound more like the S55. Not something I'd want to hear more of! Louder is not always better..
Appreciate 2
Patton2502936.50
VIERsr2620.50