BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

11-26-2021, 12:48 PM   #45
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystone View Post
Its probably the car wanting to know why we're travelling so damn slowly!
My driveway is only like 95 inches wide, I have no choice!!! Hahaha

I can barely fit my c7z and thats really wide. The c8z is even wider so I’ll have a hard time lol
Appreciate 1
Mon220.00
      11-26-2021, 12:57 PM   #46
CodyAXM
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
12 M's on my resume and all have been really good to great. Some had incredible engines with the S85 or S65 and others had whopping launching with strong turbo boosted engines. But is there a decathlete out there that does it all great or good to great and keeps me wanting more... maybe my E39 M5 and E92 M4 and that was it (for me). Key word "was"... the G80 has kept my yearning to drive it more and stronger. Even when I got a huge offer on my RWD G80; I only chose to leave that car because I had an X drive in my line of sight.

Im really impressed with this car and of course its subjective but my ownership is not and my personal comparos are just that personal. The grip, steering, chassis feedback, interior comforts, and that engine that rips the rpms, plus more- really has made this car desirable for so many types of drivers.

Again, only dumping one car for the same car (with drive train change) says volumes.

The Blood Clot Rules

Woah!
With such a variety of M cars, I would say you have a vast amount of experience and knowledge as far as the driving dynamics for each one.

To hear that your continually excited to get into the car and push it harder I think hits the nail on the head of what I want to feel when buying this car . So I appreciate you taking the time to say it ! That’s a very positive review .
Aventurine red looks absolutely awesome - I’m not sure why this color isn’t much more popular .
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 01:06 PM   #47
CodyAXM
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
Ive had my G80 6 speed for about 3 months now. Ive put about 700 miles on it so far. Loving every second. I came from a F80 comp 6 speed. It has far surpassed all expections. I was unable to drive one before ordering one so I had to go blind and just order it. The car gets way more attention then my F80 ever did.
Coming directly from the F80 and into a g80, I’m sure your response will be read by many who have been curious about making the same move - It seems the M DNA has only improved . That’s a great shot of your car- looks very tough!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #48
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyAXM View Post
Woah!
With such a variety of M cars, I would say you have a vast amount of experience and knowledge as far as the driving dynamics for each one.

To hear that your continually excited to get into the car and push it harder I think hits the nail on the head of what I want to feel when buying this car . So I appreciate you taking the time to say it ! That’s a very positive review .
Aventurine red looks absolutely awesome - I’m not sure why this color isn’t much more popular .
Well its a 2022 color I think and production is very slow for a myriad of issues. Plus, its rather polarizing as some dont like how dark it is when there is limited lighting. I love it.

Gloomy day pic

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #49
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyAXM View Post
Woah!

Well its a 2022 color I think and production is very slow for a myriad of issues. Plus, its rather polarizing as some dont like how dark it is when there is limited lighting. I love it.

Gloomy day pic

I almost checked the box on this color and changed my mind because I never had an opportunity to see one in person. The more I see you pictures the more I wish I had the color.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
Vic5518961.00
      11-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #50
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
12 M's on my resume and all have been really good to great. Some had incredible engines with the S85 or S65 and others had whopping launching with strong turbo boosted engines. But is there a decathlete out there that does it all great or good to great and keeps me wanting more... maybe my E39 M5 and E92 M4 and that was it (for me). Key word "was"... the G80 has kept my yearning to drive it more and stronger. Even when I got a huge offer on my RWD G80; I only chose to leave that car because I had an X drive in my line of sight.

Im really impressed with this car and of course its subjective but my ownership is not and my personal comparos are just that personal. The grip, steering, chassis feedback, interior comforts, and that engine that rips the rpms, plus more- really has made this car desirable for so many types of drivers.

Again, only dumping one car for the same car (with drive train change) says volumes.

The Blood Clot Rules

Such a great color.

The blood clot...

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
Vic5518961.00
      11-27-2021, 01:40 PM   #51
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
I love driving the car, has great handling, it's fast, and I love the look of the car. It is my first M car and I've been wanting an M3 since the e46 days. But for whatever reason I'm not emotionally attached to it yet like my other cars in the past. If someone was to ask me would you like to sell it for a profit, I probably would and wouldn't mind waiting for another one. I'm guessing it's because it might be lacking personality or I haven't had much seat time yet. I have ordered an air intake kit, and the full Remus catback exhaust and I'm hoping that would wake it up.

I may be crazy but at times I do walk into my garage just to look and admire the car.
Turn your traction mode down to 3.

I had the same feeling up until just the other day.

I honestly grew to hate the car.

I was shopping for m2c's again and a friend of mine suggested turning the traction down before I give up on it.

Now the car and I are just fully connected and it does everything I ask and a little extra.

I swear it's the golden ticket for theses cars.
So, I'm confused. Isn't the 1-10 traction control (M Drive Professional) only a factor when you're in full RWD mode? Or, are you saying that, even in AWD, the dialing up or down of the traction control (1-10) STILL affects the car?

In other words….if I strictly drive in 4WD or 4WD Sport, will the 1-10 traction variability still have the affect you're referring to?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 05:07 PM   #52
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
In love with my Purple People Eater. 😈
Dude!!!!!!!!

Dat thing 🔥