BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

11-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #67
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
That garage though!
      11-17-2021, 10:32 PM   #68
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
How do you go about requesting the 'Frozen' paint, and how much does the option cost?
Frozen Black runs $4500, just ask the dealer to add it your build, its through BMW Individual.

I think you can actually get Frozen Brilliant White or Frozen Portimao Blue for $3600 bc they're a part of the G8x palette.
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 1
AndyinHou478.00
      11-17-2021, 10:34 PM   #69
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell21 View Post
Hey I coded the bowers and Wilkins parameters in using BimmerCode was easy and it definitely sounds better then the h and k
Hey man gonna need some more details on this.
This seems like a worthwhile pursuit
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:53 PM   #70
oz555
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340i x-drive

Garage List
2021 BMW M340iX  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambarossa View Post
very beautiful. I was thinking of getting a frozen color but maintenance overhead and winter driving scared me away.
Quote:
very beautiful. I was thinking of getting a frozen color but maintenance overhead and winter driving scared me away.
With Xpel PPF or similar it is not a problem. There are matt protective films now.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:05 PM   #71
BobTheBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xdrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
Very nice looking car, frozen black looks amazing. I was actually considering this color but did not want the headaches that came with maintaining it. I also planned to drive my car in the winter as well.
yeah I am aware of the high maintenance nature of the paint. I always skipped it bc of that but this time around just decided to say f*** it and go for it. It is super aesthetically pleasing to look at.

I wonder if I can PPF it and treat it just like a standard car after PPF.
That would be super clutch if possible.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #72
BobTheBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xdrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Oh, absolutely love the frozen! Drive a regular black and it's a pain in the ass to keep looking sweet! I've heard the frozen adds a bit extra maintenance but look at it, so worth the work! Enjoy the beautiful ride!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #73
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Hey man gonna need some more details on this.
This seems like a worthwhile pursuit
Yes, I believe the code process is something like:

1) Call your dealer
2) Buy an M5
3) Enjoy your new B&W system
      11-18-2021, 11:44 PM   #74
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Yes, I believe the code process is something like:

1) Call your dealer
2) Buy an M5
3) Enjoy your new B&W system
lol, too bad BMW ran out of the B&W parts. Afaik not order able on any car at the moment. If you check the M5 builder, the option is gone for B&W.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #75
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

Quote:
The day finally arrived, after a long wait I have finally taken delivery of my 2022 M4 competition xdrive coupe. I have only had the car a couple of hours but I am happy to share my initial impressions.

I think BMW has taken refinement to the next level. The interior quality feels like a substantial upgrade over my F82 (even though my F82 had full leather). I think the handling overall is much much much better than the F82. Even though this car is heavier on paper, you really don't feel it. It feels like the brakes have improved too.
I think the laser lights look amazing. I think the grills look great in person and personally wonder if those criticizing them have taken a look at the car in person. I love the aggressive side skirts and the rear diffuser look absolutely nuts.

One thing I may add though is the HK system feels like it lacks punch. I felt this way with the HK system in the 21 M5 comp and 20' X3MC as well. I think the outgoing F8x had a better HK system even though I think on paper they both have HK Logic 7. I wonder if others feel the same way.

These are some of my initial thoughts. I am sure I will have more to say once I get acquainted with the car more.

Some of the options my car has:
-Individual Frozen Black paint
-Black full merino leather
-M shadowline headlights
-Laser lights
-DAP PRO
-Exec pack
-CF trim

I did not win the tire lottery and got stuck with the P Zeros instead. Oh well, skipped tire and rim insurance because of this. Will swap these out for the PS4s when the time comes.
Mean looking car

Kevin Harvick
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 07:33 PM   #76
stevebmw3018
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw coming soon

awesome color! but i live in new england and it snows here and id get lazy and not wash the salt off of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 01:18 AM   #77
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylovibe View Post
I have FDG on order and it's going straight to the shop for PPF. I have decided to go with stek dynomatte. From what I have seen and have been told by others and the shop is that this will be closest to keeping the frozen look plus you don't need to ceramic coat it.

OP congrats. Frozen black on all black look awesome!
Stek is the most refined lookwise as it is the thinest film of all, but it is also the least one to offer you protection.
I had stek on one of my cars and the paint got chipped as the film was doing nothing.
Stek is for California people or a vehicle that doesn’t see the winter or gravel.

If you are in New York and get gravel on the road, do yourself a favor and install Xpel.
Appreciate 1
psylovibe1030.00
      11-22-2021, 12:45 PM   #78
psylovibe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Stek is the most refined lookwise as it is the thinest film of all, but it is also the least one to offer you protection.
I had stek on one of my cars and the paint got chipped as the film was doing nothing.
Stek is for California people or a vehicle that doesn’t see the winter or gravel.

If you are in New York and get gravel on the road, do yourself a favor and install Xpel.
Well, f*ck! Yes, I did notice stek is thinnest compared to their competitors. I guess that explains it.

Last edited by psylovibe; 11-22-2021 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 12:47 PM   #79
MWPcompM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

Quote:
The day finally arrived, after a long wait I have finally taken delivery of my 2022 M4 competition xdrive coupe. I have only had the car a couple of hours but I am happy to share my initial impressions.

I think BMW has taken refinement to the next level. The interior quality feels like a substantial upgrade over my F82 (even though my F82 had full leather). I think the handling overall is much much much better than the F82. Even though this car is heavier on paper, you really don't feel it. It feels like the brakes have improved too.
I think the laser lights look amazing. I think the grills look great in person and personally wonder if those criticizing them have taken a look at the car in person. I love the aggressive side skirts and the rear diffuser look absolutely nuts.

One thing I may add though is the HK system feels like it lacks punch. I felt this way with the HK system in the 21 M5 comp and 20' X3MC as well. I think the outgoing F8x had a better HK system even though I think on paper they both have HK Logic 7. I wonder if others feel the same way.

These are some of my initial thoughts. I am sure I will have more to say once I get acquainted with the car more.

Some of the options my car has:
-Individual Frozen Black paint
-Black full merino leather
-M shadowline headlights
-Laser lights
-DAP PRO
-Exec pack
-CF trim

I did not win the tire lottery and got stuck with the P Zeros instead. Oh well, skipped tire and rim insurance because of this. Will swap these out for the PS4s when the time comes.
Hey Bro - sorry to bring this thread back but it came up in my search. I'm placing an order tomorrow for my M3. I wanted to originally order Frozen Dark Grey Metallic but it's no longer available. I like the aggressive/stealth look of the darker color on an M3 especially with the body lines and front end. How's your Frozen Black holding up? Do you still love it? Appreciate any feedback you can share ferrarifast. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #80
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPcompM3 View Post
Hey Bro - sorry to bring this thread back but it came up in my search. I'm placing an order tomorrow for my M3. I wanted to originally order Frozen Dark Grey Metallic but it's no longer available. I like the aggressive/stealth look of the darker color on an M3 especially with the body lines and front end. How's your Frozen Black holding up? Do you still love it? Appreciate any feedback you can share ferrarifast. Thanks!

Didn't see your post until now, but yeah I absolutely love the paint and have not gotten bored of it yet.

It is a total pita to maintain though. I've had countless black cars, and I'm telling you this is next level in terms of upkeep (i.e. if you don't dry the car properly, you'll get water marks). Stays clean for maybe 20 mins after a wash, and then you start to see dust, dirt etc and especially if you look really closely. I definitely had to shift my expectations a bit with this. I am no longer as particular about the exterior as I was with my previous cars, because no matter what you do, it will get dirty. it just doesn't drive me nuts anymore.

I love the stealth look, never gets old. Will I get another frozen BMW-- most likely. I've become a huge fan of matte paints.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2022, 03:15 AM   #81
holmar888
Private
Rep
Drives: M5C 2020, 435GC 2015, M3 C2023

I am in the same position as MWPcompM3 re frozen dark gray. So ordered BSM with plan to put stealth PPF to get the matte black look. Does anyone no if the stealth PPF has to be maintained the same way as the matte paint or is it more forgiving?