BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

11-15-2021, 09:18 PM   #45
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Automatic washes, particularly touchless washes, dont have anything to agitate the paint, so, they resort to harsh chemicals, high in Alkiline, and surfactants, to strip dirt off of the paint. And brushes... Well., we all know what they do.
Oof! The picture of that swirly paint is killin' me; triggering my OCD, too. That paint looks how I feel after Taco Tuesday & all you can drink Mojitos.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13433.50
      11-15-2021, 10:04 PM   #46
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHCT View Post
Oof! The picture of that swirly paint is killin' me; triggering my OCD, too. That paint looks how I feel after Taco Tuesday & all you can drink Mojitos.
Yeah, swirls kill me. Im getting my entire car PPFd, as we speak.

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 10:05 PM   #47
F80SRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 xM3C/'20 X3MComp

Pure evil. Looks fantastic. Congrats!
      11-15-2021, 10:08 PM   #48
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambarossa View Post
very beautiful. I was thinking of getting a frozen color but maintenance overhead and winter driving scared me away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
Very nice looking car, frozen black looks amazing. I was actually considering this color but did not want the headaches that came with maintaining it. I also planned to drive my car in the winter as well.
yeah I am aware of the high maintenance nature of the paint. I always skipped it bc of that but this time around just decided to say f*** it and go for it. It is super aesthetically pleasing to look at.

I wonder if I can PPF it and treat it just like a standard car after PPF.
That would be super clutch if possible.
Of course you can wrap it…and should!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 12:07 AM   #49
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MCollection View Post
Ferrarifast can you do a quick comparison between the m4 and m5 as I'm split between the 2 and would really appreciate your opinion.
Just saw this.
Both are great machines.
I would say for the first time, the G82's interior rivals the F90.
The power delivery feels very similar.
When I drove the F90 compared to my F82, I felt that the F82 could not match the sheer "pull" of the F90. I think the G82 accelerates almost as hard as the F90. G82 has much better handling. G82 feels very tossable. I think the G82 also has way more road presence than the F90. I love the F90, but the G82 has an appearance that now BMW has really had in the past. Ironically it is bc of the grills and the super aggressive side skirts and rear end.

I think the F90 comp sounds better. The pop & burbles are much more aggressive stock. Also F90 has the B&W sound system option.

In a nutshell, the G8x is far more agile and has a commanding road presence, moreso than the M5.

Ultimately you're not going to go wrong either way
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 2
      11-16-2021, 12:51 AM   #50
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
The day finally arrived, after a long wait I have finally taken delivery of my 2022 M4 competition xdrive coupe. I have only had the car a couple of hours but I am happy to share my initial impressions.

I think BMW has taken refinement to the next level. The interior quality feels like a substantial upgrade over my F82 (even though my F82 had full leather). I think the handling overall is much much much better than the F82. Even though this car is heavier on paper, you really don't feel it. It feels like the brakes have improved too.
I think the laser lights look amazing. I think the grills look great in person and personally wonder if those criticizing them have taken a look at the car in person. I love the aggressive side skirts and the rear diffuser look absolutely nuts.

One thing I may add though is the HK system feels like it lacks punch. I felt this way with the HK system in the 21 M5 comp and 20' X3MC as well. I think the outgoing F8x had a better HK system even though I think on paper they both have HK Logic 7. I wonder if others feel the same way.

These are some of my initial thoughts. I am sure I will have more to say once I get acquainted with the car more.

Some of the options my car has:
-Individual Frozen Black paint
-Black full merino leather
-M shadowline headlights
-Laser lights
-DAP PRO
-Exec pack
-CF trim

I did not win the tire lottery and got stuck with the P Zeros instead. Oh well, skipped tire and rim insurance because of this. Will swap these out for the PS4s when the time comes.
Awesome car O.P.!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 02:08 AM   #51
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoday View Post
Thank you, I finally got mine dialed in, I think it sounds good now. I was trying to adjust the eq with the touchscreen while driving and I just couldn't get it right. So I used the idrive center console controller and that did the trick. The reason I mention this is because it sounds different while driving versus being parked. I guess it's the road noise which varies from different surfaces. Also, I turned off the audible tones, that occur when I use the touchscreen, the tones interrupt the music. And, I had to set the fader one notch to the rear. I'm used to more sound from the back of the car because my other car is a four-door with speakers in the font part of the rear doors. And finally, I noticed the sound quality varies depending on the radio station, it seems most stations use HD. But, HD signals fade in and out depending on the area I'm driving through. So, some stations sound really good and others not so much.
It probably sounds different while moving, because the car has BMW Active Sound Design, or Active Noise Cancellation. It only works above a certain speed, and turns off, if the windows are rolled down. Alot of people that install aftermarket stereo equipment, need to disable it, because its not designed to work with aftermarket amplification. This may be what youre noticing.

Quote:
What does the automatic wash do to the paint?
Automatic washes, particularly touchless washes, dont have anything to agitate the paint, so, they resort to harsh chemicals, high in Alkiline, and surfactants, to strip dirt off of the paint. And brushes... Well., we all know what they do.
The newer style car washes that have the long tunnels have the same issue I assume?
Yes, they're no better.

Appreciate 1
jwt2440180.00
      11-16-2021, 02:42 AM   #52
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Beautiful car OP

It's got me wondering wether to wait for the new M2…
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 06:53 AM   #53
Yeru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 IB E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
very beautiful. I was thinking of getting a frozen color but maintenance overhead and winter driving scared me away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
Very nice looking car, frozen black looks amazing. I was actually considering this color but did not want the headaches that came with maintaining it. I also planned to drive my car in the winter as well.
yeah I am aware of the high maintenance nature of the paint. I always skipped it bc of that but this time around just decided to say f*** it and go for it. It is super aesthetically pleasing to look at.

I wonder if I can PPF it and treat it just like a standard car after PPF.
That would be super clutch if possible.
Man, you've got b@ll$. But must agree with you. Is it a pain? Yes! But if you're willing to put in the loving care and effort, then why not?
      11-16-2021, 07:49 AM   #54
lixiang7349
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: customE50Tune

I have seen this in person plenty of times no it's still not growing on me
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 10:47 AM   #55
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

love it! congrats, looks great!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #56
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Car looks STELLAR!!!!

I'm not familiar with the maintenance and care required/needed for the exterior to main that look. That said; seems it's worth it!

That thing looks amazing!

Looks better than any other finish/color; my opinion.

Park that next to "any" car and you're at least going to get a compliment on the exterior.

OP; way to represent the new M!

🦅
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #57
BMWRL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 528xi

Stunning!

Congrats!!
      11-16-2021, 01:11 PM   #58
nottoday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i 2022 M4 comp

Garage List
2916 Audi A6   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat9 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you, I finally got mine dialed in, I think it sounds good now. I was trying to adjust the eq with the touchscreen while driving and I just couldn't get it right. So I used the idrive center console controller and that did the trick. The reason I mention this is because it sounds different while driving versus being parked. I guess it's the road noise which varies from different surfaces. Also, I turned off the audible tones, that occur when I use the touchscreen, the tones interrupt the music. And, I had to set the fader one notch to the rear. I'm used to more sound from the back of the car because my other car is a four-door with speakers in the font part of the rear doors. And finally, I noticed the sound quality varies depending on the radio station, it seems most stations use HD. But, HD signals fade in and out depending on the area I'm driving through. So, some stations sound really good and others not so much.
It probably sounds different while moving, because the car has BMW Active Sound Design, or Active Noise Cancellation. It only works above a certain speed, and turns off, if the windows are rolled down. Alot of people that install aftermarket stereo equipment, need to disable it, because its not designed to work with aftermarket amplification. This may be what youre noticing.

Quote:
Yeah, I thought it had noise canceling also. And I think the HD plays a big part with the sound quality. I'm listening to an awesome channel right now, everything sounds great. But, some channels not so much. it's not a stereo it's the station.

BTW love the frozen colors.
ASD for sure doesn't help and it's easy enough to code out, I think it sounds a lot better without it in my f32 with HK. If you must EQ I'd also recommend keeping the frequency bands you want to keep high at 0db or 3db max, while lowering the other ones. That will help maintain distortion at its lowest.
Thanks for the info. I would like to try coding out the ASD. The noise canceling seems to cause a pressure affect on my ears. And maybe a couple other things like activating the rear fog lights. It's been raining here every day since I got my car. Because of this rain, I like using rear fog lights if I can (in daylight only). Especially while driving on the interstate, with the rain and mist kicking up off the road causing poor visibility, I think the fog lights help.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 01:43 PM   #59
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

My buddy has a frozen black AMG G Wagon and it is wrapped, the entire car. As long as you pick the right wrap there is no difference to my eye, having seen it in person in the sun, rain, clean, dirty, etc.

If you plan to keep the car the investment may be worth it to you. If you flip cars I would just drive it as is…..
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2021, 01:47 PM   #60
element56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 X3 '22 M4XC '23 X3M40i

Frozen paint looks amazing!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #61
SatinblkF90
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
My buddy has a frozen black AMG G Wagon and it is wrapped, the entire car. As long as you pick the right wrap there is no difference to my eye, having seen it in person in the sun, rain, clean, dirty, etc.

If you plan to keep the car the investment may be worth it to you. If you flip cars I would just drive it as is…..
Do you by any chance know which brand Ppf he’s using on his G wagon? I’ve also noticed Ppf sometimes on satin black looks a bit more flat/Matt/dull even compared to 3m vinyl wrap or the oem forzen black paint with no Ppf on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #62
mat9
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat9 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, I thought it had noise canceling also. And I think the HD plays a big part with the sound quality. I'm listening to an awesome channel right now, everything sounds great. But, some channels not so much. it's not a stereo it's the station.

BTW love the frozen colors.
ASD for sure doesn't help and it's easy enough to code out, I think it sounds a lot better without it in my f32 with HK. If you must EQ I'd also recommend keeping the frequency bands you want to keep high at 0db or 3db max, while lowering the other ones. That will help maintain distortion at its lowest.
Thanks for the info. I would like to try coding out the ASD. The noise canceling seems to cause a pressure affect on my ears. And maybe a couple other things like activating the rear fog lights. It's been raining here every day since I got my car. Because of this rain, I like using rear fog lights if I can (in daylight only). Especially while driving on the interstate, with the rain and mist kicking up off the road causing poor visibility, I think the fog lights help.
All I needed for mine was BimmerLink hit the "off" button while connected. Took about 5 minutes and $60 in hardware/software, well worth the effort.
Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #63
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

How do you go about requesting the 'Frozen' paint, and how much does the option cost?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #64
russell21
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 440i

Hey I coded the bowers and Wilkins parameters in using BimmerCode was easy and it definitely sounds better then the h and k
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2021, 05:32 PM   #65
2Slo_F83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 | F83 + 06 | Lexus IS350

That's a beautiful car and love the color. Congrats! I agree with you on the grill, people will just need to look at it in person. It looks very aggressive but you start to appreciate the car once you drive it.

I was going for the G83 convertible but the price didn't meet my budget so had settled for a F83.
      11-16-2021, 05:33 PM   #66
georgebmwM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2017 Camaro ZL1  [0.00]
Wish it came with a slush box
Appreciate 0