BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

11-13-2021, 12:22 PM   #23
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Level Auto Brokers View Post
looks amazing! how many M cars is it for you now??
Car #5.....in the past three years....three of which were through you haha. I may or may not have a car problem but you're definitely making it possible for me to swap in and out cars.
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 4
      11-15-2021, 04:48 PM   #24
SigmaShift
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Looks sinister, I have a frozen white M4 Comp xDrive, nice opposite to this one.

I found ceramic coating it with GTechnique C1 and topping it with Exo v4 is a winning combination. Adds zero gloss.
Attached Images

Last edited by SigmaShift; 11-15-2021 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 7
02M3ForMe4257.00
JMU_BMW152.50
nottoday175.50
bmwbrad22249.00
Dankrupt187.00
      11-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #25
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
yeah I am aware of the high maintenance nature of the paint. I always skipped it bc of that but this time around just decided to say f*** it and go for it. It is super aesthetically pleasing to look at.

I wonder if I can PPF it and treat it just like a standard car after PPF.
That would be super clutch if possible.
The maintenance drama is so overblown with Frozen paint. I had a Frozen Silver M3 and a Frozen Grey M4 GTS and it was never an issue. I just used Swiss Vax Opaque wax and treated it like any other car. You just can't go to a automatic car wash. But that's the only difference. And if it's garage kept even easier.

Gorgeous car! Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 05:35 PM   #26
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Congratulations, enjoy!

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 05:39 PM   #27
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Cecotto, F85, G05, G07,

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [0.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks for sharing, reminds of the bat mobile, it looks cool.
      11-15-2021, 05:48 PM   #28
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Beautiful car, I love it in matte grey. A friend had a factory matte black E92, it was also beautiful

The G8X handles extremely well, it is a pleasure to drive hard. It takes the 'jack of all trades' character the M3 is well known and loved for and dials it up to 11 across the board
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4257.00
      11-15-2021, 05:48 PM   #29
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Congrats! 💫
      11-15-2021, 05:55 PM   #30
ajob
Lieutenant
Monaco
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
What's the maintenance issue in frozen colors?
Nearly impossible to touch up paint chips, using wrong soaps and other care care products could start making the paint gloss up to name a few. Can't wax it, difficult to seal paint, however, it can be done with correct products.
My wife has a five year old Frozen Brown F36 Gran Coupe.

Paint is still perfect, a scrape was fixed and remains invisible - and it gets washed less often, as a bit of dust can't be seen.

I had my initial misgivings, but today I'd say it's even easier to maintain compared to gloss.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:38 PM   #31
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Literal batmobile. Sinister
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:39 PM   #32
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Isn't the main issue with frozen paint that you have to repaint the entire car if it's damaged enough? And only a few paint shops can do frozen paint jobs correct.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:48 PM   #33
nottoday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i 2022 M4 comp

Garage List
2916 Audi A6   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I keep hearing about people complaining about the HK in the G8X. After I messed with the settings, and adjusted the EQ, Im good with it. Check the EQ settings. Whats Your Forte did a good video on changing the settings. I didnt go with his settings, because I like my settings in more of a V formation. But it made all of the difference. There is definitely some punch in these speakers, and nothing rattles, or distorts.

Great looking car, btw,

Thank you, I finally got mine dialed in, I think it sounds good now. I was trying to adjust the eq with the touchscreen while driving and I just couldn't get it right. So I used the idrive center console controller and that did the trick. The reason I mention this is because it sounds different while driving versus being parked. I guess it's the road noise which varies from different surfaces. Also, I turned off the audible tones, that occur when I use the touchscreen, the tones interrupt the music. And, I had to set the fader one notch to the rear. I'm use to more sound from the back of the car because my other car is a four-door with speakers in the font part of the rear doors. And finally, I noticed the sound quality varies depending on the radio station, it seems most stations use HD. But, HD signals fade in and out depending on the area I'm driving through. So, some stations sound really good and others not so much.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:54 PM   #34
jwt2440
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - 6MT Triple Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM3 View Post
Quote:
yeah I am aware of the high maintenance nature of the paint. I always skipped it bc of that but this time around just decided to say f*** it and go for it. It is super aesthetically pleasing to look at.

The maintenance drama is so overblown with Frozen paint. I had a Frozen Silver M3 and a Frozen Grey M4 GTS and it was never an issue. I just used Swiss Vax Opaque wax and treated it like any other car. You just can't go to a automatic car wash. But that's the only difference. And if it's garage kept even easier.

Gorgeous car! Enjoy!
What does the automatic wash do to the paint?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #35
TigahRouge
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05X5,G82C, Ram 1500

Simply Black and Beautiful!!🔥
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 07:15 PM   #36
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Real life Batmobile! Congrats!
      11-15-2021, 07:27 PM   #37
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoday View Post
Thank you, I finally got mine dialed in, I think it sounds good now. I was trying to adjust the eq with the touchscreen while driving and I just couldn't get it right. So I used the idrive center console controller and that did the trick. The reason I mention this is because it sounds different while driving versus being parked. I guess it's the road noise which varies from different surfaces. Also, I turned off the audible tones, that occur when I use the touchscreen, the tones interrupt the music. And, I had to set the fader one notch to the rear. I'm used to more sound from the back of the car because my other car is a four-door with speakers in the font part of the rear doors. And finally, I noticed the sound quality varies depending on the radio station, it seems most stations use HD. But, HD signals fade in and out depending on the area I'm driving through. So, some stations sound really good and others not so much.
It probably sounds different while moving, because the car has BMW Active Sound Design, or Active Noise Cancellation. It only works above a certain speed, and turns off, if the windows are rolled down. Alot of people that install aftermarket stereo equipment, need to disable it, because its not designed to work with aftermarket amplification. This may be what youre noticing.

Quote:
Automatic washes, particularly touchless washes, dont have anything to agitate the paint, so, they resort to harsh chemicals, high in Alkiline, and surfactants, to strip dirt off of the paint. And brushes... Well., we all know what they do.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      11-15-2021, 07:40 PM   #38
jwt2440
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - 6MT Triple Black

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you, I finally got mine dialed in, I think it sounds good now. I was trying to adjust the eq with the touchscreen while driving and I just couldn't get it right. So I used the idrive center console controller and that did the trick. The reason I mention this is because it sounds different while driving versus being parked. I guess it's the road noise which varies from different surfaces. Also, I turned off the audible tones, that occur when I use the touchscreen, the tones interrupt the music. And, I had to set the fader one notch to the rear. I'm used to more sound from the back of the car because my other car is a four-door with speakers in the font part of the rear doors. And finally, I noticed the sound quality varies depending on the radio station, it seems most stations use HD. But, HD signals fade in and out depending on the area I'm driving through. So, some stations sound really good and others not so much.
It probably sounds different while moving, because the car has BMW Active Sound Design, or Active Noise Cancellation. It only works above a certain speed, and turns off, if the windows are rolled down. Alot of people that install aftermarket stereo equipment, need to disable it, because its not designed to work with aftermarket amplification. This may be what youre noticing.

Quote:
Automatic washes, particularly touchless washes, dont have anything to agitate the paint, so, they resort to harsh chemicals, high in Alkiline, and surfactants, to strip dirt off of the paint. And brushes... Well., we all know what they do.
The newer style car washes that have the long tunnels have the same issue I assume?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 07:41 PM   #39
nottoday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i 2022 M4 comp

Garage List
2916 Audi A6   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, I thought it had noise canceling also. And I think the HD plays a big part with the sound quality. I'm listening to an awesome channel right now, everything sounds great. But, some channels not so much. it's not the stereo it's the station.

BTW love the frozen colors.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 07:58 PM   #40
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2, 2024 m235i

Literally stunning.
      11-15-2021, 08:12 PM   #41
jct_m3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Garage List
looks amazing congrats!

i have a frozen PB on order - a lot of people been giving me shit about frozen being a pain in the ass. i'm debating weather i want to do ppf or ceramic coat it
      11-15-2021, 08:41 PM   #42
mat9
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, I thought it had noise canceling also. And I think the HD plays a big part with the sound quality. I'm listening to an awesome channel right now, everything sounds great. But, some channels not so much. it's not a stereo it's the station.

BTW love the frozen colors.
ASD for sure doesn't help and it's easy enough to code out, I think it sounds a lot better without it in my f32 with HK. If you must EQ I'd also recommend keeping the frequency bands you want to keep high at 0db or 3db max, while lowering the other ones. That will help maintain distortion at its lowest.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13406.00
nottoday175.50
      11-15-2021, 09:02 PM   #43
bmwbrad22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 M3 Comp Pkg

Garage List
2018 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambarossa View Post
very beautiful. I was thinking of getting a frozen color but maintenance overhead and winter driving scared me away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
Very nice looking car, frozen black looks amazing. I was actually considering this color but did not want the headaches that came with maintaining it. I also planned to drive my car in the winter as well.

I'd skip the PPF. There's a few pics somewhere on here that show how it changes (not for the good) the sheen which you paid a lot of money for.

I'd have to imagine the stealth PPF from xpel would be good for the frozen paints

2018 Mineral White M3 /// Comp Package
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 09:08 PM   #44
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

What a color! Congrats on a killer car & killer finish!!
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0