BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #1
rperez95
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp 2021

Coding 3AG backup camera M4 Comp 2021

Hi all,

I want to install a 3AG OEM backup camera on my BMW M4 Comp 2021 (G82). When I bought the car, I was ordered to equip with PDC, but not with backup camera, and now I would like to have this feature... My BMW Dealership tolds me that from BMW side could not activate the module, however they can install the 3AG camera and then I can activate backup camera using E-SYS.

I was reading about how to do it and it sounds simple, using e-sys, at least for F-Series (I dont know If in G-Series change something), the only thing to do, acording to this guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oEv...SroGhMa04/view, is edit the VO FA file, add the 3AG code to SALPA-ELEMENT, calculate and verify the new FA and write the new FA to the car.

My questions are... Are this steps for edit de VO FA right? when I write the new FA VO to my BMW, the 3AG camera will work and i will be able to see the camera on my iDrive Scree? will it be necessary complete additional steps to be able to see the camera on my iDrive Screen?

Thx guys!!!
Appreciate 0