G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southeast

10-10-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
PWB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Incoming G83

Film and ceramic coating installer in SoFl

Any recommendations for an installer near Boca Raton? I guess products have evolved since I did my M6 in 2014 so product recommendations are welcome, too !

Incoming (status 150 as of today) G83 TBII.
Appreciate 1
'Cane8349.50
      10-10-2021, 03:15 PM   #2
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
I was referred to these guys wheny dad got his Macan. They do ALL PPF etc for the Collection dealerships in Miami.

He ended up not doing PPF, but I was very impressed with the conversations I had with them.

Office: 786-268-7501

Instagram #firstclassautosports

Email: info@firstclassautosports.com

Web: www.FirstClassAutosports.com

Web: www.MyTeslaMiami.com
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #3
Murf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3C - Dravit Grey

I'm in Boca - Ecophant did my ceramic and window tint and they also do PPF although I didnt go that direction. Highly recommended among the local exotic owners. Excellent work and fair pricing. They also do mobile detailing.

Tell Mauricio Chris with the Dravit M3 sent you.

https://ecophantauto.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #4
PWB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I'm in Boca - Ecophant did my ceramic and window tint and they also do PPF although I didnt go that direction. Highly recommended among the local exotic owners. Excellent work and fair pricing. They also do mobile detailing.

Thanks, will check with him. They are actually right across the street from my office!

I am (supposedly) a W41Žer so I have plenty of time to plan for this. Thinking of ceramic and window tint.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 08:00 PM   #5
Murf
Captain
Rep

I did the silver level ceramic, tint and ppf on the headlights. Very happy with results. One suggestion maybe pass on the windshield coating that comes with some of the ceramic packages, it made my wipers chatter and i had to polish it off. A common issue apparently.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:06 PM   #6
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
How long did the ceramic take? I understand it is supposed to be kept out of the elements for at least 24 hours after application...

Also, what was the price for the full ceramic coat? Ballpark is fine.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 07:41 AM   #7
Murf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
How long did the ceramic take? I understand it is supposed to be kept out of the elements for at least 24 hours after application...

Also, what was the price for the full ceramic coat? Ballpark is fine.

Thanks!
The silver level package was $1500 and I couldnt wash the car for 2 weeks. It cures enough to get wet in 24hours. They actually finished late one afternoon but held the car another day to make sure it cured correctly in their shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #8
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The silver level package was $1500 and I couldnt wash the car for 2 weeks. It cures enough to get wet in 24hours. They actually finished late one afternoon but held the car another day to make sure it cured correctly in their shop.
Thanks! Might be worth the drive to go someplace with hands on recommendations.
2022 G80 comp X-drive:San Marino Blue/ Silverstone, 826 bicolor, cf roof; exec pkg; shadow lasers; carbon pack; MSS HAS; spacers (15/12); Burger intakes; Unit17 front lip/CS Style spoiler; TLG flappies; full xpel ppf + 15% tint; AWE switchpath exhaust w/mid-pipes; csl strut brace; Eventuri cf engine cover
Gone: 2020 M340i; 2017 F30 340i; 2008 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 06:29 PM   #9
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

how long does the silver package last for? i know these coatings have time tables on longevity.. which is wierd to me..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 09:18 PM   #10
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
how long does the silver package last for? i know these coatings have time tables on longevity.. which is wierd to me..
The company's website has all the details of the varying levels. I believe silver is 5 yes, but I'm not completely sure.

The ceramic coating wears down over time, albeit very slowly. Hence the time frames. If you use a "reloader" or maintenance ceramic spray you can help prolong it. Griot's Ceramic Spray (the neon green one) is a great product for that.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #11
Murf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The company's website has all the details of the varying levels. I believe silver is 5 yes, but I'm not completely sure.

The ceramic coating wears down over time, albeit very slowly. Hence the time frames. If you use a "reloader" or maintenance ceramic spray you can help prolong it. Griot's Ceramic Spray (the neon green one) is a great product for that.
I use and the dealer recommended Carpro Reload every few months.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:14 PM   #12
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Carpro is also good, as is Hydrosilex and a couple others. I saw a great comparison video where the Griots blew the others away in longevity. I switched to it and have been very happy.

Most would likely be sufficient as a topper for a ceramic coat. I use the t as the only shield (no true ceramic) so the longevity is important to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #13
PWB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks again Chris! Met with Mauricio last week. Very nice guy !
Have scheduled for a ceramic and tint package end of the month. My G83 is now in transit with ETA Brunswick 1118.
Left my wifeŽs Macan with Mauricio today so they can detail it while away for a few days. The facility looks super clean and I see very hi-end cars there all the time.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 11:26 AM   #14
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWB View Post
Have scheduled for a ceramic and tint package end of the month. My G83 is now in transit with ETA Brunswick 1118.
Left my wifeŽs Macan with Mauricio today so they can detail it while away for a few days. The facility looks super clean and I see very hi-end cars there all the time.
My buddy just used ecophant for PPF on his C8-R. Came out great.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13023.00
      11-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #15
Murf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWB View Post
My pleasure! You will be very happy with his work and as you said they are very nice people as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 05:18 PM   #16
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
In case anyone is still looking, I have been in contact with the following shops trying to gauge who to go with:

Ecophant (Boca) Mauricio was a super nice guy, seemed genuinely excited to have me visit his shop (coming from south Miami, so his recognizing that was nice.) Shop looked clean and well organized. Did not try to oversell options.

First Class Autosports (south Miami) Hugo very knowledgeable. Shop was also very clean and well organized. Impressive cats there being worked on. Apparently they do almost all the work from the Collection, so Maclaren, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, etc. Did not try to oversell options.

Always Sunny Detailing (Ft Lauderdale): Connor seemed nice. Going to try to visit his shop soon. Prices lower than Ecophant or First Class, but not drastically. This shop was recommended several times in other bimmerpost forums.
2022 G80 comp X-drive:San Marino Blue/ Silverstone, 826 bicolor, cf roof; exec pkg; shadow lasers; carbon pack; MSS HAS; spacers (15/12); Burger intakes; Unit17 front lip/CS Style spoiler; TLG flappies; full xpel ppf + 15% tint; AWE switchpath exhaust w/mid-pipes; csl strut brace; Eventuri cf engine cover
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13023.00
      04-25-2022, 05:39 PM   #17
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I don't know anything about these shops, as I live in California, so, I can't comment on that. I just have experience with the types of PPF being used. I'd like to highly recommend using STek DynoShield, if either of the shops use it. It's probably has the best clarity out of all of the PPF that I've seen.

I would also ask specific questions on how they plan to install the PPF, for the price. I paid to have my entire car wrapped in PPF. I realize it's not for everyone. but my detailer had my car about 14 days, and, I thought that was an astronomical amount of time to have a car, but after I got an explanation of what they were going to be doing, and after they showed me some cars that were parked for people to come pickup, I was stunned at what could be accomplished.

Wash
Decon
Clay
Inspect paint
2 Stage Polish
Re-Wash
IPA Wipedown
Remove door handles, front and rear headlights, mirrors, roof rails, wing.
Install full one piece STek DynoShield PPF on all exterior surfaces to include doors and trunk in one piece. Mirror caps and side skirts, removed for PPF, reinstalled.
reinstall door handles, then PPF handles. PPF Carbon wing and reinstall over PPF.
2 coats of self healing Feynlabs Ceramic coating, cured panel by panel with an I/R heat lamp.
Wheels removed, and CCB calipers cleaned and ceramic coated with Feynlabs Wheel and I/R cured. Wheels double coated, I/R cured, and reinstalled.
Install STek DynoFlex on outer windshield, and ceramic coat.

Time at Shop: 14 Days
Cost: $8,550.
Discount: Veteran + referral of 3 other customers that spent over $5,000 each.
OTD Price: $7,000

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 10:20 PM   #18
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
In case anyone is still looking, I have been in contact with the following shops trying to gauge who to go with:

Ecophant (Boca) Mauricio was a super nice guy, seemed genuinely excited to have me visit his shop (coming from south Miami, so his recognizing that was nice.) Shop looked clean and well organized. Did not try to oversell options.

First Class Autosports (south Miami) Hugo very knowledgeable. Shop was also very clean and well organized. Impressive cats there being worked on. Apparently they do almost all the work from the Collection, so Maclaren, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, etc. Did not try to oversell options.

Always Sunny Detailing (Ft Lauderdale): Connor seemed nice. Going to try to visit his shop soon. Prices lower than Ecophant or First Class, but not drastically. This shop was recommended several times in other bimmerpost forums.
I just got a quote from Mauricio at Ecophant yesterday, haven't reached out yet, but I am starting to think it needs to get done, pretty soon.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13023.00
bmw noob1397.50
      04-26-2022, 01:12 PM   #19
Alvinmark12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 G82

Auto Super Shield in Boca is great they did my car. You have to see if they use pre cuts on the film. It does not come out as good if they do.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 09:19 PM   #20
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
I just got a quote from Mauricio at Ecophant yesterday, haven't reached out yet, but I am starting to think it needs to get done, pretty soon.
You make an appointment yet? Interesting to get your feedback before I decide. Haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 10:48 PM   #21
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
You make an appointment yet? Interesting to get your feedback before I decide. Haha.
I haven't, been really busy lately. I also ordered a MSS HAS kit and need to get that installed now.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2022, 10:08 AM   #22
Murf
Captain
Rep

I am actually coming up on my 1 year refresh for the Silver ceramic pro pack I bought from Mauricio. Coating has held up extremely well.
Appreciate 3
'Cane8349.50
bmw noob1397.50
PWB152.00