BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

10-09-2021, 11:14 PM   #23
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MocoLoco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MocoLoco View Post
I know it's not being asked but I actually like Miami blue over Mexico Blue. I think both are original Porsche colors.
I LOVE Miami blue too. It was the third color in my mix … I had to try and eliminate one to narrow it down a bit but I love Miami blue too. Yes. Porsche colors. Porsche has one hell of a blue color palette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
You've waited how long already for a $100k car? What's another few months!? I say if you really want an individual color do it. I would have only if I could make up my mind on what to color to get and not be to critical of my own decision afterwards. Good luck on this tough decision.
Very true man! That's kind of what I'm thinking. I have waited- might as well wait a little longer if I can make a decision which to get. I keep going back and forth. I LOVE these blues but also love the BG. Saw one for first time on the road TODAY (right when I think about changing) and it caught my eye… a sign? Lol.
Such a tough call.
Then part of me feels like these two blues I mentioned look better on Porsche. Idk. I wish I could see some good photos of one or preferably both. Thank you for weighing in.
Before ordering an M4 I was going back and forth with my local Porsche on a Miami blue c2s. I was on the fence, but I regret not pulling the trigger on it. It looked so clean, but oh well. I'm happy with my order. I got a PB. I would have love to go with the kind of blue you're deciding on, but I didn't want to wait longer. So I went PB.
Yeah man! I've been googling like crazy - Mexico, riviera, and Miami. I really really love Miami! I think Mexico may be out at this point.

PB is beautiful too! Can't go wrong. I have always been super impatient too but today I just was thinking… why not consider an individual at this point. Lol. I am already week 45– who know what week an individual color would send me to.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 11:18 PM   #24
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Quote:
Yeah they do look amazing in blue. I had an F80 in yas marina blue. I loved it! Thank you so much for posting!

Mexico blue seems to have all of the votes thus far between the two. I do love it. I actually love Mexico, Riviera, and Miami.

I feel like Riviera is in between Mexico and Miami. I love that it's still bright but not quite so much as Miami and not as rich as Mexico. It's got character. If I'm gonna pay for a paint color, it's gotta have some pop! I couldn't see paying for a "normal" color. A white, grey, basic blue, etc.

Thanks so much for posting! That is helpful. I hadn't seen all of those.
Glad to hear that these pictures were helpful.

I love the lighter end of the spectrum and my top picks are Mexico, Riviera, and Miami. Miami looks great on a Porsche. For a sedan, my choices are Rivera and Mexico where Mexico has a slighter edge. Again all these are from online pictures and the final decision might be totally different if i see these colors in person.

You cant go wrong with any of these and keep us updated on your decision.
Loving these pictures man! Thank you.

I gotta say I think the more I google, the more I rule out Mexico. I am digging these lighter (and brighter) blues.

Riviera and Miami look KILLER!

I wonder if Miami and / or Riviera is even available? I know one dude in UK is waiting on his Riviera due in November so I would think it is. I haven't seen a G80/82 in Miami yet though hmm

I wonder what week I'd get punted to. In 45 now.. lol.

Thank you so much for your help. I sure am a sucker for these Porsche / BMW blues!!
Appreciate 1
vj1233790.00
      10-09-2021, 11:51 PM   #25
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Oh my god it gets better (and will take longer and will cost me more money)!!!!

Polar blue contrast stitching!

This w Miami blue and black full leather/ polar blue contrast stitching! Hmmm it's getting very tempting.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1451220
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 03:33 AM   #26
matx1982
M Performance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 + F90 M5 + G80 M3

Garage List
2021 X5  [0.00]
2021 M5 Competition  [9.17]
2022 M4 CSL  [10.00]
2022 M3 Xdrive Comp ...  [10.00]
I've ordered Riviera Blue with Kyalami carbon interior (he who dares!). My plan is to add the wing, 1000M gold wheels and a few other bits:

Name:  F80-riviera.png
Views: 1079
Size:  467.3 KB

Name:  visualiser3.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  661.9 KB

Name:  visualiser2.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  670.2 KB

Mat

Instagram - @matfireworks
Appreciate 7
RockinPA4848.00
chicagofan0019141.50
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
'Cane8499.50
evilalien450.50
      10-10-2021, 08:20 AM   #27
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
I've ordered Riviera Blue with Kyalami carbon interior (he who dares!). My plan is to add the wing, 1000M gold wheels and a few other bits:

Attachment 2716198

Attachment 2716199

Attachment 2716200

Mat
I LOVE those wheels! Awesome build Mat. Can't wait to see photos of it.

After much thought, I think I'm going with Miami blue if it's available. If not, Riviera is my second choice.

I didn't think the Orange would go but after seeing your photos, that looks awesome!!

My F80 was yas Marina blue with sakhir orange and I loved it! The riviera with kyalami will look killer! I love the 826 M wheel and could always powder coat them bronze too. I just might be your twin from across the pond!

My other idea for an interior choice is black full leather but do bright blue, individual contrast stitching to match.

Still some to be decided. Please tag me on photos whenever you receive yours! I can't wait to see it. I'll keep you/everyone posted.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-10-2021, 08:26 AM   #28
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2020 MDX, 2003 c320

Big fan of enzian and Mexico blue. Would prefer LSB for the nostalgia - any idea why they didn't approve peoples order for it?
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4848.00
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-10-2021, 08:46 AM   #29
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM3GALLY View Post
Big fan of enzian and Mexico blue. Would prefer LSB for the nostalgia - any idea why they didn't approve peoples order for it?
Those are rad too! I'm pretty set on Miami blue and Riviera if Miami isn't an option.

I would've loved LSB too- not sure why they won't allow on current models.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #30
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:

Haha! Dude! I know man. Literally after I posted this I left to get a haircut. On my way, I saw a BG G80 drive past me for the first time on the road! It definitely caught my eye. Beautiful car too!! A sign? Lol. I did love it. I'll get it sooner. And it's cheaper… such a tough call. I love those Porsche blues but part of me feels like maybe they're better suited on a Porsche. The colors are so rad. I love them. Such a tough decision..

Congrats you've at least finally arrived state side man!! I'm envious. I'm currently in week 45. I don't blame you for starting to lose interest. I'm not gonna lie- I literally emailed a Chevy dealer w a rapid blue C8 last night. Lol. It sold. It's my second choice. I'd love a C8 in rapid blue or red. I don't think I could get one of those either though. Especially, bc I'm not willing to pay mark up.

Maybe I just need to enter production so I stop changing my mind lol! Such a tough call

LOL no no, i mean at the port still in bremerhaven? haha

Everything was soo smooth and quick with the production, i really had high hopes, then i was stuck in at the port status for almost a week. Checked the website given by a member here and sure enough, i have a RAM stop sale.

So now my thanksgiving drive with this car looks almost impossible. More like a xmas drive, in the snow, with whatever tire i end up with lol.

I don't think i can start over though. If i back out of the M3 deal, i have to look for something else, something that's quicker to get or something that's in dealer stock, even though that also seems impossible.

I'm looking at my dealer stock now and they have an M550i in stock, or at least it says in stock, but it's black and i don't want a black car.

So idk what to do. I hate waiting lol.

But good luck with whatever you do man.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-10-2021, 11:28 AM   #31
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Quote:
Those are rad too! I'm pretty set on Miami blue and Riviera if Miami isn't an option.

Makese wonder if they are "saving" it for some upcoming special edition (CSL, 50th anniversary). It is an iconic BMW color, so it would make sense.
Appreciate 2
vj1233790.00
RockinPA4848.00
      10-10-2021, 11:30 AM   #32
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I didn't think the Orange would go but after seeing your photos, that looks awesome!!
It's like a Gulf livery edition! Would be awesome to do some orange accents on the outside also.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #33
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:

Haha! Dude! I know man. Literally after I posted this I left to get a haircut. On my way, I saw a BG G80 drive past me for the first time on the road! It definitely caught my eye. Beautiful car too!! A sign? Lol. I did love it. I'll get it sooner. And it's cheaper… such a tough call. I love those Porsche blues but part of me feels like maybe they're better suited on a Porsche. The colors are so rad. I love them. Such a tough decision..

Congrats you've at least finally arrived state side man!! I'm envious. I'm currently in week 45. I don't blame you for starting to lose interest. I'm not gonna lie- I literally emailed a Chevy dealer w a rapid blue C8 last night. Lol. It sold. It's my second choice. I'd love a C8 in rapid blue or red. I don't think I could get one of those either though. Especially, bc I'm not willing to pay mark up.

Maybe I just need to enter production so I stop changing my mind lol! Such a tough call

LOL no no, i mean at the port still in bremerhaven? haha

Everything was soo smooth and quick with the production, i really had high hopes, then i was stuck in at the port status for almost a week. Checked the website given by a member here and sure enough, i have a RAM stop sale.

So now my thanksgiving drive with this car looks almost impossible. More like a xmas drive, in the snow, with whatever tire i end up with lol.

I don't think i can start over though. If i back out of the M3 deal, i have to look for something else, something that's quicker to get or something that's in dealer stock, even though that also seems impossible.

I'm looking at my dealer stock now and they have an M550i in stock, or at least it says in stock, but it's black and i don't want a black car.

So idk what to do. I hate waiting lol.

But good luck with whatever you do man.
Oooh shit! I can't imagine having build complete then a stop sale. That's gotta be so frustrating. Sorry dude! I've been following it all too and hope it's resolved quickly for all you dudes.

Just hang in there… you will get it in time. At least we all have this free, group therapy in mean time lol.

I hate waiting too! I am about to make my wait even longer. Going to go for Miami blue with full black interior w individual blue contrast stitching. I can only imagine the delays I will incur. Lol. Can't wait though!

Thank you dude!! Keep us all posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
Quote:

Makese wonder if they are "saving" it for some upcoming special edition (CSL, 50th anniversary). It is an iconic BMW color, so it would make sense.
That is actually a really good thought! Would make a lot of sense. I hope they do!

Quote:
Quote:
It's like a Gulf livery edition! Would be awesome to do some orange accents on the outside also.

Yeah- I love the blue /Orange. Gonna do Miami blue and black w blue individual contrast stitching! Wish me luck! Haha. Reaching out to my sales guy today if he's in otherwise, tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-10-2021, 04:12 PM   #34
anitasanger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota taco

It appears that I've found my people. R1200GSA rider here. My dad's driven Bimmers his whole life and I hope to get an m3 (23 or 24 model year, most likely).

I'm hung up on light blues. I love them. I have several Sonic Blue fender guitars, and I can't even explain it, but the color speaks to me. I've been trying to decide between Riveria and Miami. This car is Miami according to the dealer (don't remember where I found it, it was a while ago), but it sure looks like Riveria to me.

I know everyone's hung up on Metallics and such, but I like a pure, non metallic color, and Porsche blues are just amazing. Does anyone know if Gulf blue is available to order on an m3? I think that would look good as well.

Miami Blue g80:
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4848.00
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-10-2021, 05:04 PM   #35
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Decided! Emailed /spoke to my SA. He's going to work on it tomorrow with his inventory manager.

Going with Miami Blue and full black leather with "polar blue" individual contrast stitching. See attached photo.

Does anyone have the paint code for Miami??

Thanks so much to all for your input/ help!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
chicagofan0019141.50
      10-10-2021, 05:05 PM   #36
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitasanger View Post
It appears that I've found my people. R1200GSA rider here. My dad's driven Bimmers his whole life and I hope to get an m3 (23 or 24 model year, most likely).

I'm hung up on light blues. I love them. I have several Sonic Blue fender guitars, and I can't even explain it, but the color speaks to me. I've been trying to decide between Riveria and Miami. This car is Miami according to the dealer (don't remember where I found it, it was a while ago), but it sure looks like Riveria to me.

I know everyone's hung up on Metallics and such, but I like a pure, non metallic color, and Porsche blues are just amazing. Does anyone know if Gulf blue is available to order on an m3? I think that would look good as well.

Miami Blue g80:
View post on imgur.com

Same! I love blues!

I can't wait to get mine. Hoping this order goes through.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-10-2021, 05:18 PM   #37
anitasanger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota taco

Quote:
Same! I love blues!

Heck yeah, man! That's gonna soooo boss! Can't freaking wait to see pics!!
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-10-2021, 05:19 PM   #38
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This car is Miami according to the dealer (don't remember where I found it, it was a while ago), but it sure looks like Riveria to me.

I know everyone's hung up on Metallics and such, but I like a pure, non metallic color, and Porsche blues are just amazing. Does anyone know if Gulf blue is available to order on an m3? I think that would look good as well.]
That very well may be Miami, and I would like to think a dealer would be careful on listing an individual color (though who knows,haha)...but the image is horribly over exposed regardless of what it is.

There is a post earlier in this thread comparing the most popular flat blues: Riviera, Miami, and Voodoo in one shot. Regardless of how perfectly accurate it is for any one of those, it allows you to compare them against each other directly. Enzian is another you may want to look into. All are slight variations of color intensity and hue ranging from almost pure blue to more green/teal range.

To see what colors are available through individual, use the link I gave below too the individualizer website. Put in the model you are considering and a list of special colors is available (forget using that tool to decide though because the images are FAR off from reality.) Those should all be $4500 (from what I understand.) If you want some other color, you have to submit the request to BLW with your order, and wait for them to approve or not. If approved, they will provide you with a quote. If it is approved, these can range from $4500 to $25000 depending on the logistics needed to fulfill.

Last edited by bmw noob; 10-10-2021 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #39
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Going with Miami Blue and full black leather with "polar blue" individual contrast stitching. See attached photo.

Does anyone have the paint code for Miami?

Here is a link to the individualizer...You should be able to get the code from there. *Sorry to say I don't see it listed under any M model (double check on case I missed it.)rams you will have to get the code from Google, and submit a request. Have a second option ready to submit together to avoid an even further delay.

https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...&dc=1-1#engine

Congrats on making s decision. I have a year or so, and am dreading the process of finalizing a combo. Hahahahaha.

If you don't mind, how much is the custom stitching? That is an amazing idea.

Also, do you have any idea if custom seatbelt colors are available, and of so how much? For instance, i think light blue belts would look amazing with you combo!
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-10-2021, 06:01 PM   #40
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Decided! Emailed /spoke to my SA. He's going to work on it tomorrow with his inventory manager.

That's going to be an awesome build. I'd love to have done some custom stitching but the costs on that add up so quickly plus add even more time to the build.

Can't wait to see photos once you get it!

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-10-2021, 06:18 PM   #41
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Same! I love blues!

Heck yeah, man! That's gonna soooo boss! Can't freaking wait to see pics!!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Quote:

Does anyone have the paint code for Miami?

Here is a link to the individualizer...You should be able to get the code from there. *Sorry to say I don't see it listed under any M model (double check on case I missed it.)rams you will have to get the code from Google, and submit a request. Have a second option ready to submit together to avoid an even further delay.

https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...;dc=1-1#engine

Congrats on making s decision. I have a year or so, and am dreading the process of finalizing a combo. Hahahahaha.

If you don't mind, how much is the custom stitching? That is an amazing idea.

Also, do you have any idea if custom seatbelt colors are available, and of so how much? For instance, i think light blue belts would look amazing with you combo!
Thank you, yeah, I didn't see the color on the visualizer either but I know it's been done so they must have it. Time will tell. Riviera is a back up choice.

2017 M3 in Miami Blue
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1368659

2018 M3 in Miami Blue
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1664860

2021 M4 in Miami Blue
https://youtube.com/shorts/ucaYUklWZGA?feature=share

Here is the link for the custom stitching. It looks like it'll be $1400. Not too bad.

Thread discussing Individual contrast stitching:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1410129

Thread showing Polar Blue Contrast Stitching:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1451220

I actually like the M belts but not sure if they have solid colored seatbelt options. Blue would be cool!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 06:20 PM   #42
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:

That's going to be an awesome build. I'd love to have done some custom stitching but the costs on that add up so quickly plus add even more time to the build.

Can't wait to see photos once you get it!

Thank you so much dude! I am excited to see your purple M! Gonna be amazing.

I'll take lots of photos and video! I have lots planned for it. Drones shots, video, pics, etc.

Can't wait!!
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019141.50
      10-10-2021, 11:21 PM   #43
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2020 MDX, 2003 c320

Speaking of Porsche Blues - Shark Blue is another winner
Attached Images

Appreciate 3