BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

10-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #1
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Edit: after spending days mulling over the different blues- I am actually going with Miami blue and black full leather interior with individual polar blue contrast stitching! I'm in love! Individual build requested!

I have a build week 45, G80 xDrive (BG with full Fiona red) on order.

I have been delayed a handful of times now and it's got me considering delaying further by going individual. I have always wanted an individual color but am generally too impatient.

Does anyone have a confirmed Riviera, Miami, or Mexico blue in their possession? I have used google and it generates all kinds of garbage. People use too many filters and are misinformed/color blind and you never REALLY know what's what. Lastly, I am aware of the visualizer site -it does these individual colors no justice. I want real photos with no filters.

I'm VERY tempted to make the switch on my xdrive to riviera, Miami, or Mexico with silverstone, full leather interior. Open to other interior color suggestions… ?

Leaning towards Riviera…

Does anyone know what the cost is on either color choice? $5k?

How long of a delay can I expect? I know it's a cluster fuck right now.

I am a sucker for BMW and Porsche blues. My F80 was YMB with Sakhir orange.

I've seen this photo (attached) on the forum and people are saying it's Riviera… true? Who knows…

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Both are likely $4500.

Honestly, I have virtually given up trying to determine what a color actually looks like from online pictures.

Your best bet is to get the paint code, and contact a reputable shop for them to paint you a sample. Will likely cost a few hundred dollars for two (there is a lot of waste and effort to even make a small sample), but it will be better than spending $4500 and regretting it. Make sure the sample is a decent size (maybe 6" square) and look at it in varying lights etc.

For mexico blue you can also look at Porsche, as it is a Porsche color originally.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #3
matx1982
M Performance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 + F90 M5 + G80 M3

Garage List
2021 X5  [0.00]
2021 M5 Competition  [9.17]
2022 M4 CSL  [10.00]
2022 M3 Xdrive Comp ...  [10.00]
I have also spent ages looking for Riviera Blue G8x. Several have come up in blue on BMW social medias and when questioned no reply by BMW.

I am told this is Riveria Blue...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3PolGsn0

PS I have Riviera Blue on order, due Nov.

Mat
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-09-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
matx1982
M Performance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 + F90 M5 + G80 M3

Garage List
2021 X5  [0.00]
2021 M5 Competition  [9.17]
2022 M4 CSL  [10.00]
2022 M3 Xdrive Comp ...  [10.00]
Also these are my photos of F80 in Riviera...

Name:  BMW-M4-riviera-1.jpg
Views: 7714
Size:  290.2 KB

Name:  BMW-M4-riviera-7.jpg
Views: 5464
Size:  252.4 KB

Instagram - @matfireworks
Appreciate 7
RockinPA4848.00
evilalien450.50
heavyD^23688.50
Scorp!on1511.50
pateke198.00
      10-09-2021, 04:24 PM   #5
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
Both are likely $4500.

Honestly, I have virtually given up trying to determine what a color actually looks like from online pictures.

Your best bet is to get the paint code, and contact a reputable shop for them to paint you a sample. Will likely cost a few hundred dollars for two (there is a lot of waste and effort to even make a small sample), but it will be better than spending $4500 and regretting it. Make sure the sample is a decent size (maybe 6" square) and look at it in varying lights etc.

For mexico blue you can also look at Porsche, as it is a Porsche color originally.
Lol, seriously. So hard to tell!
That's actually not a bad idea. Yeah, that's part of my reservation actually. I LOVE these shades of blue but I'm wondering if maybe they're better suited on a Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 04:29 PM   #6
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
I have also spent ages looking for Riviera Blue G8x. Several have come up in blue on BMW social medias and when questioned no reply by BMW.

I am told this is Riveria Blue...

PS I have Riviera Blue on order, due Nov.

Mat
I just watched the video, thank you for posting! I was able to salvage a screen shot. It looks awesome! Why couldn't they have shown the underneath structures of an Alpine white and reserved this car for an exterior, walk-around?! I would love to see more of this car!!!

I'm so tempted to change… from the snippet of the exterior I got, I do love it.

As I said above, these colors having originated with Porsche, I'm wondering if maybe they're better suited on Porsche. Hard to say how it'll look on the G80 M3. I do love the Porsche bright blues.

Congratulations on your car! I can't wait to see photos. M3 or M4? What color interior did you go with? When do you expect delivery, in November??

Thank you so much for your reply.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #7
MocoLoco
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered 2022 G82 6MT

I know it's not being asked but I actually like Miami blue over Mexico Blue. I think both are original Porsche colors.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-09-2021, 07:30 PM   #8
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

You’ve waited how long already for a $100k car? What’s another few months!? I say if you really want an individual color do it. I would have only if I could make up my mind on what to color to get and not be to critical of my own decision afterwards. Good luck on this tough decision.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4848.00
chicagofan0019140.00
      10-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #9
Remington
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 SSG M8 Competition

Here's my f80 Mexico Blue with Opal White interior, a stunning combination...as well as the new IOMG g82......
Attached Images

RockinPA4848.00
M_Adaptive1767.00
Scorp!on1511.50
IanW555484.50
      10-09-2021, 08:10 PM   #10
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Noooo man don't leave the BG behind!!!

lol nah i totally get the frustration. My car is done, just sitting at the port due to a RAM stop sale. So idk when it'll be resolved. At this point i kinda lost interest. I don't think i'll reconsider changing specs/color since i have to wait anyway. If it takes too long, i'm going to cancel and consider my other options i was going to do.

ALTHOUGH. If i really had to do it and go with another color, definitely either of those blues will look amazing on the G80.

It reminds me of rapid blue for the C8. A color i would opt for, if i wasn't set on ceramic matrix gray lol.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-09-2021, 08:13 PM   #11
MauiSteve
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M Sport 540i

I think the G80/82 looks way better with the metallic paints rather than the uni paint colors. If you're gonna cough up $4500 for an individual color I think metallic is the way to roll.

Atlantis metallic over tartufo I think would look stunning with bicolor 825 wheels- still waiting for someone to build this and take good pics.

If you're certain you want Riv or Mex then I'd vote Mexico blue. Neither is as nice as Laguna Seca, but apparently BMW is saying no to LSB.
      10-09-2021, 09:08 PM   #12
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Voodoo is probably the most intense pure blue of the flat blues...Riviera and Santorini seem really close, and enzian barely off those two. Depending on the image, either Santorini or Enzian reside slightly on the teal/hint of green side of blue.

Riviera def seems like a nice alternative as long as you want super metallic effect (I prefer that look, and am considering Atlantis over Silverstone myself.)

If you want an idea of what Riviera will look like, search local Audi dealerships for cars in Turbo blue. It is a very bright flat blue available on s5's and others. It seems very close to Riviera/enzian. If nothing else you can get a sense of what the color looks like in person on a real car.

Laguna Seca Blue has been rejected more than once and is not listed in the individualizer any more.

Like someone above, i prefer metallic to flat. That said, my friend has a turbo blue S5 and I liked it much more in person than I thought I would.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-09-2021, 09:09 PM   #13
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Also these are my photos of F80 in Riviera...

Attachment 2715884

Attachment 2715885
That is gorgeous. Love it woth light everyone interior. I miss the grant splitter from that generation, i think it did more visually because it was body colored.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #14
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MocoLoco View Post
I know it's not being asked but I actually like Miami blue over Mexico Blue. I think both are original Porsche colors.
I LOVE Miami blue too. It was the third color in my mix … I had to try and eliminate one to narrow it down a bit but I love Miami blue too. Yes. Porsche colors. Porsche has one hell of a blue color palette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
You've waited how long already for a $100k car? What's another few months!? I say if you really want an individual color do it. I would have only if I could make up my mind on what to color to get and not be to critical of my own decision afterwards. Good luck on this tough decision.
Very true man! That's kind of what I'm thinking. I have waited- might as well wait a little longer if I can make a decision which to get. I keep going back and forth. I LOVE these blues but also love the BG. Saw one for first time on the road TODAY (right when I think about changing) and it caught my eye… a sign? Lol.
Such a tough call.
Then part of me feels like these two blues I mentioned look better on Porsche. Idk. I wish I could see some good photos of one or preferably both. Thank you for weighing in.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2021, 09:43 PM   #15
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
Here's my f80 Mexico Blue with Opal White interior, a stunning combination...as well as the new IOMG g82......
Damn!! That is absolutely beautiful!! I love it. Nice cars man. I think I'd go w full silverstone if I did one of those two blues I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Noooo man don't leave the BG behind!!!

lol nah i totally get the frustration. My car is done, just sitting at the port due to a RAM stop sale. So idk when it'll be resolved. At this point i kinda lost interest. I don't think i'll reconsider changing specs/color since i have to wait anyway. If it takes too long, i'm going to cancel and consider my other options i was going to do.

ALTHOUGH. If i really had to do it and go with another color, definitely either of those blues will look amazing on the G80.

It reminds me of rapid blue for the C8. A color i would opt for, if i wasn't set on ceramic matrix gray lol.
Haha! Dude! I know man. Literally after I posted this I left to get a haircut. On my way, I saw a BG G80 drive past me for the first time on the road! It definitely caught my eye. Beautiful car too!! A sign? Lol. I did love it. I'll get it sooner. And it's cheaper… such a tough call. I love those Porsche blues but part of me feels like maybe they're better suited on a Porsche. The colors are so rad. I love them. Such a tough decision..

Congrats you've at least finally arrived state side man!! I'm envious. I'm currently in week 45. I don't blame you for starting to lose interest. I'm not gonna lie- I literally emailed a Chevy dealer w a rapid blue C8 last night. Lol. It sold. It's my second choice. I'd love a C8 in rapid blue or red. I don't think I could get one of those either though. Especially, bc I'm not willing to pay mark up.

Maybe I just need to enter production so I stop changing my mind lol! Such a tough call
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #16
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiSteve View Post
I think the G80/82 looks way better with the metallic paints rather than the uni paint colors. If you're gonna cough up $4500 for an individual color I think metallic is the way to roll.

Atlantis metallic over tartufo I think would look stunning with bicolor 825 wheels- still waiting for someone to build this and take good pics.

If you're certain you want Riv or Mex then I'd vote Mexico blue. Neither is as nice as Laguna Seca, but apparently BMW is saying no to LSB.
That would be a badass combo too! I'd love to see photos of that. I love the non metallic paints actually- the two I mentioned. I think if I was to do individual, it'd likely be one of those two blues…

I love LSB. It'd be my first choice in a heartbeat if available. I have seen the posts about it no longer being available. Such a shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
Voodoo is probably the most intense pure blue of the flat blues...Riviera and Santorini seem really close, and enzian barely off those two. Depending on the image, either Santorini or Enzian reside slightly on the teal/hint of green side of blue.

Riviera def seems like a nice alternative as long as you want super metallic effect (I prefer that look, and am considering Atlantis over Silverstone myself.)

If you want an idea of what Riviera will look like, search local Audi dealerships for cars in Turbo blue. It is a very bright flat blue available on s5's and others. It seems very close to Riviera/enzian. If nothing else you can get a sense of what the color looks like in person on a real car.

Laguna Seca Blue has been rejected more than once and is not listed in the individualizer any more.

Like someone above, i prefer metallic to flat. That said, my friend has a turbo blue S5 and I liked it much more in person than I thought I would.
Not a bad idea as well. I've seen the turbo blue too. Love it! Such a rad color!

I do wish I could get LSB. That would be rad!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 09:54 PM   #17
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

I am big fan of blues in BMWs.

These blues are so dynamic in the sun and its hard to visualize them in pictures. Among the given choices, i would opt for Mexico blue as its not in the lighter or rich end of the spectrum.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
RockinPA4848.00
vampire81434.50
MauiSteve281.00
Scorp!on1511.50
nathanm4683.00
IanW555484.50
      10-09-2021, 10:08 PM   #18
MocoLoco
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered 2022 G82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MocoLoco View Post
I LOVE Miami blue too. It was the third color in my mix … I had to try and eliminate one to narrow it down a bit but I love Miami blue too. Yes. Porsche colors. Porsche has one hell of a blue color palette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
You've waited how long already for a $100k car? What's another few months!? I say if you really want an individual color do it. I would have only if I could make up my mind on what to color to get and not be to critical of my own decision afterwards. Good luck on this tough decision.
Very true man! That's kind of what I'm thinking. I have waited- might as well wait a little longer if I can make a decision which to get. I keep going back and forth. I LOVE these blues but also love the BG. Saw one for first time on the road TODAY (right when I think about changing) and it caught my eye… a sign? Lol.
Such a tough call.
Then part of me feels like these two blues I mentioned look better on Porsche. Idk. I wish I could see some good photos of one or preferably both. Thank you for weighing in.
Before ordering an M4 I was going back and forth with my local Porsche on a Miami blue c2s. I was on the fence, but I regret not pulling the trigger on it. It looked so clean, but oh well. I'm happy with my order. I got a PB. I would have love to go with the kind of blue you're deciding on, but I didn't want to wait longer. So I went PB.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-09-2021, 10:13 PM   #19
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I am big fan of blues in BMWs.

These blues are so dynamic in the sun and its hard to visualize them in pictures. Among the given choices, i would opt for Mexico blue as its not in the lighter or rich end of the spectrum.

I am sure you would have come across these pictures but attaching them for reference.

Attachment 2716122

Attachment 2716123

Attachment 2716126
Yeah they do look amazing in blue. I had an F80 in yas marina blue. I loved it! Thank you so much for posting!

Mexico blue seems to have all of the votes thus far between the two. I do love it. I actually love Mexico, Riviera, and Miami.

I feel like Riviera is in between Mexico and Miami. I love that it's still bright but not quite so much as Miami and not as rich as Mexico. It's got character. If I'm gonna pay for a paint color, it's gotta have some pop! I couldn't see paying for a "normal" color. A white, grey, basic blue, etc.

Thanks so much for posting! That is helpful. I hadn't seen all of those.
Appreciate 2
vj1233790.00
Habber3513.50
      10-09-2021, 10:35 PM   #20
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I really like the brighter blues…

Really liking Miami blue over Mexico blue. May actually have to kick Mexico out. Lol. Despite all the votes.

I kinda think if I do this it'll be between Miami and Riviera. Something bright that pops. Something that'll seem unique and worth the extra $.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 10:48 PM   #21
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah they do look amazing in blue. I had an F80 in yas marina blue. I loved it! Thank you so much for posting!

Mexico blue seems to have all of the votes thus far between the two. I do love it. I actually love Mexico, Riviera, and Miami.

I feel like Riviera is in between Mexico and Miami. I love that it's still bright but not quite so much as Miami and not as rich as Mexico. It's got character. If I'm gonna pay for a paint color, it's gotta have some pop! I couldn't see paying for a "normal" color. A white, grey, basic blue, etc.

Thanks so much for posting! That is helpful. I hadn't seen all of those.
Glad to hear that these pictures were helpful.

I love the lighter end of the spectrum and my top picks are Mexico, Riviera, and Miami. Miami looks great on a Porsche. For a sedan, my choices are Rivera and Mexico where Mexico has a slighter edge. Again all these are from online pictures and the final decision might be totally different if i see these colors in person.

You cant go wrong with any of these and keep us updated on your decision.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-09-2021, 10:56 PM   #22
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I really like the brighter blues…

Really liking Miami blue over Mexico blue. May actually have to kick Mexico out. Lol. Despite all the votes.

I kinda think if I do this it'll be between Miami and Riviera. Something bright that pops. Something that'll seem unique and worth the extra $.
Hope these pictures help you as well.

Left to Right: Riviera blue, Miami blue and Mexico blue.

Name:  a.JPG
Views: 5309
Size:  91.6 KB

Left to Right: Voodoo blue, Miami blue and Riviera blue.

Name:  b.JPG
Views: 6535
Size:  97.7 KB
Appreciate 3
RockinPA4848.00
kmualim208.50
bmw noob1442.50