BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-05-2021, 07:31 PM   #89
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsePower View Post
I am cracking up reading the posts from the last few hours. Mostly because I've had all of these thoughts, and it's nice to know I'm not alone!

I had pretty much gotten over the whole thing, and was able to put the ordered car in the back of my mind, to easily wait and not think about it at all until it arrives, whenever that may be. And then I saw one in the flesh a few weeks ago - a black over orange M3 manual - and wow, the wait got difficult again... Sucks knowing it's built and sitting there, getting crapped on by seagulls, baked in the sun, and who knows what else... (and perhaps microfiber towels shoved where the RAM goes, like the person in one of these threads recently reported...there are so many, I'm losing track...)
Man don't get me thinking of birds crapping on my car. This fiasco can't end soon enough.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2021, 07:36 PM   #90
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58SP View Post
I mentally prepared for thanksgiving, but if it's not here by then I will be extremely disappointed, especially considering I might have to make another payment on my current car just to trade it in a day later

I almost had hopes for a by halloween drive considering my car actually finished production first week of october. But then i thought ok it's not gonna happen, it definitely has to be thanksgiving.

But considering thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away, i don't even know anymore if that's even possible either.

Some people have reported only a week until their RAM cleared to the time they drive the car home. So i know there's still a chance we get the cars by thanksgiving but i'm sort of thinking maybe not.

I think once thanksgiving comes and no sign of RAM being cleared, i really have to consider cancelling this car and getting something else, even used.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 07:48 PM   #91
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
I mentally prepared for thanksgiving, but if it's not here by then I will be extremely disappointed, especially considering I might have to make another payment on my current car just to trade it in a day later

I almost had hopes for a by halloween drive considering my car actually finished production first week of october. But then i thought ok it's not gonna happen, it definitely has to be thanksgiving.

But considering thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away, i don't even know anymore if that's even possible either.

Some people have reported only a week until their RAM cleared to the time they drive the car home. So i know there's still a chance we get the cars by thanksgiving but i'm sort of thinking maybe not.

I think once thanksgiving comes and no sign of RAM being cleared, i really have to consider cancelling this car and getting something else, even used.
The thing is now you are overpaying for anything you buy regardless of if it's used. So if you got this car at MSRP then it is a no brainer to wait, especially if you have a fun car now. I do, thing is in my mind I already traded my car in 😂
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 08:32 PM   #92
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The thing is now you are overpaying for anything you buy regardless of if it's used. So if you got this car at MSRP then it is a no brainer to wait, especially if you have a fun car now. I do, thing is in my mind I already traded my car in 😂
I do have a fun car to play with. I just want another one.

I don't mind paying more, if it gets me the car now. Like if i didn't worry about theft, i'd cancel the M3 today and go for that widebody hellcat charger. Even if i'd have to pay 5k over, at least i can drive the car home.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 08:37 PM   #93
grzeszja
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 16 YMB M4

Part of me feels bad as I was one of the lucky ones to clear the RAM stop sale in a few days.

The one thing I will say is be patient as this car is totally worth it. I am coming from a 16 F82 and a 19 F82C and this car is twice the car and worth the headaches. From the interior and technology to the planted feel of the drive. The car is a not as loud as my previous comp model but it picks up speed at a noticeably quicker pace.

Wishing all all of you a speedy resolve on your stop sales and plenty of great cruises ahead!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #94
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I do have a fun car to play with. I just want another one.

I don't mind paying more, if it gets me the car now. Like if i didn't worry about theft, i'd cancel the M3 today and go for that widebody hellcat charger. Even if i'd have to pay 5k over, at least i can drive the car home.
Don't do that, I had one for a couple of months and it's a terrible interior and handling compared to the M3. Not even that fast either a bolt on tuned M3 can eat that thing. They do sound sweet though
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 11:21 PM   #95
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD IOMG

Quote:
Don't do that, I had one for a couple of months and it's a terrible interior and handling compared to the M3. Not even that fast either a bolt on tuned M3 can eat that thing. They do sound sweet though
lol it's cause they have trouble putting the power down and also you're buying a fucking 90k dodge
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3453.00
      11-06-2021, 05:57 AM   #96
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

My friend has a hellcat so i know what it's like to drive. I know it doesn't compare at all the refinement of an M car but i do love my V8's. I'm a V8 nut. And the 6.2 supercharged FCA products like a trawkhawk, hellcat etc, are probably one of the best sounding V8's from factory.

Like i would get the hellcat just for the engine lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #97
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 6-speed

Quote:
My friend has a hellcat so i know what it's like to drive. I know it doesn't compare at all the refinement of an M car but i do love my V8's. I'm a V8 nut. And the 6.2 supercharged FCA products like a trawkhawk, hellcat etc, are probably one of the best sounding V8's from factory.

Like i would get the hellcat just for the engine lol.
Isn't the engine why everyone who gets one, gets one?

If the hellcat had a hybrid turbo 4, good luck selling them...

(And not to get too off topic, but isn't it funny how when Trackhawks were available new, the dealers couldn't give them away - I was always getting offered 15-20k or more off MSRP. And now they're like gold used...)

Anyway, to officially get back on topic, the RAM stop sale sucks. There, no thread jacking here
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #98
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post
lol it's cause they have trouble putting the power down and also you're buying a fucking 90k dodge
I'd be all over a 90k manual trans. viper reboot if it had a V10 still
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #99
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Isn't the engine why everyone who gets one, gets one?

If the hellcat had a hybrid turbo 4, good luck selling them...

(And not to get too off topic, but isn't it funny how when Trackhawks were available new, the dealers couldn't give them away - I was always getting offered 15-20k or more off MSRP. And now they're like gold used...)

Anyway, to officially get back on topic, the RAM stop sale sucks. There, no thread jacking here
Kinda yeah no.

Like if i got a hellcat, i'd get the charger, because it looks better than the challenger.

If i only needed/wanted ONE car, that's practical, i'd get the trawhawk, same engine.

But yes the engine is the main reason, just as is with most cars you buy today sorta. I didn't get the M3 for it's engine though lol.

So it really all depends.

The hellgato might be getting the same engine, one more time, in the next gen. Or to be sold side by side with it as a 1 or 2 year only production run, then 6cyl hybrids continuing on.

I really wish they refreshed the car one more time with the 6.2, i'd drop the M3 now to order that.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 11:23 AM   #100
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Kinda yeah no.

Like if i got a hellcat, i'd get the charger, because it looks better than the challenger.

If i only needed/wanted ONE car, that's practical, i'd get the trawhawk, same engine.

But yes the engine is the main reason, just as is with most cars you buy today sorta. I didn't get the M3 for it's engine though lol.

So it really all depends.

The hellgato might be getting the same engine, one more time, in the next gen. Or to be sold side by side with it as a 1 or 2 year only production run, then 6cyl hybrids continuing on.

I really wish they refreshed the car one more time with the 6.2, i'd drop the M3 now to order that.
I don't disagree with you that cars with that engine are cool. But with some negative past experiences in the FCA days personally, I've always passed. Even when I really wanted a Trackhawk. And when I wanted a Hellcat for about 20 minutes, because I filled my tank next to one that sounded like a full-on NASCAR
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      11-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #101
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Hey, I've seen so many videos, I am now going back and picking up on stuff I missed(people in the background)lol... I finally saw one on the interstate yesterday and followed it until my exit. I am starting to feel like the guy that got dumped and now I'm stalking.
What a coincidence. Was out earlier today in the C7Z and saw this pull up.

Not gonna lie, first time seeing iomg in person. It does look good. I take back my other posts in other threads about that color being terrible. It looks good. Car looks great on the road. I wonder if the owner is on here. If you are, car looks awesome bud.

Ok now I’m rejuvenated about getting the car again lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 06:55 PM   #102
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Hey, I've seen so many videos, I am now going back and picking up on stuff I missed(people in the background)lol... I finally saw one on the interstate yesterday and followed it until my exit. I am starting to feel like the guy that got dumped and now I'm stalking.

Not gonna lie, first time seeing iomg in person. It does look good. I take back my other posts in other threads about that color being terrible. It looks good. Car looks great on the road. I wonder if the owner is on here. If you are, car looks awesome bud.

Ok now I'm rejuvenated about getting the car again lol
lol... I felt the same way when u saw the car. I started thinking I didn't need the car because I work from home mostly and after Covid I don't go anywhere much because of all of the dumb asses out now. Also I haven't had a car payment in over a year and get a kick out of driving my 04 X5 with a 190k on it. Hell, I started looking at all of the shit I have accumulated and not using but YOLO.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      11-06-2021, 08:25 PM   #103
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

That's the problem with these cars! Just when I'm waffling over walking away from my order and buying something else, I see one in the flesh, and I'm back on the G80 train.

We've all come a long way from the whole world complaining about the grills
Appreciate 2
JDUNITNOW3453.00
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
      11-08-2021, 04:41 PM   #104
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That's the problem with these cars! Just when I'm waffling over walking away from my order and buying something else, I see one in the flesh, and I'm back on the G80 train.

We've all come a long way from the whole world complaining about the grills
It's now another weekday with no update and I am so close to walking away. If it's not here by thanksgiving and my yearly roadtrip I usually take then it really defeats the whole purpose for me
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 06:25 AM   #105
RgEstate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 g80

Bump…. Hoping they get more RAM’s soon
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 07:21 AM   #106
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Lucky Friday?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 04:08 PM   #107
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Lucky Friday?
For me it was.

Got a call from the dealer. My M3 actually arrived yesterday but he was off but as soon as he saw it today he called me to let me know it came. I asked him if i can get it tomorrow and he said not yet lol. He said i can come monday or tuesday next week. I chose tuesday because i have things to do on monday.

Will post pics on tuesday. So excited!!!!
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3453.00
      11-12-2021, 04:25 PM   #108
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
For me it was.

Got a call from the dealer. My M3 actually arrived yesterday but he was off but as soon as he saw it today he called me to let me know it came. I asked him if i can get it tomorrow and he said not yet lol. He said i can come monday or tuesday next week. I chose tuesday because i have things to do on monday.

Will post pics on tuesday. So excited!!!!
Good stuff! When did your stop sale close?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 05:53 PM   #109
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Good stuff! When did your stop sale close?
Wednesday i think?

I think it was mid morning it showed open on the recall website. I was checking rapid fire in the morning and it said open, then checked after lunch on wednesday and it finally said closed.

The following morning (thursday/yesterday) i checked the mybmw site and it said, "at the dealership".

Got a call this morning from my SA to confirm it's there but i can't pick it up yet. I assume it has to go through the dealer PDI, make sure the shipping blocks are off and other stuff they check. I have to call him back though to tell him to not mount the OEM front license plate bracket as i have a carbonio at home.

Very excited. Already got my dashcam ready too when i go pick up the car lol.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2021, 08:23 PM   #110
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Picked my car up today
Appreciate 0