BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-02-2021, 01:51 PM   #67
Motorat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Arrived at the port on 10/25. Only have the RAM but it's still showing as open.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #68
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 6-speed

I was on the Azul Ace with many of you, and am still sitting with the RAM open.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:22 PM   #69
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsePower View Post
I was on the Azul Ace with many of you, and am still sitting with the RAM open.
Did you try calling and finding out what's going on?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 03:12 PM   #70
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

My CA said his management had a call earlier today and he got some interesting info out of it:

"Just spoke with mgmt and on the call they mentioned that they were waiting to be able to do both stop sales rather than pulling cars in and out to do different fixes at different times! Hopefully that means the RAM is next".

This could mean that parts are in and you should be seeing some of us getting the stop sales completed. If this is accurate, my RAM stop sale should be done soon (and hopefully yours as well).

Really curious to see if this ends up being the case!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 03:18 PM   #71
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
My CA said his management had a call earlier today and he got some interesting info out of it:

"Just spoke with mgmt and on the call they mentioned that they were waiting to be able to do both stop sales rather than pulling cars in and out to do different fixes at different times! Hopefully that means the RAM is next".

This could mean that parts are in and you should be seeing some of us getting the stop sales completed. If this is accurate, my RAM stop sale should be done soon (and hopefully yours as well).

Really curious to see if this ends up being the case!
That wouldn't make sense to those who only have the RAM issue. That means that we would have to get delayed further until those cars which have both RAM and camera stop sales get resolved?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #72
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

I took it as if you have multiple stop sales potentially they won’t work on the car until parts for both stop sales are available. If you only have one stop sale then once parts for that are in (and your car is up next in the queue) you’ll be taken care of.

Now, this info could be a new development in their processes at the VPC. I don’t know. Just relaying what I was told.
Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
chicagofan0019134.00
      11-02-2021, 05:46 PM   #73
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
When i asked genius last week they said a lot of the RAM stop sales would be resolved (which was last week).

I am not sure if they meant for the ship my car was on (i would assume since i was inquiring about MY car), or they were talking about in general, as if they know i would relay this message on the forum lol.

My car still shows OPEN for the RAM so i already given up on even checking lol. I already wired my brain to accept a thanksgiving drive with the car. Hopefully it doesn't end up being a christmas drive lol, because i'm already starting to lose interest in this car. I'm sticking with it because i never owned an M car, or ANY BMW for that matter. And i wanna try it out for once.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 11:41 PM   #74
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58SP View Post
Did you try calling and finding out what's going on?
I can't seem to get answers from anyone, beyond hearing "I don't know" and other similarly frustrating variations of that theme. For a company moving what has to be $10s of millions (or more) of half-baked inventory around the world, they sure don't know (or share) much info...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:29 PM   #75
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So how many of us here at still waiting at Newark port? I wish there was a direct line to speak to someone in charge of the port and get a real answer.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 01:33 PM   #76
Motorat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

No movement
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 02:13 PM   #77
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

I'm there waiting on RAM.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 02:20 PM   #78
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm there waiting on RAM.
How long have you been there for? And any update from your CA?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 02:23 PM   #79
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

My status changed to "At the (destination) port" on 10/25. My camera stop sale was closed the other day, now just waiting on RAM.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 11:27 AM   #80
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My status changed to "At the (destination) port" on 10/25. My camera stop sale was closed the other day, now just waiting on RAM.
A lot of us from the same vessel from 10/22 still waiting on RAM in north Jersey. Seems like a few people got lucky immediately, everyone else sits. And sits.

At least our cars will have some warm sunshine next week while they enjoy the waterfront view of the port...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 12:42 PM   #81
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
A lot of us from the same vessel from 10/22 still waiting on RAM in north Jersey. Seems like a few people got lucky immediately, everyone else sits. And sits.

At least our cars will have some warm sunshine next week while they enjoy the waterfront view of the port...
This is honestly starting to get me a bit less interested in the car. I wish we had a real answer, I'd rather know than have to guess every day
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 01:43 PM   #82
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is honestly starting to get me a bit less interested in the car. I wish we had a real answer, I'd rather know than have to guess every day
I can't say I disagree. But I know when this is all over, we should be loving these cars.

If there was a 6 speed IS 500, or AMG, or really anything else comparable, perhaps I'd shop around. But unfortunately since I'll keep buying manuals until they stop making them, I'm left checking Alex Bond's recall checking tool hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 04:50 PM   #83
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can't say I disagree. But I know when this is all over, we should be loving these cars.

If there was a 6 speed IS 500, or AMG, or really anything else comparable, perhaps I'd shop around. But unfortunately since I'll keep buying manuals until they stop making them, I'm left checking Alex Bond's recall checking tool hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
IS500 can't even get either. I checked.

CT5-V blackwing can't get either. I checked that as well.

Only thing somewhat equivalent you could get is an RS5 or something used.

And i agree with the other guy who said they're losing interest. I already tapped out on all the youtube videos of this M3. I seen them all. Getting all excited about driving it and experiencing the same as seen in the videos. But this long ass wait is making me just want to cancel and get something else. Even used in the meantime to drive for a year and sell. I really want that hellcat charger and i know i can get that in a week or 2, brand new.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 06:28 PM   #84
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:

And i agree with the other guy who said they're losing interest. I already tapped out on all the youtube videos of this M3. I seen them all. Getting all excited about driving it and experiencing the same as seen in the videos. But this long ass wait is making me just want to cancel and get something else. Even used in the meantime to drive for a year and sell. I really want that hellcat charger and i know i can get that in a week or 2, brand new.
I'm actually leaning towards an older exotic such as an older 360 that won't depreciate. My biggest pet peeve is BMW not being upfront about time frames. If they said for example December 1st then I wouldn't need to check every 5 minutes
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 06:30 PM   #85
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Quote:

Hey, I've seen so many videos, I am now going back and picking up on stuff I missed(people in the background)lol... I finally saw one on the interstate yesterday and followed it until my exit. I am starting to feel like the guy that got dumped and now I'm stalking.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 06:51 PM   #86
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm actually leaning towards an older exotic such as an older 360 that won't depreciate. My biggest pet peeve is BMW not being upfront about time frames. If they said for example December 1st then I wouldn't need to check every 5 minutes
BMW doesn't care because they know someone WILL wait, and the dealers don't care, because they know someone WILL wait. And they could make more money because others would probably want the car so bad they'll pay ADM.

But you're totally right. I know you can't predict when a parts shortage will be resolved but there has to be a way to at least know who's in line to get their part they need fix. Like does it go by VIN? Does it go in order of how the cars are lined up at the port?

I think if we can at least know that, we can sort of figure out who's next and think ok, if they're getting 100 RAM's, my car is number 60, i should be good to go next week etc.

But no it's nothing. Some people got cleared in days. Some people got cleared in weeks and some really patient people, those poor people, have been waiting months and months. That's fucking ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Hey, I've seen so many videos, I am now going back and picking up on stuff I missed(people in the background)lol... I finally saw one on the interstate yesterday and followed it until my exit. I am starting to feel like the guy that got dumped and now I'm stalking.
Even if i saw one on the road recently that would make matters worse lol. I don't want to see someone else drive the car. I want to drive the car lol.

Combine with not knowing when it'll be resolved and knowing there's not much "decent" weather left, that means those who wouldn't normally drive their cars in winter will probably get it in the middle of winter, or to have them force to hibernate the car as soon as they get it and won't be able to drive it until spring.

This fucking blows lol
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3501.00
      11-05-2021, 07:16 PM   #87
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
BMW doesn't care because they know someone WILL wait, and the dealers don't care, because they know someone WILL wait. And they could make more money because others would probably want the car so bad they'll pay ADM.

But you're totally right. I know you can't predict when a parts shortage will be resolved but there has to be a way to at least know who's in line to get their part they need fix. Like does it go by VIN? Does it go in order of how the cars are lined up at the port?

I think if we can at least know that, we can sort of figure out who's next and think ok, if they're getting 100 RAM's, my car is number 60, i should be good to go next week etc.

But no it's nothing. Some people got cleared in days. Some people got cleared in weeks and some really patient people, those poor people, have been waiting months and months. That's fucking ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Even if i saw one on the road recently that would make matters worse lol. I don't want to see someone else drive the car. I want to drive the car lol.

Combine with not knowing when it'll be resolved and knowing there's not much "decent" weather left, that means those who wouldn't normally drive their cars in winter will probably get it in the middle of winter, or to have them force to hibernate the car as soon as they get it and won't be able to drive it until spring.

This fucking blows lol
I mentally prepared for thanksgiving, but if it's not here by then I will be extremely disappointed, especially considering I might have to make another payment on my current car just to trade it in a day later
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #88
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep

I am cracking up reading the posts from the last few hours. Mostly because I've had all of these thoughts, and it's nice to know I'm not alone!

I had pretty much gotten over the whole thing, and was able to put the ordered car in the back of my mind, to easily wait and not think about it at all until it arrives, whenever that may be. And then I saw one in the flesh a few weeks ago - a black over orange M3 manual - and wow, the wait got difficult again... Sucks knowing it's built and sitting there, getting crapped on by seagulls, baked in the sun, and who knows what else... (and perhaps microfiber towels shoved where the RAM goes, like the person in one of these threads recently reported...there are so many, I'm losing track...)
Appreciate 0