BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-16-2021, 12:21 AM   #67
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoday View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Just flipped to back in Transit. My CA just emailed me, and said he's actually expecting it in the next few days. Im tentative, for 10/18 at the dealer.
Mine too, I didn't expect The work to be done this soon, I hope it's true.
Here's the screenshot I got today.

I wonder: can I track the truck?

I would like to be there when the truck arrives to take photos of them unloading the car.

My CA is off on Mon - Tue , I might have to wait as wellI. I think I'll check with her and see if she wants to come in anyway she might want to.
Is yours going to the Sacramento area? Maybe we're on the same truck.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 12:39 AM   #68
nottoday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i 2022 M4 comp

Garage List
2916 Audi A6   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
That was a quick fix, I thought it would take a lot longer but I'm glad it didn't.
I just txt my CA and she told me the screenshot dates are not accurate. She said, when the car is loaded on the truck, the truck company will send an email to the dealership. And then I will have a better timeline for arrival.
I think thats probably what happened with mine. Good insight. My CA emailed me to tell me he's expecting it in the next few days, and an hour before that I had told him it was back in Transit, and Id believe the dates when I see it.
Seattle area. My CA said it would probably take about five days from the time they load it to the time they deliver it to the dealership. So I figure, it will arrive, about five days after the dealership receives the email it's on the truck.

Deluxe auto carriers. I'm going to do a search and see what I come up with.
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2021, 12:56 AM   #69
nottoday
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2916 Audi A6   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That was a quick fix, I thought it would take a lot longer but I'm glad it didn't.
I just txt my CA and she told me the screenshot dates are not accurate. She said, when the car is loaded on the truck, the truck company will send an email to the dealership. And then I will have a better timeline for arrival.
I think thats probably what happened with mine. Good insight. My CA emailed me to tell me he's expecting it in the next few days, and an hour before that I had told him it was back in Transit, and Id believe the dates when I see it.
Seattle area. My CA said it would probably take about five days from the time they load it to the time they deliver it to the dealership. So I figure, it will arrive, about five days after the dealership receives the email it's on the truck.

You know, it could be the same truck. Since the truck takes five days to get to Seattle, it must be making stops along the way.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13021.50
      10-16-2021, 02:03 AM   #70
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You know, it could be the same truck. Since the truck takes five days to get to Seattle, it must be making stops along the way.
Well, mine is setup to be dropped off on Monday, according to the tracker. I won't see it until Tuesday.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 11:35 AM   #71
unseen orko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i, Audi Q5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Seattle also.. just hitting paint booth. How long did it take yours to get to dealer from production begins?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 12:00 PM   #72
BMW41049
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by unseen orko View Post
Seattle also.. just hitting paint booth. How long did it take yours to get to dealer from production begins?
Tracking our M850 it went through the factory in about a week, then to the port in a day or two and it sat at the port for 5 days. About 28 days or so on the ship and then Port Hueneme where it was offloaded, then the next day to the VDC in Oxnard a mile away. That's where the car sat for 5 weeks while waiting for the RAM. Good luck to you.

Last edited by BMW41049; 10-16-2021 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2021, 01:58 PM   #73
nottoday
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2916 Audi A6   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Through the BMW tracking my production date shows August 31. I think that's when the car was completed. I think it takes about one month or so to get stateside. One week at the VPC for the ram issue, which seems very quick to me. And now it should be here within the next week or two, by the end of October.

I wish I could have followed the progress closer but, I didn't know until a month ago I could track it. My CA didn't tell me about tracking the progress so, I've been learning as I go.

This question really makes me want to document and/or explain my entire ordering process which was somewhat of a roller coaster ride. But maybe there's another thread for that.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 03:13 PM   #74
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
See first post for detailed tracking of a 2022 M4 Comp xDrive to Seattle:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1845109

Currently on a ship expected to land about 3 weeks from now. And then there's the RAM stop-sale and installation of additional M Performance parts.

It was in the paint booth a little over 3 weeks ahead of your car. Lots of variables involved past that point but should give you an idea.
      10-18-2021, 08:18 AM   #75
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeon View Post
Congrats! I don't have too many daytime pics but here's a photo of me driving mine home today.
Congratulations. Happy to see you finally got to take it home.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 08:21 AM   #76
Oeon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
Quote:
Congrats! I don't have too many daytime pics but here's a photo of me driving mine home today.
Thanks!! Any pics of yours? Here are a few more pics of mine although she looks entirely different now with full tint. I need to take new pics haha [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

2022 AWD G80 M3 Comp | Week 29 Build | BSM w/ Fiona Red
Appreciate 3
Limegrntaln13021.50
      10-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #77
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
Quote:
Thanks!! Any pics of yours? Here are a few more pics of mine although she looks entirely different now with full tint. I need to take new pics haha [IMG][/IMG]
That looks awesome. Just posted this thread today: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1867544

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2021, 01:12 PM   #78
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Anyone at Port Hueneme seen movement on the RAM stop sale recently.

My G80 got there on 11/5 and so far no change in status. Granted it hasn't been very long at all but more so wondering if anyone has seen the stop sale lifted recently to get an idea of if parts are even available and they are working their way down the long line of cars.

Still trying to remain hopeful for delivery before Thanksgiving.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13021.50
      11-10-2021, 05:58 PM   #79
vaevictis
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post

My G89 got there on 11/5 and so far no change in status. Granted it hasn't been very long at all but more so wondering if anyone has seen the stop sale lifted recently to get an idea of if parts are even available and they are working their way down the long line of cars.

My G80 arrived there on 10/28 and I've been sitting around waiting for a RAM... Hoping I get it before Thanksgiving as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 06:05 PM   #80
HeadDoc
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

My car has been at Port Hueneme since 10/28 with the RAM stop sale. I called BMW to get an update and the person said he received an email that stated there has been or soon will be a resupply of RAM parts that will close many of the open stop sale's. He also said my car should be delivered to the dealer next Wednesday. I am not holding my breath.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2021, 07:21 PM   #81
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD IOMG

Quote:

My G89 got there on 11/5 and so far no change in status. Granted it hasn't been very long at all but more so wondering if anyone has seen the stop sale lifted recently to get an idea of if parts are even available and they are working their way down the long line of cars.

All my dealer said is there's no ETA and to just expect it to be finished at some point and delivered.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 09:21 PM   #82
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaevictis View Post
Quote:

My G80 arrived there on 10/28 and I've been sitting around waiting for a RAM... Hoping I get it before Thanksgiving as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadDoc View Post
My car has been at Port Hueneme since 10/28 with the RAM stop sale. I called BMW to get an update and the person said he received an email that stated there has been or soon will be a resupply of RAM parts that will close many of the open stop sale's. He also said my car should be delivered to the dealer next Wednesday. I am not holding my breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post
Quote:

All my dealer said is there's no ETA and to just expect it to be finished at some point and delivered.
Here's to hoping they get a fairly large supply of the modules soon and can clear all our cars! Bummed to hear things have slowed way down at this point though.

Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 2
dimmy169.00
Limegrntaln13021.50
      11-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #83
vaevictis
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here's to hoping they get a fairly large supply of the modules soon and can clear all our cars! Bummed to hear things have slowed way down at this point though.
I think we smoked enough hopium to make our dreams come true...
Just saw my VIN for the RAM tech enhancement flip to closed.

Reaching out to my SA now to see what's good!
Appreciate 2
dimmy169.00
Limegrntaln13021.50
      11-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #84
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats!

Hoping mine won't be too far behind. Maybe mid next week if I'm lucky! Going to be refreshing the tool like a mad man now. 😂

Appreciate 1
dimmy169.00
      11-11-2021, 10:47 PM   #85
HeadDoc
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

Quote:

Congrats!!!! My car was on the Grand Duke which arrived on 10/28. Was your car on the same boat?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 09:09 AM   #86
vaevictis
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadDoc View Post
Congrats!!!! My car was on the Grand Duke which arrived on 10/28. Was your car on the same boat?
It was! Hoping it gets loaded onto a truck this weekend and off to Murrieta. Still pending to hear back from my SA.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 12:18 PM   #87
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
My car arrived in Port Hueneme on Nov 5th. The RAM fix went in this morning Nov 15th (or at least got reported as done this morning!). So it took a week to get done. I don't know the status of my M-Perf parts, but hopefully they are done or are getting done soon too.

Recall Type Defect Code Defect Code Description Reservation Date VIN Status Reservation Dealer Customer Notification Error Flag Error Message
no recall 0065480300 Retrofitting the receiver audio module Closed N
chicagofan0018923.00
Limegrntaln13021.50
      11-15-2021, 04:30 PM   #88
M4Suns6
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler, Mercedes AMG 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
My car arrived in Port Hueneme on Nov 5th. The RAM fix went in this morning Nov 15th (or at least got reported as done this morning!). So it took a week to get done. I don't know the status of my M-Perf parts, but hopefully they are done or are getting done soon too.

Recall Type Defect Code Defect Code Description Reservation Date VIN Status Reservation Dealer Customer Notification Error Flag Error Message
no recall 0065480300 Retrofitting the receiver audio module Closed N
My M4 Comp Cvt arrived on 11/5, 11/9 status changed to stop sale. I check this site and the recall tool website all the time. Glad I found this site and your post gives me some hope it might be soon!
Appreciate 1
kjx3162.50